Page 14 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824641145141014 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Maybe that's why they don't want to give you guys those deleted scenes because they know you would do just that--and produce a better version of the movie thatn the one they made.
    And that's a pretty good point. I liked the JL movie, but I love my cut. It's nowhere near as good as what A.B. Director did on youtube (seriously, if you guys haven't seen his stuff, CHECK IT OUT. Just search on youtube for A.B. Director Justice League...his "Tunnel Battle" and "Ending Battle Part 1" are glorious), but my cut gives Lois some actual character, and put the Dark back into the Dark Knight while also tying into & bringing about plot threads from the previous 4 DCEU movies. Maybe I'll upload it sometime, I just never bothered after a plethora of fan edits emerged.

Anyways, as to the Cruise stuff, I'd be ecstatic if it happened. He's been my favorite actor since forever, and in a world where Batman has been active for 20 years it would stand to reason that Hal Jordan could have received a ring somewhere around the time of Batman's debut, and simply been off planet patrolling his sector.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    And that's a pretty good point. I liked the JL movie, but I love my cut. It's nowhere near as good as what A.B. Director did on youtube (seriously, if you guys haven't seen his stuff, CHECK IT OUT. Just search on youtube for A.B. Director Justice League...his "Tunnel Battle" and "Ending Battle Part 1" are glorious), but my cut gives Lois some actual character, and put the Dark back into the Dark Knight while also tying into & bringing about plot threads from the previous 4 DCEU movies. Maybe I'll upload it sometime, I just never bothered after a plethora of fan edits emerged.

Anyways, as to the Cruise stuff, I'd be ecstatic if it happened. He's been my favorite actor since forever, and in a world where Batman has been active for 20 years it would stand to reason that Hal Jordan could have received a ring somewhere around the time of Batman's debut, and simply been off planet patrolling his sector.
    How did you make the “Clark_kent” cut of Justice league?

Like, what program did you use and what did you add/change? (If you don’t mind me asking)

Incredible Member

I would prefer Tom Cruise as Jason Blood, the human half of the Demon Etrigan. He can then be the opening for a darker DCU, as the leader of the JLA Dark team.

Retired

The best argument against Tom Cruise being a GL that I've seen is that the GLC would involve plenty of CGI, whereas Cruise is known for doing a lot of practical stunts. I don't see that as such a barrier--it would probably push the director to find more grounded scenes (I think a GLC movie is in danger of not seeming real enough and being buried by the effects)--or maybe put Jordan in scenes where he doesn't have his ring to help him. However, if Cruise was going to play another DC character, it should probably be one of the non-powered heroes, like Nemesis (Tom Tresser) or the Human Target (Christopher Chance)--but they might be too close to his Mission Impossible character.

BANNED

The best agrument against Tom Cruise is that casting him would make it a Tom Cruise film instead of a Green Lantern film, with his people redoing the script to make it more like a Tom Cruise film.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Tom Cruise for Doctor Psycho in Wonder Woman 3 please

or The Riddler

that too would be fine

After he became a leading man, did Tom Cruise ever play a non-lead role? Other than that comedic cameo in Tropic Thunder?

Don't see him taking a villain or equal team player role. It would have to be Hal Jordan and Friends if they want him to sign on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The best agrument against Tom Cruise is that casting him would make it a Tom Cruise film instead of a Green Lantern film, with his people redoing the script to make it more like a Tom Cruise film.
    The thing is Cruise plays and is known for laying a lot of Hal Jordan like characters. So a Tom Cruise film isn’t really far off

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    After he became a leading man, did Tom Cruise ever play a non-lead role? Other than that comedic cameo in Tropic Thunder?
    He was to a certain degree a supporting player in "Magnolia" and he was the bad guy in "Collateral". Other than that and the "Tropic Thunder" cameo you mentioned, I don't recall him not being the lead protagonist anywhere else. Maybe "Interview with a Vampire" where he was the bad guy too, but Lestat was more of a co-lead than a lesser important character there.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Don't see him taking a villain or equal team player role. It would have to be Hal Jordan and Friends if they want him to sign on.
    I mean, more often than not, isn't that what usually tends to happen anyway.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-19-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He was to a certain degree a supporting player in "Magnolia" and he was the bad guy in "Collateral". Other than that and the "Tropic Thunder" cameo you mentioned, I don't recall him not being the lead protagonist anywhere else. Maybe "Interview with a Vampire" where he was the bad guy too, but Lestat was more of a co-lead than a lesser important character there.

I mean, more often than not, isn't that what usually tends to happen anyway.
    He may have been the bad guy in Collateral but he was front and center on every poster and box art and he was generally billed as the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He may have been the bad guy in Collateral but he was front and center on every poster and box art and he was generally billed as the lead.
    Arnold got a top billing while playing the villain in B&R too, but the lead character in that movie was still Batman, not Freeze.

Apologies for giving that movie as an example. lol

Retired

I could also see Cruise playing Ted Kord in a Blue Beetle and Booster Gold action comedy--THE BLUE & THE GOLD.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Maybe Tom Cruise can be cast as Jason, Wonder Woman's brother, and he can take over the Wonder Woman threequel just like how Jason took over the book when he appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I could also see Cruise playing Ted Kord in a Blue Beetle and Booster Gold action comedy--THE BLUE & THE GOLD.
    I think Cruise as Booster would actually be more hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Maybe Tom Cruise can be cast as Jason, Wonder Woman's brother, and he can take over the Wonder Woman threequel just like how Jason took over the book when he appeared.
    Man, I just imagine us all looking back on how stupid that all was .

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They would just need to cast a big star to play John Stewart so the character isn’t overshadowed and it doesn’t become just a Tom Cruise movie. I don’t think Michael B. Jordan is interested in the role but someone like him who is very popular at the moment. Maybe they could convince Boyega to take the part.