Page 10 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420601105101010 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    What do you think they're going to do with Superman? Just not make anymore Superman movies? Hire another actor to play Supes? He's mentioned in the SHAZAM! movie, who is he if not the Cavill Superman?
    Pull a Supergirl season 3 ?

Astonishing Member

I find it also weird that Gal Gadot has gotten rave reviews about her performance as WW, but in the end Margot Robbie might end up with more DCEU franchise appearances than her when all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Nothing in the DCEU makes sense going forward without Superman.
    Who said Superman is going anywhere?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    That’s absurd. Hollywood doesn’t discount equally talented women. At least they haven’t for a long time. Because why the hell would they do that? What would they gain from that? The truth is, there are have been more men in directorial positions because significantly more men choose to enter that profession.
    Uhhh not sure if you're serious or not... Hollywood has been well known to not give women or minorities the same chances their White male counterparts are afforded (sometimes multiple, if they flub the first chance). Only recently has that changed
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Who said Superman is going anywhere?
    The people hard at work not making Man Of Steel 2 are saying loudly that Superman is going absolutely nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Uhhh not sure if you're serious or not... Hollywood has been well known to not give women or minorities the same chances their White male counterparts are afforded (sometimes multiple, if they flub the first chance). Only recently has that changed
    To be fair there's a difference between giving any filmmaker a chance regardless of their group identity, and giving them a chance based on their group identity. I don't think the argument was that it's wrong to have a woman direct a female-led superhero movie, it was more that equality is not achieved by trying to make up for the past by excluding people based on their group identity all over again.

A Supergirl movie? IDK; the show is kinda solid besides a few slipups IMO. Also MoS2 first please. Use it as Backdoor movie for SG; I like the idea to let Jenkins handle that. Love her WW movie. Considering that she went ballistic when the studio wanted her to scrap the No Mans Land scene and how defining that one was to make Wonder Woman what she is I have a very good feeling about her handling Supes well if she likes him. Lets hope the Studio does not enforces something stupid like that only white male Kryptonians are allowed to direct any more Superman movies with weird reasoning like everyone else would not be able too handle the material well.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I find it also weird that Gal Gadot has gotten rave reviews about her performance as WW, but in the end Margot Robbie might end up with more DCEU franchise appearances than her when all said and done.
    With WBs release mentality & each year a new re-roll? :P

Right now we have 3x WW (BvS; WW & JL) with one sure announcement with WW2 and an rumored appearance in Flash (which is probably looking for a new director already even if just out of habit) and 1x HQ in Suicide Squad with a sure appearance in BoP (if it gets made; but that one looks at least like a sure deal).

The two Joker movies of which I hear only one is secure (the lame disconnected standalone origin one :P) which would make no sense for HQ to appear in and the DCEU Joker movie is still rumored AFAIK (although because its connected that alone would make it a sure deal for me + I would love to see him go up against Afflecks Batman in more than just a Car chase in a movie made from his perspective). And to talk about a Sirens movie as a sequel to the not even filmed BoP... Should I point out to talks about MoS2 after MoS?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To be fair there's a difference between giving any filmmaker a chance regardless of their group identity, and giving them a chance based on their group identity. I don't think the argument was that it's wrong to have a woman direct a female-led superhero movie, it was more that equality is not achieved by trying to make up for the past by excluding people based on their group identity all over again.
    Yes. Exactly.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

These scoopers better not be toying with me!! Love me some Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. Also seems like it's movie related and definitely about Jaime Reyes (not Ted or Dan).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"#Joker sounds like it’s going to a mix of King of Comedy and The Killing Joke but without all the Batgirl torture"

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...87755774566403

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

These scoopers better not be toying with me!! Love me some Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. Also seems like it's movie related and definitely about Jaime Reyes (not Ted or Dan).
    "Blue Beetles is being discussed but may go to the streaming service to give them more family friendly content"

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...06867707977728

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Should add all the movies rumored to be in development to the OP to help keep track of em all

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Blue Beetles is being discussed but may go to the streaming service to give them more family friendly content"

Ahh I see. Either option works for me! The greedy fan boy in me wants both (movie and tv show lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Wow that would be a dream come true! Never in a million years did I think I would ever see a show or movie starring a Hispanic superhero. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This is swell and rosy in theory but practically... if you just put a person who is right NOW being given her first opportunity next to someone who has been given lots of opportunity in the past to the point where he has gained far more experience than the first person and then say "let the most capable person get the job", what do you THINK will happen?

Unless the first person is a magical unicorn with superpowers, she cannot beat a far more experienced person. And it's not her fault as she was denied the same experience in the past due to discrimination. So affirmative action is common sense for actual equality.