Page 55 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859651051555551055 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Aside from Hugo Weaving (V) I cannot think of any other actor who was humble enough to stay behind the mask if required. So I do not expect this to suddenly change. Flashbacks could be a good excuse though. McGregor is an experienced actor; a solid choice IMO. A bit surprising nonetheless though; after some of the more weirdo Black Canary reasoning I'd rather had expected Tony Todd to play him (which if I'm honest I would quicker to buy in a terrifying antagonist role).

edit:
    Just read he voiced Darkseid in some Lego DC Movies. Maybe they get him for the big bad
    Karl Urban in Dredd. Edward Norton in Kingdom of Heaven (a non-comic book example), Tom Hardy as Ban except for like one flashback scene (where it actually made sense that he wouldn't have the mask yet). Etc,

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Karl Urban in Dredd. Edward Norton in Kingdom of Heaven (a non-comic book example), Tom Hardy as Ban except for like one flashback scene (where it actually made sense that he wouldn't have the mask yet). Etc,
    I really need to rewatch Kingdom of Heaven now.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 11-11-2018 at 06:53 PM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Would Brad Pitt as Vanisher in Deadpool 2 count as an actor covering up his face for most of his perfomrance? :P

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Would Brad Pitt as Vanisher in Deadpool 2 count as an actor covering up his face for most of his perfomrance? :P
    WTF? Now I have to rewatch Kingdom AND Deadpool 2... stop doing that to me CBR

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I have high hopes for SS2 and love Manta so for me its THE plan to get him. I hope we get an all new Squad, Manta would replace whoever it was Will Smith played, King Shark instead of Croc, Bronze Tiger instead of Flagg, Count Vertigo, the clown girl gets her head blown off, maybe Bane, maybe Catman. Or just let Gunn and Gail Simone do a Secret Six movie.
    They would rather get rid of Superman and Batman from the DC movie universe.

... What? Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Urban only counts half :-P But yeah, he did better than Stallone in that regard. Wish Urbans Dredd would have had costuming and world design of the previous JD mixed with the acting and violence the modern had. But I digress. Never saw KoH but totally forgot about Bane; but here its kind of both. We saw him reasonably explained because Flashback but not since he became Bane. I think. It has been some time and well... since I saw this I think I cannot watch his Bane with a straight face anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I cannot even remember that. I think I need to rewatch it. oO
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 11-11-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

So only one DCEU movie for 2019? Shazam? WTF? Why is DC taking so long when they have all these projects in the works? Not counting the Joker since it's set in some other universe.

Basically 2 movies in 2 years? Horrible pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    So only one DCEU movie for 2019? Shazam? WTF? Why is DC taking so long when they have all these projects in the works?
    Because plans got thrown out of whack by everything that happened starting back in 2016. The original plan for 2019 was to release both Shazam and Justice League: Part 2, and Flash was supposed to be this year.

So only one DCEU movie for 2019? Shazam? WTF? Why is DC taking so long when they have all these projects in the works? Not counting the Joker since it's set in some other universe.

They’re waiting to see how Aquaman does. If it bombs Flash, GLC, and any other movie tied to the Snyderverse go bye-bye. They’ll stick with Patty/Gal and move forward, basically rebooting everyone else.

I don't mind one DCEU movie per a year as long as it delivers. Rushing things to try to compete with Marvel didn't do WB any favors. The slower and steady approach could end up being the right approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't mind one DCEU movie per a year as long as it delivers. Rushing things to try to compete with Marvel didn't do WB any favors. The slower and steady approach could end up being the right approach.
    Exactly. Especially if WB/DC manages to create its own style (less jokes than in Marvel, where there is far too many for my taste), and simply put one great movie a year, amidst a very MCU-saturated year. It could be like palate cleanser between five or so Marvel-based movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    one thing about movies though is that they have a huge impact on kids (at least from what i've seen). along with the movies comes the toys, the clothes, tons of merchandise. they then go to school and the cool kids are all wearing the spidey t-shirt and stuff.

it sure would be nice to add that to the things you enjoy doing with the kids while they're still young.

so yeah, definitely quality movies, and then hopefully an increase in quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re waiting to see how Aquaman does. If it bombs Flash, GLC, and any other movie tied to the Snyderverse go bye-bye. They’ll stick with Patty/Gal and move forward, basically rebooting everyone else.
    I don't expect much of the movies going forward to be heavily tied to the "Snyderverse" regardless. If we ever get a Superman movie, I'm betting dollars to donuts it's a soft reboot, even if they somehow convince WB to cast Henry Cavill again.

Early reactions to aquaman are in.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquam...tation-a164642

For those asking, audiences seem to really love #Aquaman last night, haven’t heard a single bad thing, beautiful, funny, adventurous, it’s really everything you want.
    So... about #Aquaman. A reaction from final film:
    - It's pretty good! Not groundbreaking, but solid
    - Action is good, story is alright
    - CGI is decent
    - Score is meh
    - Mera/Arthur are hit and miss
    - Overall, a good film
    Yes...advanced screening... we were told at Warner Bros. Studios that we were the first on the west coast to see the finished product
    I can say I have seen #Aquaman

I can't talk about details but I can tell you it's a major achievement in film making and storytelling it's a display that Walter hamada is doing a great job it's evidence that James should direct more DC movies
    Aquaman is my top DC movie now. You heard it here first. First to watch it on the west coast!
    One "OK" review and the rest liked it so off to a good start!

Mighty Member

Also, another reaction, she's from Hollywood Reporter:

Just saw AQUAMAN, which is a whole lot of fun. Like an afternoon at an aquarium crossed with an MMA match. In a good way

— Tatiana Siegel (@TatianaSiegel27) November 13, 2018