Page 915 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4158158659059119129139149159169179189199259651015 ... LastLast
Results 13,711 to 13,725 of 20948
    Ultimate Member

Haha, only manslaughter. As if being a vigilante somehow fixes that

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    People write these plots, they don't just happen this way by chance.
    This applies to every story about Superman and Batman not killing so I don't see why people still act like the precious no killing rule is sacrosanct. Snyder is also doing his own take on Superman and Batman, that excuse applies to him as much ad it does Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Haha, only manslaughter. As if being a vigilante somehow fixes that
    No one says it did and Batman killing isn't depicted as a good thing for the most part.

But what I find particularly funny is how superheroes like Batman can break how many laws and violate how many civil rights with little to no pushback but when lethal force enters the equation, suddenly people remember they are vigilantes.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Dolph Lundgren returns for AQUAMAN: LOST KINGDOM.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/aquama...rn-photo-hair/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Batgirl's directors said in an interview that Barbara will wear a full cowl and not a domino mask and Batman will appear in the movie, but they aren't allowed to reveal yet which Batman will be.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2021/10...ilm-fest-gent/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    So is Bruce not running Wayne Enterprises at all and barely appears in public? I wonder if something happens in the plot that leads him to realize he needs to do more as Bruce Wayne. I think they've talked about Batman being an experiment in tackling crime that hasn't been as successful as Bruce hoped it would be.
    end of spoilers
    I guess Reeves has an arc planned for the main characters, and Bruce (as well as Selina) will evolve both psychologically and "aesthetically" as the trilogy progress.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-15-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This applies to every story about Superman and Batman not killing so I don't see why people still act like the precious no killing rule is sacrosanct. Snyder is also doing his own take on Superman and Batman, that excuse applies to him as much ad it does Nolan.
    Because you're acting like writing Superman and Batman as having no kill rules will inevitably lead to them acting like hypocrites, so Nolan and Snyder's takes are the only possible alternatives. They're not because the only limit to any of this is imagination. People having issues with how Snyder handles the execution of his ideas don't automatically like the bad comics either.

And the comics with the sacrosanct no kill rule are kind of moot, because the general audience that started jumping ship BvS's second week don't read any of those comics.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am glad i am getting too busy and too tired this dogmatic discussion..Snyder movies,no kill rule all the stupid things..
    Anyways,Is there a anything on blackadam?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Batgirl's directors said in an interview that Barbara will wear a full cowl and not a domino mask and Batman will appear in the movie, but they aren't allowed to reveal yet which Batman will be.

I guess that's good news to hear Batman and Batgirl

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Because you're acting like writing Superman and Batman as having no kill rules will inevitably lead to them acting like hypocrites, so Nolan and Snyder's takes are the only possible alternatives. They're not because the only limit to any of this is imagination. People having issues with how Snyder handles the execution of his ideas don't automatically like the bad comics either.

And the comics with the sacrosanct no kill rule are kind of moot, because the general audience that started jumping ship BvS's second week don't read any of those comics.
    Personally I'm not a huge fan of superheroes killing if there's no direct threat to their own lives or others'. When there is such a threat, it becomes a little murky. But I thought Snyder's version of Batman was a little too brutal. Superheroes who are too willing to kill never seem to give much thought to anything more complex than their own immediate feelings

That's weird. They already have JK Simmons as Gordon and not Jeffery Wright's Gordon from 'The Batman'. That should tell us who the Batman of that universe is and they can just recast that role.

Maybe Flashpoint just ends up removing all Snyder directed movies leaving only Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam.

This would allow them to recast Superman and Batman entirely. Thus we would have had 4 live action Batmen (Affleck, Keaton, Pattinson, new guy) in less than 4 years. Bravo DC.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's weird. They already have JK Simmons as Gordon and not Jeffery Wright's Gordon from 'The Batman'. That should tell us who the Batman of that universe is and they can just recast that role.

Maybe Flashpoint just ends up removing all Snyder directed movies leaving only Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam.

This would allow them to recast Superman and Batman entirely. Thus we would have had 4 live action Batmen (Affleck, Keaton, Pattinson, new guy) in less than 4 years. Bravo DC.
    The Batman in Batgirl is likely Keaton. He was set to appear in the movie when he was negotiating to reprise his role.

Yeah it’s going to be Keaton. He and Supergirl get ported over to the main universe and take Affleck and Cavill’s spots.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah it’s going to be Keaton. He and Supergirl get ported over to the main universe and take Affleck and Cavill’s spots.
    I still think Cavill will reprise the SM role, cameo-ing in the Flash and stick around to co-star in the Supergirl movie and stuff like that.

I hope tomorrow's Fandome will clarify his status so we can stop speculating.

I still think Cavill will reprise the SM role, cameo-ing in the Flash and stick around to co-star in the Supergirl movie and stuff like that.

I hope tomorrow's Fandome will clarify his status so we can stop speculating.
    Would be nice to get confirmed one or another. I suppose I could see Cavill doing that in exchange for WB promising if he’s received well/Supergirl does well he can get another shot at a solo. Also can see him exiting entirely like Affleck.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would be nice to get confirmed one or another. I suppose I could see Cavill doing that in exchange for WB promising if he’s received well/Supergirl does well he can get another shot at a solo. Also can see him exiting entirely like Affleck.
    Was there any reliability to the rumors of Cavill wanting a solo at all cost? Except for the Witcher, I see Henry in a lot of supporting roles. It shouldn't be much different for him to play Superman in a similar capacity.

Was there any reliability to the rumors of Cavill wanting a solo at all cost? Except for the Witcher, I see Henry in a lot of supporting roles. It shouldn't be much different for him to play Superman in a similar capacity.
    Everyone else is getting solos. MBJ is getting his own Superman project simply because he wanted one, yet Cavill can’t get anything? Whole pitch that got him on board was he was going to get his own trilogy of Superman movies like Bale Batman. Instead Snyder turned him into a supporting character for Batman and WB wouldn’t give him another solo. Why waste your career cameoing in other peoples movie which is seemingly what WB offered him? There’s no concrete evidence or trade reports saying specifically why talks broke down, but the simplistic answer is Cavill probably wanted money and he wanted another shot at a solo without Snyder. WB didn’t want to pay and they didn’t want to take another chance. Trades explicitly compared the offer to Nick Fury/Hulk which I wouldn’t be satisfied with either, especially when he probably knew they were asking directors for a new Superman.

Personally I don’t care, he’s not an actor I think is great. Want this chapter closed one way or the other instead of constant guessing however.