Page 815 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3157157658058118128138148158168178188198258659151315 ... LastLast
Results 12,211 to 12,225 of 20948
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    The Harley Animated Show debuted before Birds of Prey. Regardless of what people think of Suicide Squad, it was a commercial success. $750 million without China. Guardians of the Galaxy, which everyone loves to compare it to, earned $772 million with China. The film was a success. The costuming and merchandising sales of Harley Quinn also disagree that she is not a popular character.

Aquaman is getting a big-budget sequel with a highly desirable release date and a small animated series. Wonder Woman already had a sequel, a third approved, and is the face of the highly popular DC Super Hero Girls franchise. I'm not seeing the supposed "anger" at these properties' success.
    Suicide Squad was commercially successful, but it was a horrible movie. People came to watch something good and left the theatre disappointed. It left a bad taste in audience's mouths.

Incredible Member

Jason Kilar is negotiating his exit from WarnerMedia

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/17/b...?smid=tw-share

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Jason Kilar is negotiating his exit from WarnerMedia

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/17/b...?smid=tw-share
    Looks like the purges have already begun. F***. DC can’t survive another round of layoffs frankly. And the Snyder Cult has already switched to the Discovery CEO as their new savior lmao.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Companies bleeding DC/Warner dry...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like the purges have already begun. F***. DC can’t survive another round of layoffs frankly. And the Snyder Cult has already switched to the Discovery CEO as their new savior lmao.
    I’m very concerned for what it means for DC comics.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    every time a movie does well it somehow must correlate to a huge mega push for that character. Comics are the smallest medium out of all DC entertainment properties and movies are the highest
    So a movie doing well does mean something
    Same argument for Wonder Woman
    Aquaman is being used
    He is in video games(Injustice, etc)
    He is in TV shows (Young Justice, upcoming animated mini, Justice League animated movies)
    Somehow because Harley Quinn got an animated series that seems to have broke the brains of some people on the internet and now that along with a tv show seems to be the new goalpost for a push. In a way its disrespectful because the notion is that these unpopular smaller tier characters like stargirl or black lightning are getting content that much larger characters have right to. Its a bad mentality imo

I'm pretty sure this is a terrible argument though
    Look at the animated series Aquaman is getting it looks terrible and you can tell they made it on the cheap. Look at how bad Batwoman is currently

If you want garbage media for your favorite character because you feel its due to them no problem just say that, I do have to laugh though because Aquaman doesn't have a comic book right now and with the coming layoffs and restructuring to prioritize streaming over everything else it seems unlikely to see another until its closer to Aquaman 2
    Nobody is complaining that stargirl or any other characters are getting space, on the contrary that should be the case, giving space to lesser known characters.

But honestly saying that Aquaman is being used by DC is far fetched, making him a Nazi sympathizer as in the latest animation has pissed Aquafans and certainly not a manner of exploiting movie success. Just as having him as a wallpaper in justice league apokolips war, in which he doesn't even say a word. Is that making use of him?

Aquaman this year is celebrating his 80th anniversary and what he gets till now? NOTHING. Maybe in the fall we will get something. Aquaman is not getting an ongoing. but books with similar sales to his, got one. The official reason given was that they are looking at the best take. I agree that having a book for the sake of having one is not ideal, but for heavens sake does it take nearly a year to decide? No excuses please of layoffs they are working on other books but not Aquaman its seems.
    BTW sparing some of your best talent on minor characters and promoting those characters can't do bad, it can help DC not over rely on the usual characters to stay afloat, and yes the impression that some are not pleased that certain characters can do well is not entirely wrong.

John's New52 Aquaman was doing extremely well, one would be inclined to think that DC was glad that a character that never delivered, was finally doing so. Instead they removed Johns. Johns was ready to write Aquaman for 100issues but he was taken off the book by Didio, and the abrupt end of his run shows a higher input ended that.

Aquaman merchandise before the movie was lacking and after the movie it is still lacking. No effort has been done to correct that.

Exploiting a success brought by movies does not mean having a Tv Show, I understand also that an Aquaman one would not be an easy one to make, taking in account that it must mainly be an underwater scenario, to create those effects require time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Something is definitly wrong with DC.
    Since the new 52 Aquaman has become so popular, but DC doesnt seem to want that...same with a few other things.
    I mean i love Batman, but shoving him in the spotlight with everything instead of giving Aquaman or Wonder Woman more attention considering their BO success...is strange.

Okay Aquaman came to fortnite before Batman...but i dont think that is anything to boast about.
    Its just the only big thing i remember.
    New 52 Aquaman was probably the best ever in terms of critical success and sales. It was DC itself that brought to an end that Aquaman run. Keep in mind that people at DC told Johns and Reis that it was a waste of time. Probably envious that they had been proven wrong, they had Johns taken of.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 05-17-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’m very concerned for what it means for DC comics.
    Probably about what it meant under AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don't think that this case means much, I saw in initial articles speculations that Kilar would probably leave since his job would be taken by Discovery CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Probably about what it meant under AT&T.
    Which so far hasn't been too stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    An actual entertainment company handling entertainment? Should be good for the fans.
    I mean, the shake ups as people get fired and replaced with new people could cause a rough patch when the books are already struggling.
    And the videogame division is getting split up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which so far hasn't been too stellar.
    Other than tightening the belt as far as non-marquee books go (which is unfortunate) I honestly haven't noticed an appreciable difference.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, if you're a DC fan, basically nothing is going to change. This is just another corporate merger to create an even larger company with more IPs. AT&T is still going to own the majority share of DC Comics or rather the company that runs it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    what a bunch of crap

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    It’s good news for the HBO Max shows and content (DC, Wizarding World, Game of Thrones...etc) since it’s confirmed they’ll be spending 20 billion a year on streaming (they were previously spending 4 billion a year). Expect way more DCEU/DC shows to be announced (live action and animated)
    This is good. Hope it's not all part of the same shared universes - I'd love to have 3 or 4 different Superman shows or cartoons or movies with different takes on the character. I'm not a fan of the direction they decided on for Superman and Lois and would like some content free from that family drama teen son angst stuff.