Page 622 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1225225726126186196206216226236246256266326727221122 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I really don't want this to be more online clickbait nonsense
    Yeah, I guess the site isn't that reputable, so hopefully more legit trades will chime in on this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I really don't want this to be more online clickbait nonsense
    The Cultured Nerd isn’t reliable so if this day goes by without any of the major trades picking this up, you can dismiss it as clickbait. Cavill being confirmed to come back would absolutely be something WB would want to put out there for PR purposes, and it would leak really quickly anyway.

i don't know if this recent set of rumors is legit, but i don't think we've seen the last of Cavill Superman especially with so many others coming back and that Shazam teeses, plus the Rock talking him up in Fandome. Even if it's not for a solo movie.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    i don't know if this recent set of rumors is legit, but i don't think we've seen the last of Cavill Superman especially with so many others coming back and that Shazam teeses, plus the Rock talking him up in Fandome. Even if it's not for a solo movie.
    Yeah we are all assuming he at least shows up in the Shazam sequel to help face off against Black Adam. With DC now using multiple actors as Batman between The Batman's Robert Pattinson and Flash having Keaton and Affleck I'm wondering if we could also see multiple Supermen cast. If DC is planning to have multiple takes on characters they might not be as hesitant to give Cavill a new deal. If they give him a movie and it doesn't generate the hype they want they could already have another Superman project in production with another actor without having to worry how it effects continuity.
    Last edited by comicstar100; 09-18-2020 at 10:26 PM.

I hope he shows up in Shazam 2.

I think it depends on when Black Adam comes out in relation to Shazam 2, because I don't think we're going to get Billy vs Adam until the former happens and Adam is introduced.

Although I feel like Dwayne Johnson wants to fight Superman more than he wants to fight Shazam.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it depends on when Black Adam comes out in relation to Shazam 2, because I don't think we're going to get Billy vs Adam until the former happens and Adam is introduced.

Although I feel like Dwayne Johnson wants to fight Superman more than he wants to fight Shazam.
    I feel like this has potential to screw somebody over.

Either Billy is going to be upstaged by Superman in his own movie, or Superman will job to make way for the Adam vs. Billy. Of the two, the latter should happen in a movie that stars Billy based on his IP, but with how underwhelming DCEU Superman has been and the character needing a homerun, it might not be the best return depending on how it's executed.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Either Billy is going to be upstaged by Superman in his own movie, or Superman will job to make way for the Adam vs. Billy. Of the two, the latter should happen in a movie that stars Billy based on his IP, but with how underwhelming DCEU Superman has been and the character needing a homerun, it might not be the best return depending on how it's executed.
    I think the latter scenario is more likely, but he could save the day by giving Billy an inspiring speech. Like they pair off against Black Adam and Shazam is too unsure of himself to be as effective as he could be, and Superman gets severely hurt by Black Adam's lightning. Billy rushes over after hiding from the battle as his kid self and Superman tells him:

Superman: "His lightning...I've never felt anything like that before."

Billy: "It's the Wizard's magic, the same magic that gives me my powers."

Superman: "That's why you have to stop him, Billy. You were chosen for this."

Billy: "But he's too strong. How can I stop him when not even you can?"

Superman: "You're strong, Billy. Maybe even stronger than I am. And I've never met a kid who could hold it together like you have. What's the A stand for again?"

Billy: "The stamina of Atlas?"

Superman: "No, the other A."

Billy: "The courage of Achilles."

Superman: "If you ask me, I think Billy Batson gives Achilles a run for his money."

They exchange smiles. In the distance, Black Adam screams: SHAZAM!

Lightning hurls towards them, and Superman shields Billy from a painful blast before being dragged away and choked out by Black Adam. Black Adam says something sinister about false gods, before Billy has his moment, looks up to the sky, eyes filling with lightning, and yells: SHAZAM!

Given the cries for a more charismatic, inspiring Superman, they could accomplish the best of both worlds that way.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope Billy and Freddy are able to just scam Black Adam into going away Bill & Ted style, not have a 30 minute long CGI fight thing.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-19-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I thought the Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam animated feature did a decent job of balancing the two characters while still making it about Billy at the end of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hope Billy and Freddy are able to just scam Black Adam into going away Bill & Ted style, not have a 30 minute long CGI fight thing.
    I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get a good fight between Billy and Adam.

I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get a good fight between Billy and Adam.
    Meh, I'm sure they can fight a bit- but I'd like to see Billy use his street smarts and get help for his pals. Not just get into rock 'em sock 'em robots.

personally i think if you take what we already got/know we're going to get
    -the shazam origin movie along with the marvel family against Sivanna
    -Black Adam movie that introduces the JSA

And then add
    -a sequel with Superman in a supporting role acting as a mentor to Billy going up against Mr Mind and Sivanna
    -And wrap things up before the actors get too old with a final movie with Black Adam vs Shazam. Personally don't really want Superman to overstay his welcome, so I'd leave him out.

Throw in that tiger somewhere in there, and we'll have ourselves a good set of movies that cover just about all we'd need from that corner of the dcu.

SHAZAM! has so much room for growth. I'd rather not see Superman in anything other than a cameo or 2. Let Sandberg make magic with the sequels and don't cramp them/force too much plot.

I'd also like to just see Billy get older as the movies go on.

Let Black Adam have his own movies. Billy has a ton of other great villains to choose from and Teth Adam works better as a Doctor Doom/anti hero figure anyway.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-19-2020 at 08:21 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I thought the Superman/Shazam! The Return of Black Adam animated feature did a decent job of balancing the two characters while still making it about Billy at the end of the day.
    Yeah!that had some good action sequences as well.As well as clark going "i fight for those who can't fight for themselves". When asked who he fights for.if superman is gonna be in these movies they are gonna make him into a mentor figure. Personally think, superdad only works with kids involved. This is best for everyone.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-19-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Set at HBO Max: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/sui...ax-1234780589/