Page 855 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3557558058458518528538548558568578588598659059551355 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,825 of 20948
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    God, no. Not a Val Zod movie. You just know that it will be Power Girl's first appearance in live action, and it will be as helpless arm candy for him. Even though it was more the other way around in the actual terrible comic book.
    Says limited series and why would Power Girl be him arm candy? Lol

Also who says Power Girl would even be in this?

I hope Power Girl isn’t in it. Last thing Val Zod needs is the whole “White woman vs Black woman love interest” debate

So on HBO Max we have Green Lantern Corps starring Jessica and Simon, Superman with Val Zod, Afrolatina Batgirl, Blue Beetle and Static Shock… I’m sensing a pattern here. What other POC character will get put on HBO? I hope they all have big budgets and look theatrical at least

I'd be okay with Power Girl being in it in like a season 2 or 3 after she's already starred in her own series or film. Power Girl kind of deserves to premiere in her own thing. But after she's established separately and proven to stand on her own a series crossover love affair would be cool.

I think the fear is that in the comic Power Girl ended up being reduced down to mostly his love interest when she was the bigger legacy character. So she got passed over and I understand her fans not liking that and don't want her to be stuck in that role again, since it was kind of bad, but who knows what the series will be about. I think there is a chance for her to be in the series because she is the only love interest his character had and they were apparently childhood friends or something in that Earth 2 series? Been a while since I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    So on HBO Max we have Green Lantern Corps starring Jessica and Simon, Superman with Val Zod, Afrolatina Batgirl, Blue Beetle and Static Shock… I’m sensing a pattern here. What other POC character will get put on HBO? I hope they all have big budgets and look theatrical at least
    Isn't the John Cena Peacekeeper series also going to HBO Max? I think it is less about PoC characters/actors and more that WB wants to flood the HBO Max platform with as much content as possible to get more subscribers on it, and content with PoC leads are the trendy thing right now. Like the Batgirl movie was going to be on HBO Max before they even announced who they were looking at to cast.

Marvel is doing it, too with D+.
    Besides, what's wrong with HBO?

If Power Girl was going to show up anywhere, wouldn't it be in Stargirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not if the films/HBO Max stuff has plans for her. The hierarchy seems to be films > Max > CW. So Stargirl is at the bottom when it comes to what characters they can use.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Marvel is doing it, too with D+.
    Besides, what's wrong with HBO?
    Oh, to live in such a time as to be flooded with choices for live-action superhero content! From the only two TV superhero choices being Wonder Woman or the Hulk to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Michael B. Jordan Developing His Own Black Superman Project for HBO Max

Michael B. Jordan and his production company Outlier Society are developing their own Black Superman project for HBO Max that centers on the Val-Zod incarnation of the character, Collider has exclusively learned.

Sources say that Outlier Society has hired a writer who is currently working on the script, though we were unable to ascertain their identity. It's unclear whether the Val-Zod project will be a movie or a limited series, but either way, Jordan will produce and he may even star, though he has yet to officially commit on the latter front.

Full article: https://collider.com/michael-b-jorda...l-zod-hbo-max/
    Now this is way more exciting to me than whatever Coates/Abrams are cooking. I hope Michael B also stars in it. Him playing a true blue superhero in a good production is way over due.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I mostly agree but I like Calvin Ellis a lot better than Val Zod.
    I like both but I lean more towards Val. Calvin is the bigger power fantasy (he's Superman AND the President) but Val has the potential for a more compelling narrative arc especially if you focus on him being agorophobic and having to struggle with that while embracing his gifts (I could do without the pacifist angle).

God, no. Not a Val Zod movie. You just know that it will be Power Girl's first appearance in live action, and it will be as helpless arm candy for him. Even though it was more the other way around in the actual terrible comic book.
    There is no guarantee that a Val Zod project will include PG in it and that she would be reduced to being a love interest/arm candy for him.

Anyway, with Michael B working on his Val Zod project and Coates/Abrams on their black Clark Kent project and assuming WB/DC goes through with both projects, we are heading for a potential show down between race bending vs using original established characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the legacy/high school aspect they might use Tanya instead, especially since Atom Smasher isn’t available

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Also who says Power Girl would even be in this?
    Because THEY made her an integral part of his story. Which I'm sure the movie guys have read.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    With the legacy/high school aspect they might use Tanya instead, especially since Atom Smasher isn’t available
    What, that old movie vs TV thing they still seem to be obsessed with, even though it makes no sense? Frankly, unless they're willing to commit to a massive undertaking like the MCU, where individual characters appeared through multiple movies, they'd be better served from a character development point of view simply going for TV. Which they do seem to be doing with their streaming stuff now that the Arrowverse is pretty much on its way out. Which is fine with me, it had gotten tired, and a series without quite so many limitations of the sort imposed by broadcast TV. Though I have only marginally more faith in WB's TV properties.

Spears is not a good fit for the JSA, even the junior version of the show. Power Girl in general wouldn't work in much beyond a single episode appearance, as she's way to OP for that group. That said, I suppose you could have her in a one off where she returns to help Pat or something. But it just doesn't seem worth it to me, much as I'd love to see a live action PG. For the show, that is. Unless they come up with a really good reason for her to be there beyond that the writers wrote themselves into a corner and need a convenient deus ex machina. Though to be fair to the Stargirl writers, they actually seem to be quite good, better than the typical writing staff for the Arrowverse, and they haven't engaged in that sort of thing yet.

Because THEY made her an integral part of his story. Which I'm sure the movie guys have read.
    How often have any of these movies stuck strictly to the comics and not taken massive liberties at least somewhere? It seems like getting preemptively mad about something that hasn’t even been confirmed to happen.