Page 623 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1235235736136196206216226236246256266276336737231123 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ‘Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Set at HBO Max: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/sui...ax-1234780589/

Talk about getting a push after spending decades being most notable for being the inspiration for The Comedian.

So...spoilers? I guess he lives then unless its a prequel?
    Last edited by Pinsir; 09-23-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Talk about getting a push after spending decades being most notable for being the inspiration for The Comedian.
    That's interesting, what's the history of this character? Any notable runs/appearances?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    That's interesting, what's the history of this character? Any notable runs/appearances?
    Not much if I recall. Think he mainly pops up whenever the other Charleton characters around or the Blue Beetle series from the late-00s.

And I guess coming full circle in Multiversity when Morrison did a pastiche of Watchmen in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So...spoilers? I guess he lives then unless its a prequel?
    It could be a prequel. Disney+ is doing a series about Cassian Andor and K2, so a character having died in a movie shouldn’t stop them from having a show about their earlier adventures.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

zack snyder planning new justice league shoot by Hollywood reporter
    I don't know if i should post this here. But, i can't find the zack snyder thread. I would remove this comment if it isn't what people want.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-23-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The character is pretty bonkers. I don't know about his Charlton days, but his DC backstory is awesome. His dad was Nazi who ran concentration camp and blew his brains out in front of him when he was a child. Now. he talks to the ghost of his dead dad, who is still decked out in full Nazi regalia.

I have no idea if the John Cena version is going to go this nuts...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The character is pretty bonkers. I don't know about his Charlton days, but his DC backstory is awesome. His dad was Nazi who ran concentration camp and blew his brains out in front of him when he was a child. Now. he talks to the ghost of his dead dad, who is still decked out in full Nazi regalia.

Also the fact that his dad was a Nazi basically gave him a seriously messed up complex where he is so dedicated to peace that he will use violence to advance his quest for it. And he’s crazy and thinks all the men he’s killed are talking to him as ghosts in his helmet

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty entertaining character.

WB is genuinely stupid if they don't get Henry Cavil on a new Superman movie ASAP! His career has really taken off and he wants to play the character.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Also the fact that his dad was a Nazi basically gave him a seriously messed up complex where he is so dedicated to peace that he will use violence to advance his quest for it. And he’s crazy and thinks all the men he’s killed are talking to him as ghosts in his helmet
    Man, no wonder Gunn picked this guy .

She says Geoff Johns is basically done in Hollywood.. What's her agenda? Is he really finished? I thought he was still involved in movies like Shazam, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Also the Stargirl and Doom Patrol shows. But she says everybody hates him and calls him a sociopath.. I mean, Patty Jenkins recently said she loves working with him.

I just don't believe all she says and she always gets very personal with actors and people working in these movies and shows. I think time will tell if Johns is really done in the business. She's acting like Snyder and Fisher did nothing wrong. Hello, BvS didn't live up to the hype and underperformed.

Can we please stop posting Grace here like she’s some kind of insider? Cathy Yan literally called her out as a liar and I’m positive Gunn did too.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can we please stop posting Grace here like she’s some kind of insider? Cathy Yan literally called her out as a liar and I’m positive Gunn did too.
    Exactly. She's a parasite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    WB is genuinely stupid if they don't get Henry Cavil on a new Superman movie ASAP! His career has really taken off and he wants to play the character.
    Has it really taken off? I don't know how well Witcher has done, but I don't hear about it like I do other shows. I say keep him for the DCEU stuff, but any solo movies should go to a new guy ala The Batman.