Page 921 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 4218218719119179189199209219229239249259319711021 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,815 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    true, for the record I am not dissing the legacies of Burtan's Batman or the Sopranos for that matter. Both are still beloved properties that contributed a lot to their respective genres. But are they really hot commodities right now?
    Keaton has new fans because of being Vulture in MCU Spider-Man, so there may be some younger people who are interested. But honestly I suspect WB doesn’t care if Flash bombs, it’s job is to do continuity clean up and establish the Multiverse so they can move on from Snyder. Flopping will mean they dump Ezra but Keaton can still be used to prop up other peoples movies like Batgirl. That is what they’re really interested in.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Keaton has new fans because of being Vulture in MCU Spider-Man, so there may be some younger people who are interested. But honestly I suspect WB doesn’t care if Flash bombs, it’s job is to do continuity clean up and establish the Multiverse so they can move on from Snyder. Flopping will mean they dump Ezra but Keaton can still be used to prop up other peoples movies like Batgirl. That is what they’re really interested in.
    I'm pretty sure the people in charge are more concerned about losing money than anything else, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh they care.

1. If it flops its another mark against their films that already have a hard time being on par w/Marvel (it is a competition regardless)
    2. They aren't spending 100s millions of dollars to produce flops
    3. It tarnishes the brand of The Flash, Batman, and Supergirl
    4. Does not help out DC comics brand get new readers

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Interview with Ezra Miller, Andy and Barbara Muschietti for DC Fandome China (skip at the 2 min. mark): https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1UL411G7nS

WB can't afford any bombs.

Flash is their one shot at getting the DCEU back on track. However, for once, they're not putting all their eggs in one basket like they did with Snyder early on. They have a bunch of other projects running so even if Flash doesn't work out they still have Matt Reeve's Batman, Patty's Wonder Woman, Wan's Aquaman, Batgirl and several other projects in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    WB can't afford any bombs.

Flash is their one shot at getting the DCEU back on track. However, for once, they're not putting all their eggs in one basket like they did with Snyder early on. They have a bunch of other projects running so even if Flash doesn't work out they still have Matt Reeve's Batman, Patty's Wonder Woman, Wan's Aquaman, Batgirl and several other projects in the works.
    Well, I think they're putting all their eggs in one basket in the sense of all the stuff they've shoving into an ostensible Flash solo movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think they're putting all their eggs in one basket in the sense of all the stuff they've shoving into an ostensible Flash solo movie.
    Haha, it's not really much of a solo movie anyway. Which I'm theoretically ok with assuming this movie goes well.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/doctor-...mpression=true

Looks like the Bat made Marvel blink.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

If I were Feige and I saw that Batman trailer, I'd reconsider putting Dr. Strange 2 against it, especially since word is Dr. Strange 2 is a bit of a mess.

Not really. Even if Flash bombs they still have the Reeves Batman to fall back on. WW, Shazam and Aquaman 2 aren't going to be affected. Flash ultimately matters for getting their top dogs (Superman, Batman) viable in the shared universe again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

More like the pandemic messing things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    If I were Feige and I saw that Batman trailer, I'd reconsider putting Dr. Strange 2 against it, especially since word is Dr. Strange 2 is a bit of a mess.
    We don't even have a trailer yet. Just rampant speculation fueled by personal bias and preferences.

Not really. Even if Flash bombs they still have the Reeves Batman to fall back on. WW, Shazam and Aquaman 2 aren't going to be affected. Flash ultimately matters for getting their top dogs (Superman, Batman) viable in the shared universe again.
    Doesn't make The Flash seem any less overstuffed.

The movie is not about the Flash (except in name), he's just a means to an end.

This is a 'Flashpoint' movie and I wish they had just called this that instead of 'Flash'.

The movie is not about the Flash (except in name), he's just a means to an end.

This is a 'Flashpoint' movie and I wish they had just called this that instead of 'Flash'.
    Or like call it The Flash: Flashpoint Paradox .

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm pretty sure the people in charge are more concerned about losing money than anything else, FWIW.
    Gunn has more DC projects coming and got a Peacemaker HBO Max show so they aren’t afraid to burn some money if they think it’s in their long term interest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Or like call it The Flash: Flashpoint Paradox .
    Or Batman and Supergirl Presents: DC's Flashpoint