Page 43 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753931435431043 ... LastLast
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://deadline.com/2018/10/crazy-r...medium=twitter

Aquaman will be getting released two weeks ahead of the US in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Interesting strategy to be ahead of the competition and then create WOM for the US.

Avoiding spoilers online for a couple of weeks will be a miserable task though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

I guess they're starting where it counts in some ways .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Flash Standalone Movie Pushes Start Date, Eyes 2021 Release (EXCLUSIVE): https://variety.com/2018/film/news/f...te-1202980356/

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

In true Flash fashion, Barry's always late.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Flash Standalone Movie Pushes Start Date, Eyes 2021 Release (EXCLUSIVE): https://variety.com/2018/film/news/f...te-1202980356/
    I really hope the delays are truly just script related and not just trying to meet Miller's schedule. He isn't worth the delays if it is all due to his schedule. I always wouldn't have minded a recast.

I think the Justice League characters are no longer a top priority for DC after everything that's gone wrong. Even the article on the Flash ends with Variety reaffirming that we ain't getting another Superman movie anytime soon and that Batman will likely star a new actor. And there hasn't been any movement on that Cyborg movie since it was announced way the hell back in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I think the Justice League characters are no longer a top priority for DC after everything that's gone wrong. Even the article on the Flash ends with Variety reaffirming that we ain't getting another Superman movie anytime soon and that Batman will likely star a new actor. And there hasn't been any movement on that Cyborg movie since it was announced way the hell back in 2014.
    I think a lot might also be riding on how well Aquaman and Shazam do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a lot might also be riding on how well Aquaman and Shazam do.
    Yeah, they're basically in wait and see mode.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Soo no one gonna leak the Aquaman TV spot?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What is with superhero movies and China?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Soo no one gonna leak the Aquaman TV spot?
    Here you go. And there's an unsurprising shout out to China included as well

Retired

I think that Walter Hamada knows how valuable their IPs are--Batman, Superman, Justice League, et al--but he also sees that they haven't made the best moves with them in the recent past. The box office for JUSTICE LEAGUE is shocking, given all those iconic characters and their massive appeal. Even SUICIDE SQUAD did better in its box office.

So rather than rushing into things with more bad ideas, Hamada probably wants to pull back and make sure that they get it right next time. They're going ahead with the movies that were already in the pipeline and with outside projects like the Joker movie that can exist in its own world--but they don't want to screw the pooch with any of their future projects.

I'm not entirely happy about that as it means we'll probably lose Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill and it will take a long time to reboot Batman, Superman and the Justice League. But I can understand why they want to proceed with caution. If they push ahead too fast, they could make a bad situation even worse.

The Justice League as a whole isn’t, but Batman and WW absolutely are. Right now WB is waiting to see how the next three movies do, a lot is binging on Aquaman. If he does well they’re probably planning to start putting the others into production. Affleck and Cavill are both definitely gone though.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What is with superhero movies and China?
    China is what secures a big foreign box office.