Page 781 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2816817317717777787797807817827837847857918318811281 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,715 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    We also probably shouldn't have to fanwank a reason for why he left it there.
    Its not like we need everything spelled out.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Vostok of The Others?
    How did you arrive at this conclusion

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    He did not had a long standing feud with Lex. At the point he only knew what the rest of the public knew so there was nothing to suspect. It was never elaborated on that he did not helped. It is very likely he did partially based on the pro/contra discussion round clip which shows him helping all around the world (ppl on a rooftop in a flood, Space-shuttle crash, dragging a ship out of the ice, etc).

We probably should not have to hatewank a reason for why he did not helped
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Its not like we need everything spelled out.
    Him not having a long standing feud with Lex hardly matters because he doesn't know what can be made from this ship any more than anyone else. And a psychopath got access to it and made a monster that endangered everyone and killed him.

Its not like this is a complicated thing that would take a lot of spelling out. This is just basic character touches that don't even need dialogue to display. There is not spelling things out and then there is expecting the audience to do the work for you.

Him not having a long standing feud with Lex hardly matters because he doesn't know what can be made from this ship any more than anyone else. And a psychopath got access to it and made a monster that endangered everyone and killed him.

Its not like this is a complicated thing that would take a lot of spelling out. This is just basic character touches that don't even need dialogue to display. There is not spelling things out and then there is expecting the audience to do the work for you.
    I think the alien taking the alien ship that almost destroyed a city would've sent the wrong message to the US government - he was wise to leave well enough alone there.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think the alien taking the alien ship that almost destroyed a city would've sent the wrong message to the US government - he was wise to leave well enough alone there.
    Best course of action would have been to throw it into the sun. And be upfront about the reason why.

Regardless of the message it may or may not have sent, leaving it in the middle of the city for the US government to do God knows what with when said technology (that they know nothing about) nearly destroyed the planet in the last film seriously seems like tempting fate. And leaving it for them lead to a clear psycho like Lex getting access.

Best course of action would have been to throw it into the sun. And be upfront about the reason why.

Regardless of the message it may or may not have sent, leaving it in the middle of the city for the US government to do God knows what with when said technology (that they know nothing about) nearly destroyed the planet in the last film seriously seems like tempting fate. And leaving it for them lead to a clear psycho like Lex getting access.
    "Humans are not meant to have this technology, so say I, the Alien God!"

Disagree. For a more realistic and grounded take, an action like that would rightly have most of humanity hating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    "Humans are not meant to have this technology, so say I, the Alien God!"

Disagree. For a more realistic and grounded take, an action like that would rightly have most of humanity hating him.
    Uh why? The military would be angry at him but I don’t see your average civilian “hating” him at all. It’s much more believable that they’d hate him for the destruction said tech caused than that they’d hate him because he cleaned up their cities and got rid of tech that took peoples lives. And he already destroyed their drone and told them he won’t do their bidding, so he’s already quite willing to give them the finger when he feels like it.

Also the easiest way to understand Cavill Superman’s choices is just to view everything he does through the lens of him being a moron. He’s just an idiot who is way in over his head, that’s Snyder’s take on the character.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-17-2021 at 11:06 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Snyder did a lengthy livestream as part of the JusticeCon event for suicide charity. He talks about the original plan for Green Lantern and reveals the actor he cast, Wayne T. Carr. He talks about how he'd like to come back to do the two sequels, but also says that the #RestoreTheSnyderverse movement will most likely result in nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Uh why? The military would be angry at him but I don’t see your average civilian “hating” him at all. It’s much more believable that they’d hate him for the destruction said tech caused than that they’d hate him because he cleaned up their cities and got rid of tech that took peoples lives. And he already destroyed their drone and told them he won’t do their bidding, so he’s already quite willing to give them the finger when he feels like it.

Also the easiest way to understand Cavill Superman’s choices is just to view everything he does through the lens of him being a moron. He’s just an idiot who is way in over his head, that’s Snyder’s take on the character.
    Because such tech when reverse engineered wouldn't just be "that junk that nearly killed us." We'd be talking about technology that could revolutionize all aspects of technology. Transportation, robotics, advancements in medical technology, communications technology, advances in construction material technology, the list goes on and on. Basically, it's be like saying "You can't profit or benefit off this alien technology stupid humans. You only get to experience the destruction it can cause, none of the wonders." Sure we know it was only ever going to lead to something horrible like Doomsday, but in universe it'd hold such amazing promise for all mankind, denied to us by one godlike being who gets to decide what he thinks is best for us.
    I'm just saying, as much as you may think Snyder's take on Superman is that he's a moron, having him do that would've just helped that narrative.

On second thought I don’t care.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-17-2021 at 11:50 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

On second thought I don’t care.
    Can't blame you. Not sure anything about that movie is really worth either or our time arguing about come to think of it. However we disagree on the small details, that movie just did Clark dirty...

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Snyder did a lengthy livestream as part of the JusticeCon event for suicide charity. He talks about the original plan for Green Lantern and reveals the actor he cast, Wayne T. Carr. He talks about how he'd like to come back to do the two sequels, but also says that the #RestoreTheSnyderverse movement will most likely result in nothing.
    Interesting...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It's not titled Flashpoint anymore. They are saving it for a sequel.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-19-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's not titled Flashpoint anymore.
    Expected, it really isn’t a Flashpoint movie. I honestly hope Thawne isn’t in this, they should save him for a movie where he can be the focus.