Page 766 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2666667167567627637647657667677687697707768168661266 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,490 of 20948
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    April fool's?
    It's the HollywoodReporter not a random blog.

That really sucks! So I guess Mr. Miracle and Barda will never get their big break. I wonder what happened. Ava seemed so excited about the project.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That really sucks! So I guess Mr. Miracle and Barda will never get their big break. I wonder what happened. Ava seemed so excited about the project.
    Who say’s they can’t appear in movies outside a New Gods flick?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder what happened.
    "New Gods, which would have been a sprawling tale, was complicated by the fact that its villain, Darkseid, just appeared as a major foil in Zack Snyder's Justice League and there was a desire to have space between the latter and any new appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "New Gods, which would have been a sprawling tale, was complicated by the fact that its villain, Darkseid, just appeared as a major foil in Zack Snyder's Justice League and there was a desire to have space between the latter and any new appearances."
    Four years went by between the original JL and the SC. More likely explanation is WB wasn’t happy with Ava and King’s script and are just using the SC as an excuse.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Four years went by between the original JL and the SC. More likely explanation is WB wasn’t happy with Ava and King’s script and are just using the SC as an excuse.
    Yeah, this could be another factor too.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

You could fill a graveyard with all the dead DC films that never got off the ground despite being announced. Makes me wonder if that Superman reboot will happen either, I’d just as soon let Superman set on the shelf for a decade than trust Abrams and Coates to do a good job.
    Which is why I don’t get excited about any announced DC project anymore until it starts filming.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I mean they’re literally releasing two movies next year with two different versions of Batman and they’re telling me they can’t make a movie because it releases so close after one version of a one character already made his appearance.

Oh please.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

From Deadline:

“I hear The Trench is shelved due to Wan’s busy schedule with Aquaman 2, while New Gods, originally created by Jack Kirby, was stopped as the parameters of that project far exceeded a feature standalone structure.”

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

The Trench probably got the chop because odds are it was Johns idea, and WB probably didn’t feel like giving him more EP credits/royalties after the rolling dumpster fire of a PR disaster he caused with JL

And it is ridiculous excuse. We saw Darkseid for few minutes, there is no fatigue, if anything there are now more people who want to see him.

And I'm sure that some smart individuals are now going to blame Snyder for New Gods getting cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The Trench probably got the chop because odds are it was Johns idea, and WB probably didn’t feel like giving him more EP credits/royalties after the rolling dumpster fire of a PR disaster he caused with JL
    You know Johns is still EP on Stargirl, S&L, and the HBO MAX GL show right?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I can't say I'm surprised, both of these ideas sounded too niche to really succeed. New Gods probably had more potential but was still too comicbooky I thought

So as I suspected, Granny and the Furies were playing prominent roles in the film and the central plot would probably have been Scott and Barda growing up (and falling in love) under GG's torture.

Bummer. That would have made a poignant film.