Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think something like Peacemaker is good but feels out-of-sorts with everything else. Like I didn't really like how they ended up using the JL. And it's weird for something so adult-leaning to be in the same universe as such an adult series.

I'd be perfectly fine with everything being fairly standalone at this point because the shared universe stuff feels like such a mess and not really ideal. Even if The Flash movie ends up being good Batman, Supergirl, Zod, and a continuity reboot had no business being in it.
    Eh, I don't really care about all of that. Feels out of sorts is a far distant second to very good and awesome show. And I loved the JL gag at the end, it was a good joke.

That said I do agree on being fine with everything being standalone too, but then that has always been my stance. Seriously, the posts disappeared when the forum rebooted, but I was like the only one arguing against DC going the shared universe route back in the lead up to Man of Steel. I've never needed a cinematic universe and getting everything connected. I imagine all the better films we could have happened. But eh, no point in crying over spilled universes. I like what we've got ever since Birds of Prey, even Wonder Woman 84 (I really thought it was pretty good).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I don't really care about all of that. Feels out of sorts is a far distant second to very good and awesome show. And I loved the JL gag at the end, it was a good joke.

That said I do agree on being fine with everything being standalone too, but then that has always been my stance. Seriously, the posts disappeared when the forum rebooted, but I was like the only one arguing against DC going the shared universe route back in the lead up to Man of Steel. I've never needed a cinematic universe and getting everything connected. I imagine all the better films we could have happened. But eh, no point in crying over spilled universes. I like what we've got ever since Birds of Prey, even Wonder Woman 84 (I really thought it was pretty good).
    I enjoy it on a standalone level and connected to Gunn's SS. I didn't enjoy the League looking useless or Millers' Barry jokes, but that's just my personal taste.

With DC, I think it's been proven that they can pull off standalones and a shared universe with the right execution. At the end of the day it all comes down to intentions and execution.

I enjoy it on a standalone level and connected to Gunn's SS. I didn't enjoy the League looking useless or Millers' Barry jokes, but that's just my personal taste.

With DC, I think it's been proven that they can pull off standalones and a shared universe with the right execution. At the end of the day it all comes down to intentions and execution.
    Fair enough. But I'm really enjoying what they are doing now. I have The Batman, I have a shared Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad universe. If they could just deliver on Superman, shared universe or standalone, all would be great on my end.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Are we going to get a #ReleaseTheMeraCut movement too?

As for “Aquaman 2,” Heard said that she was “given a script, and then given new versions of the script that had taken away scenes that had action in it, that depicted my character and another character … without giving any spoilers away … they basically took a bunch out of my role. They … they just removed a bunch.”

https://theblast.com/238379/amber-he...day-afternoon/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

As for “Aquaman 2,” Heard said that she was “given a script, and then given new versions of the script that had taken away scenes that had action in it, that depicted my character and another character … without giving any spoilers away … they basically took a bunch out of my role. They … they just removed a bunch.”

Isn't a WB exec set to testify against her too...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

This movie censorship needs to stop. I get it, they are strictly thinking of profits here, but the films will inevitably be ruined. I think we can condemn terrible behavior and not have to sacrifice any parts of the art. Comittee/focus group movies are my least favorite kind of movie.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Not sure if this is relevant but someone is now accusing Ezra Miller of stealing their music:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...m_term=3673328

Sounds like Miller made threats. If WB thinks this is going away before the Flash movie comes out, they might be disappointed.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Not sure if this is relevant but someone is now accusing Ezra Miller of stealing their music:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...m_term=3673328

Sounds like Miller made threats. If WB thinks this is going away before the Flash movie comes out, they might be disappointed.
    “You notice how your movie just can’t escape bad press? It was me Barry. I impersonated Ezra Miller in Hawaii and stole an artists music so that your movie would be overshadowed by controversy and then bomb!”
    819D42A8-43CE-45D2-84B9-350CB3E825E6.jpg
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 05-16-2022 at 03:46 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

This really does feel like a Professor Zoom plot doesn't it?

"It was me Barry! I did it! I kept sabotaging your movie so that it never gets released!"

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Isn't a WB exec set to testify against her too...
    There's nothing for them to testify against her for. They already said they wanted to get rid of her because of "chemistry" issues.

Sucks for Mera fans...

Sucks for Mera fans...
    Real shame too because Mera was on her way to being one of the most prominent DC heroines before Heard’s dirty laundry started getting aired.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Real shame too because Mera was on her way to being one of the most prominent DC heroines before Heard’s dirty laundry started getting aired.
    It’s just a shame all around. Flash was meant to be a reset for the DCEU but now we have Ezra Miller out here always acting a damn fool. Then we have Aquaman being DC’s highest grossing film after spending years as the butt of every joke after super friends, and DC fails to capitalize on the ip outside of a cartoon on HBO max that hardly got any publicity and now Mera’s actress is embroiled in controversy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

In many cases, the people discussing this trial don't know as much as they think they do. There is a lot that gets ignored or brushed over.

As for Mera, if DC/WB chooses to downplay her it will be their fault not Heard's. They didn't cancel WW's comic because of Gal Gadot's comments and they didn't drop Batman because of Affleck's alcohol issues and his past moments of sexual impropriety.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    This movie censorship needs to stop. I get it, they are strictly thinking of profits here, but the films will inevitably be ruined. I think we can condemn terrible behavior and not have to sacrifice any parts of the art. Comittee/focus group movies are my least favorite kind of movie.
    Yes, they’re definitely thinking about profits. Regardless of what people think of the evidence in the trial, Amber Heard is currently one of the most disliked celebrities around. Having her in the cast will definitely dissuade casual fans from watching the movie.

Jason Momoa’s charisma and audience appeal is going to be put to the test with this one.