Page 794 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2946947447847907917927937947957967977988048448941294 ... LastLast
Results 11,896 to 11,910 of 20948

I would be interested in this reboot if we didn’t just get done with Snyder trying to deconstruct Superman and attempting to show “what would happen in the real world if Superman existed?!?”. So tired of Clark being so conflicted about his role and the world fearing him. The fact that Snyder was so heavy handed with it makes me dread the idea of taking that to the next level.

I would actually love to see a movie with a black Superman that is actually just a fun superhero flick that doesn’t try to show a troubled Kal dealing with the “real world”. I just don’t see Coates delivering something like that. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be substance but after 10 years of sad grim Superman, I’m just not looking forward to potentially even more unnecessarily forceful critical analysis of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hey I said they wanted it, not that they were thinking things through on how to get it
    The correct takeaway from BP is that there’s a real hunger for representation, so even if a character isn’t an “A-Lister” in the comics, they can break a billion at the box office on the big screen. Vixen, John Stewart, Steel, Icon, Static, these could all make bank. But WB as always takes the wrong lesson. They want the money but they don’t want to take a risk like Marvel did, so they’re trying to have their cake and eat it too. Least this will still be better than the evil Superman bullcrap Snyder had planned, worst case as I see it is that it’s just boring because Coates is a boring writer.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The article mentioned being influenced by the original Golden Age Superman. I could see the reboot focusing more on the hero standing up for the oppressed against those in power more than the conflicted savior angle the last few movies have pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m not saying there shouldn’t be substance but after 10 years of sad grim Superman, I’m just not looking forward to potentially even more unnecessarily forceful critical analysis of Superman.
    Only 10 years? I'd hardly call Superman Returns a fun and bright Superman...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Am I reading it right? They are really going to make Clark black instead of using Calvin or Val?
    I really don't trust the reporting on this. Most of these reporters don't actually read comics or are familiar with the different characters.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The correct takeaway from BP is that there’s a real hunger for representation, so even if a character isn’t an “A-Lister” in the comics, they can break a billion at the box office on the big screen. Vixen, John Stewart, Steel, Icon, Static, these could all make bank. But WB as always takes the wrong lesson. They want the money but they don’t want to take a risk like Marvel did, so they’re trying to have their cake and eat it too. Least this will still be better than the evil Superman bullcrap Snyder had planned, worst case as I see it is that it’s just boring because Coates is a boring writer.
    The director they hire might be a make or break thing for me since I don’t like the creative team they have so far. Its to my understanding Coates BP run sucked, and I just don’t like J.J Abrams being involved in any fashion given his track record. I think the names being floated around like Shaka King could help raise my expectations for the project.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-05-2021 at 12:13 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The article mentioned being influenced by the original Golden Age Superman. I could see the reboot focusing more on the hero standing up for the oppressed against those in power more than the conflicted savior angle the last few movies have pushed.
    Hopefully no Jesus shots then. Been reading a bunch of takes that lean into that Golden Age mindset, and they’re all good. Still hoping to see an adaption of Morrison Action one day in some form.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

In my reading of Coates I wouldn't expect a fun, upbeat, Superman but a very self-conscious and introspective Superman reeling with his place as both an alien and a black man in a racially sensitive Metropolis while the women (probably a black Lois) driving the story.

Granted, I guess that depends on how much of the movie ends up being Coates or how much of it ends up being the director/what WB want.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In my reading of Coates I wouldn't expect a fun, upbeat, Superman but a very self-conscious and introspective Superman reeling with his place as both an alien and a black man in a racially sensitive Metropolis while the women (probably a black Lois) driving the story.

Granted, I guess that depends on how much of the movie ends up being Coates or how much of it ends up being the director/what WB want.
    Wow...I really just can't be allowed a good Superman movie in my lifetime, can I?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Wow...I really just can't be allowed a good Superman movie in my lifetime, can I?
    No, it is written in constitution - as long as Vakanai lives only **** Superman movies to be released.

We're never going to get a Superman film that pleases everyone, it just isn't going to happen.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member

​Well there is a kal-el who is black from earth-d,and that happen in comics before val-zod and the other black supermen.
    Kal-El (Earth-D) | DC Database | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Superman is the greatest hero on Earth-D. With his wife, Supergirl, he is a leading member of the Justice Alliance of America.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kal-El_(Earth-D)

Maybe they are talking about kalel(calvin ellis) and not kal-el(clark kent).
    The one michael b. jordan said he wanted play was calvin ellis but alot folks don't realize that it is still not clark kent but their kryptonian names are the same but written differently.

That could be the confusion.

Kalel (Earth 23)
    President Superman

Kalel is the Superman of Earth 23. In his civilian identity, he is Calvin Ellis, President of the United States of America.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kalel_(Earth_23)

Student Of The Game Podcast Tavares E quote-
    Calvin Ellis name is Kalel. Clark Kent is Kal-El. I think the author of the article probably assumed that both names are written the same.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-05-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    We're never going to get a Superman film that pleases everyone, it just isn't going to happen.
    I'd settle for one that's just not as divisive as the last two (and the next one probably will).

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    ​Well there is a kal-el who is black from earth-d,and that happen in comics before val-zod and the other black supermen.
    Kal-El (Earth-D) | DC Database | FANDOM powered by Wikia

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kal-El_(Earth-D)

Maybe they are talking about kalel(calvin ellis) and not kal-el(clark kent).
    The one michael b. jordan said he wanted play was calvin ellis but alot folks don't realize that it is still not clark kent but their kryptonian names are the same but written differently.

That could be the confusion.

Kalel (Earth 23)
    President Superman

Kalel is the Superman of Earth 23. In his civilian identity, he is Calvin Ellis, President of the United States of America.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kalel_(Earth_23)

Student Of The Game Podcast Tavares E quote-
    That this is likely to be a period piece according to THR it feels less likely. I'm positive that it's going to be Clark Kent - and that makes me feel a little negative (a little and not a lot because I've kind of already written this off).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They'll also have to figure out what each character represents, how it would appeal to people and which creative teams would be the right fit for each character. That goes for every single character they own the rights to.

I've seen discussions in other groups where the posters talk about how DC's black heroes are too derivative while Marvel has Black Panther (King of an uncolonized nation) and Luke Cage (bullet proof black man).