Page 852 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3527528028428488498508518528538548558568629029521352 ... LastLast
Results 12,766 to 12,780 of 20948

THR did an interview with Goyer where they repeated that they’ve heard rumors about MoS2: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ew-1234983774/
    Henry Cavill and others have advocated for a direct sequel to Man of Steel. I’ve heard rumors a sequel may be in the works with Cavill on board (Warner Bros. says none is in development). Does it feel like there is still unfinished business with that story?

I think so. I’m not involved in it right now. I’ve heard the same rumors you’ve heard, but I’m not plugged into it. I’ve stepped away almost entirely from comic book-related projects other than Sandman, which I don’t really categorize as part of the normal DC universe. And I’m doing a Batman podcast. I’ve actually done so many adaptations of comics that I needed a break. I didn’t want to get into a rut. That’s why I’m doing Foundation and some other films, like The Night House and Antlers (which are being released by Searchlight).
    Frankly I still expect nothing to come of it, and I’d rather get a fresh reboot with the “classic” Superman over yet another attempt to salvage Snyder’s mess. But I guess WB might be keeping this on the back burner if the Flash and Coates reboot both flop. It wouldn’t be coming until after Coates take anyway even if it were to happen, they won’t risk overshadowing that new take with Cavill.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    He never even got a chance to do a proper Superman movie.

God, he's perfect as Supes but alas we cannot have nice things
    Thanks, Zack Snyder.

Astonishing Member

Considering Goyer backed up some of the less flattering rumours re other shows, Snyder was perhaps not the primary problem (while still being a problem)

I just despise that Snyder and Geoff Johns abused their posts and made it about them instead of honouring the IP.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Considering Goyer backed up some of the less flattering rumours re other shows, Snyder was perhaps not the primary problem (while still being a problem)
    Was Johns even involved with MOS or BVS?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Was Johns even involved with MOS or BVS?
    IMDB has Johns listed as an executive producer for BvS, but not for Man of Steel.

Though frankly, I don't know what that implies, if anything.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Yeah unless he wrote the script I have a hard time believing he was the “primary problem” for anything before Justice League. His own fucked up behavior has come to light but it doesn’t sound like he had very much influence on how either of the first 2 Snyder movies turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    He never even got a chance to do a proper Superman movie.

God, he's perfect as Supes but alas we cannot have nice things
    Eh, I never cared for him and am great with just moving on.

On perhaps a controversial note, while I would love to see Cavill reprise his role as Superman in a future movie without Zack Snyder's involvement, I also love him in the films with Snyder at the helm, and would love to see him in more Zack Snyder Superman movies too.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    IMDB has Johns listed as an executive producer for BvS, but not for Man of Steel.

Though frankly, I don't know what that implies, if anything.
    It could be because they got the ball rolling on MoS before Johns got his big promotion to CCO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Frankly I still expect nothing to come of it, and I’d rather get a fresh reboot with the “classic” Superman over yet another attempt to salvage Snyder’s mess. But I guess WB might be keeping this on the back burner if the Flash and Coates reboot both flop. It wouldn’t be coming until after Coates take anyway even if it were to happen, they won’t risk overshadowing that new take with Cavill.
    Just give Tyler Hoechlin's Superman the big budget adaptation he deserves. Have him fight Brainiac or Mongul on screen.

Or give a tertiary character like Supergirl, Steel, Val Zod or Calvin Ellis a movie and then introduce the classic Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Just give Tyler Hoechlin's Superman the big budget adaptation he deserves. Have him fight Brainiac or Mongul on screen.

Or give a tertiary character like Supergirl, Steel, Val Zod or Calvin Ellis a movie and then introduce the classic Superman.
    Would love to see a Steel movie, Wole does a great job in the role on S&L. Doubt it will ever happen though alas.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Please don't. I think he works fine for television, but Hoechlin's just not someone I'm interested in seeing playing Superman on the big screen.

Hoechlin's a stellar Superman and I'm happy he's getting to do the role in TV when WB keep dragging or kicking their feet in the movies.

Having seen the storyboards for the planned 5 film arc, I can safely say I'm losing zero sleep over the prospect of Snyder not getting to make more Superman movies. It's clear he vibes way more with Batman.

I just wish Henry had gotten another chance with a different writer and director.