Page 445 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545945 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Soo..."They didn't do this and they didn't do that."
    "Yeah they did, it's right here."
    "Oh...well...okay, yeah, but..."

She was never going to wear a strapless swimsuit with fishnets, a leather jacket and high heel bolero boots. Sorry if that's what you were waiting for.
    Who says we wanted that? In a world where they've adapted Wonder Woman's costume in a great way, why can't we get some stuff like this that shows them as superheroes with mostly comic accurate costumes instead of boring ass street clothes? This isn't the Fox era of X-Men anymore, give them costumes:

Black Canary.jpg

Huntress.jpg

Soo..."They didn't do this and they didn't do that."
    "Yeah they did, it's right here."
    "Oh...well...okay, yeah, but..."

She was never going to wear a strapless swimsuit with fishnets, a leather jacket and high heel bolero boots. Sorry if that's what you were waiting for.
    I wasn't asking for that. I was just hoping for a better attempt at adapting her look from the comics then they seem to be going for with this film, which didn't need a swimsuit or high heeled boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Who says we wanted that? In a world where they've adapted Wonder Woman's costume in a great way, why can't we get some stuff like this that shows them as superheroes with mostly comic accurate costumes instead of boring ass street clothes? This isn't the Fox era of X-Men anymore, give them costumes:

Black Canary.jpg

Huntress.jpg
    Although I think they could do better then her original BoP costume.

Fantastic Member

Black Canary.jpg

Huntress.jpg
    I assume you mean the really great adaptation of Wonder Woman's suit that everyone complained about when it was first revealed too? It's too dark...there's no red...why is she wearing wedges, they're impractical...so she's not playing Wonder Woman she's playing Xena...blah blah blah...
    Wonder Woman's costume evolved it's colors into the suit we now have. It has been stated constantly that this is an origin story. They are not yet the "Birds of Prey" and Dinah evolves into the hero she is meant to be (at least starts to) in this movie...so maybe a proper superhero costume is coming, in this movie or the next.
    However, this conversation, or the part I was originally addressing was whether she was recognizable or not. I think the costuming shows that they went to great effort to incorporate traditional Black Canary elements into her clothes and I feel that she IS recognizable.
    Whether someone likes the clothes or not or feels that they didn't get precisely what they wanted is, as I said before, subjective.

I assume you mean the really great adaptation of Wonder Woman's suit that everyone complained about when it was first revealed too? It's too dark...there's no red...why is she wearing wedges, they're impractical...so she's not playing Wonder Woman she's playing Xena...blah blah blah...
    Wonder Woman's costume evolved it's colors into the suit we now have. It has been stated constantly that this is an origin story. They are not yet the "Birds of Prey" and Dinah evolves into the hero she is meant to be (at least starts to) in this movie...so maybe a proper superhero costume is coming, in this movie or the next.
    However, this conversation, or the part I was originally addressing was whether she was recognizable or not. I think the costuming shows that they went to great effort to incorporate traditional Black Canary elements into her clothes and I feel that she IS recognizable.
    Whether someone likes the clothes or not or feels that they didn't get precisely what they wanted is, as I said before, subjective.
    Isn't she supposed to be a retired hero in this continuity? So not much of an origin story. Feels weird to have to have that in a Harley Quinn movie.

I can acknowledge they tried to incorporate certain iconic elements of Black Canary into her movie design, but I don't think they make her very recognizable in the way they used them.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the MILLION DOLLAR question? What source material do you go by to pander to the entitled crybaby comic book fan?

All these ladies had their OWN books. They have all been around for 20+ years. Let not forget that tv show from 2001.

So what version do the entitled comic book fan want? Chuck Dixon, Terry Moore, Gilbert Hernandez, Gail Simone, Tony Bedard, Sean McKeever, Duane Swierczynski, Shawna Benson or Julie Benson's version?

There are 31 trades and 9 series writers and that does not count the creator-Jordan Gorfinkel's version that did not make it to print.

So what version folks? That justifies attacking an actress of color? Justifies being critical of a production that is NOT OBLIGATED to follow any source?
    Again, the 2001 t.v. series is really not something for BoP fans to be proud of. Otherwise, I agree.

Black Canary.jpg

Huntress.jpg
    Well it certainly doesn't help that the only time people suggest costumes like these is when they're complaining about the ones they do get being "not comic book" enough. I mean, what are the odds that the people who dislike the outfits we are getting would have even suggested the ones you posted if they'd gone with skimpy outfits Dinah and Helena are (in)famous for?

The same thing happened with Anna Diop as Starfire. Suddenly, people cared that a character notorious for dressing like she was working a pole cared so much about modesty. Despite the fact that what Diop wore was a hell lot more dignified than every costume Kory had worn except for this one:

Last edited by Agent Z; 12-30-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't she supposed to be a retired hero in this continuity? So not much of an origin story. Feels weird to have to have that in a Harley Quinn movie.

I can acknowledge they tried to incorporate certain iconic elements of Black Canary into her movie design, but I don't think they make her very recognizable in the way they used them.
    Based on everything I've seen, no, she's not retired. She has yet to step up and step into her power because she's heartbroken because she feels Gotham killed her mother, who was a crime fighter.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don’t understand how is black canary's most recognisable look more bad than let's say wonder woman's swimsuit look? Nobody asked for either of these look.wonder woman when it came to movies had her skirt back.wanting superman to have the s curl and wanting the trunks,ain't a sin.These character aren't above these designs.if that's the reason for not doing then,that's like being ashamed of the source material .People have other ideas for these things.i can understand that,but not the former.but,i have the liberty to say it isn't for me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don’t understand how is black canary's most recognisable look more bad than let's say wonder woman's swimsuit look? Nobody asked for either of these look.wonder woman when it came to movies had her skirt back.wanting superman to have the s curl and wanting the trunks,ain't a sin.These character aren't above these designs.if that's the reason for not doing then,that's like being ashamed of the source material .People have other ideas for these things.i can understand that,but not the former.but,i have the liberty to say it isn't for me.
    It's a question of injecting a certain amount of realism, for instance, they didn't have Captain America with wings flapping off of his helmet cuz it would look silly instead they had them painted on. It's the same reason Scarlett Witch isn't wearing her iconic outfit...because a person wouldn't actually go into battle like that. It works for Wonder Woman because of her heritage and it is armor and she's fairly indestructible.
    Black Canary does actually wear a version of the swimsuit and fishnet stockings in the movie and she may even fight in it but odds are it won't end up being her "official" costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Again, the 2001 t.v. series is really not something for BoP fans to be proud of. Otherwise, I agree.

Well it certainly doesn't help that the only time people suggest costumes like these is when they're complaining about the ones they do get being "not comic book" enough. I mean, what are the odds that the people who dislike the outfits we are getting would have even suggested the ones you posted if they'd gone with skimpy outfits Dinah and Helena are (in)famous for?

The same thing happened with Anna Diop as Starfire. Suddenly, people cared that a character notorious for dressing like she was working a pole cared so much about modesty. Despite the fact that what Diop wore was a hell lot more dignified than every costume Kory had worn except for this one:

It's strange how you're completely missing the point of pretty much everything you're trying to talk about.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's a question of injecting a certain amount of realism, for instance, they didn't have Captain America with wings flapping off of his helmet cuz it would look silly instead they had them painted on. It's the same reason Scarlett Witch isn't wearing her iconic outfit...because a person wouldn't actually go into battle like that. It works for Wonder Woman because of her heritage and it is armor and she's fairly indestructible.
    Black Canary does actually wear a version of the swimsuit and fishnet stockings in the movie and she may even fight in it but odds are it won't end up being her "official" costume.
    I understand realism. These costumes can be tweeked enough for the audiences. Like I said wonder woman had the skirt look back and they made it more armory. Making it unrecognisable isn't the only way to go for injecting realism.These costumes have a reason. it brings out the individuality of the character. Like in captain america costume's case, things that takes the seriousness away can be discarded when needed and placed back as well. Cap did wear his classic costume in first avenger when he was punching "hitler".

They changed that for serious sequences but the base was that. It wasn't unrecognisable, in-universe cause cap is'nt a guy that thinks badly of what he did. It became part of him as he grew into the icon. Out-universe they wanted to make it work without throwing the whole design away.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-31-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    It's strange how you're completely missing the point of pretty much everything you're trying to talk about.
    I understand the point just fine.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-31-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    At least with Dinah and Helena there's ways of adapting their iconic looks while toning down the skimpiness without resorting to "street clothes."
    The problem with Diop is she had horrible costuming in the first season of Titans.
    Based on everything I've seen, no, she's not retired. She has yet to step up and step into her power because she's heartbroken because she feels Gotham killed her mother, who was a crime fighter.
    So maybe that's changed from the old rumor that she's retired.
    If that's what they were going for with that dress, they should've made the corset black or blue, not yellow.

I wonder if Dinah's mom is a blonde bombshell prone to wearing fishnet stockings during street fight heroics.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I wonder if Dinah's mom is a blonde bombshell prone to wearing fishnet stockings during street fight heroics.
    Hmmn...perhaps

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So maybe that's changed from the old rumor that she's retired.
    IMG_20191230_111245.jpg

I never heard the retired thing but based on this and the things Jurnee has directly said confirming it, yeah, I assume those original rumors were wrong.