Page 22 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632721225221022 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, Warner’s hold on the Superman film rights are not the same as they are with other DC characters film rights(in which they have them in perpetuity) so similar to studios like Sony and Fox that only licenses Marvel rights but don’t actually own them if Warner’s waits too long to begin production on a Superman movie or any Superman related movie then they lose the film rights. So I’m wondering if doing a Supergirl film is seen as an alternative to doing another proper Superman movie with Cavil so they don’t lose the Superman film rights? Either way, I’m ambivalent about the DC-on-film universe so whatever.
    Yeah, no. Time Warner owns that stuff lock, stock, and barrel.

Why, where did you think those rights would go to? Who could they possibly lose them to?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    According to Dany Garcia, Cavill's manager, he's still Superman.

https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/sta...02939261808640
    Incoming Warner Bros PR-control statement.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

These movies have been a mess for a long time now. It's probably best to either reboot but keep the actors that worked like Gal or do what they did after the Burton movies, keep the continuity but change actors when needed.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Retired

There's always been talk of a Red Sun Superman movie, which would be an Elseworlds. So I could see them doing that, after the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie. In which case, it wouldn't matter if Cavill was Superman or not.

I'll wait till Warner Bros. comment before freaking out over this. My initial reaction, though, is I'll be sorry to see him go. Cavill was a good fit for the role, but more importantly he genuinely seemed enthused to play Superman, regardless of the amounts of negative press these films received. He earns a lot of good will from me for that.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There's always been talk of a Red Sun Superman movie, which would be an Elseworlds. So I could see them doing that, after the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie. In which case, it wouldn't matter if Cavill was Superman or not.
    Honestly WB should be trying harder with big budget animated movies since those are the only ones doing good at the moment. All the Lego movies were hits but they haven't been doing anything else and now Marvel/Sony is going to kick off their Spider-Verse movies which could be a huge deal for them.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    According to Dany Garcia, Cavill's manager, he's still Superman.

https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/sta...02939261808640
    Hope.........

According to you people Ben Affleck left the role of Batman a year ago. The rumours that Henry Cavill was leaving was entirely spurred by the news that he was being cast in a Witcher series. My friends made a joke about that this 'confirmed' he was leaving the role too, but they knew they were being stupid when they did it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The more muddled and confusing this gets the more I don't care about these movies. The DCEU movies have been wasted potential after another with few executions. It's cool if you like these movies but WB acknowledges that they didn't do what they wanted otherwise they wouldn't be in this situation. This house was built on a terrible foundation of Zack Synder's style over substance form of filmmaking mixed with an overall depressing bleak tone that doesn't fit with DC's public outlook (at-least pre-IC for comic fans) and a terrible pseudo adaptation of DKR as your first crossover of heroes. There was only one way this was going, public recoiled back. I get everything they were trying to do, I really do but just because something looks good on paper doesn't mean it will win the world's hearts and minds.

Now it's back to the drawing board and hope the next thing that comes out will be better. I still can't believe that the firsts of live-action DC were wasted. (Batman/Superman, Trinity, JL)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah, no. Time Warner owns that stuff lock, stock, and barrel.

Why, where did you think those rights would go to? Who could they possibly lose them to?
    I recall seeing something in regards to Warner’s Bros hold on the Superman rights being in jeopardy thanks to the legal battles with Siegel family over the profits to should be entitled to. The family lost the lawsuit but the silver lining for the family is they could be eligible to sue Warners again if Warners doesn’t make a Superman movie in time therefore potentially losing the rights to the Siegel family.

And here’s an article I found.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2594577/warn...equel-by-2011/

It seems I misremembered and for now Warners has the Superman rights
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-12-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Rumors has it that Michael B Jordan is one of the considered replacements for Henry Cavill.

https://screenrant.com/superman-mich...l-replacement/

Sounds like we could be getting Val-Zod, which honestly works better for the studio creatively. The public has no preconceived notions about the type of person Val-Zod should be, which makes him malleable; like what the MCU did.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Rumors has it that Michael B Jordan is one of the considered replacements for Henry Cavill.

Sounds like we could be getting Val-Zod, which honestly works better for the studio creatively. The public has no preconceived notions about the type of person Val-Zod should be, which makes him malleable; like what the MCU did.
    I really doubt this will happen, it's more likely that they are throwing names out there to reestablish hype instead of people getting upset over Cavill.

Literally lies on top of lies. I genuinely don't understand how anyone can believe this trash, especially when it has already been confirmed that Cavill is still playing Superman.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Michael B. Jordan is considered by WB for every role.

Extraordinary Member

It would be interesting for no other reason than to see if he could transform his body even more than he already has - which is pretty insane for sure. But for me personally, no other actor has fit the embodiment of Superman the way Cavill has since Christopher Reeve.

I'd much rather see Michael B play John Stewart Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Michael B. Jordan is considered by WB for every role.
    Him and Miles Teller