Page 796 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2966967467867927937947957967977987998008068468961296 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,940 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    DC is a infinite multiverse
    Is it impossible for clark kent to be black in any universe now? of course not
    That should be their standard for everything not just adhering to the central Earth 0 standard

I do get the impression a lot of you would rather have mediocre white actors as long as they look the part vs say a really good POC actor who doesn't fit the comic look but brings a good performance because a lot of you can't comprehend the transition from page to film

It's kinda funny to see the about face double standard that WB operates on
    Rick Fumuyiwa got canned from Flash over issues about his script being too divisive because it had Flash investigating a police involved shooting of a black person and other corruption in the CCPD with Cyborg
    A couple years later this hire Ta Nehisi Coates to write their very highly touted reboot of Superman as a black man

All while in the midst of Ray Fisher's drama and quietly being canceled by WB

I'm happy we'll see a black superman movie though I am a fan of Coates just wish WB would have been bolder with their Flash direction because right now it seems a mess
    I doubt people like Michael Keaton, Heath Ledger or Ben Affleck are considered mediocre actors and fans lashed out against their casting nonetheless. The iconography of certain characters, particularly those who have been ingrained in popular culture, isn't and shouldn't be seen as unimportant aspect that can be changed all the time so it makes all the sense in the world for fans of those characters to care about said aspect. But I truly doubt they would rather have a mediocre actor who looks like the character over a great actor who doesn't. This isn't something that's mutually exclusive anyway, studios could very well end up casting mediocre actors who don't resemble the characters at all. I've never seen Zoe Kravitz or Sasha Calle in anything so I can't speak if they're talented or not, my opinion of their acting would be based on what I see them do as Selina and Kara. I've seen Jeffrey Wright though and I know he's a good actor so him playing Gordon doesn't bother me at all. But in general it's a crappy thing to do to attack fans for wanting characters they love to be translated more faithfully to screen. This notion that people who want movie Superman to look like comic Superman makes them shallow or prejudiced should stop.

I do get the impression a lot of you would rather have mediocre white actors as long as they look the part vs say a really good POC actor who doesn't fit the comic look but brings a good performance because a lot of you can't comprehend the transition from page to film
    No, not at all - most of us would like to see characters who are actually diverse in the comics get shows and movies!

That should be their standard for everything not just adhering to the central Earth 0 standard

Rick Fumuyiwa got canned from Flash over issues about his script being too divisive because it had Flash investigating a police involved shooting of a black person and other corruption in the CCPD with Cyborg
    A couple years later this hire Ta Nehisi Coates to write their very highly touted reboot of Superman as a black man

I'm happy we'll see a black superman movie though I am a fan of Coates just wish WB would have been bolder with their Flash direction because right now it seems a mess
    I mean, I don't think anyone is assuming or asking they cast a mediocre actor of any color to play characters but race-bending can get disingenous to a certain extent versus promoting your actual POC characters.

I'm not against bolder storylines but I don't think that would have fit the premise of the first Flash movie. Maybe during Snyder's reign.

That Black Superman film starring Black Clark Kent will bomb! The response is overwhelmingly negative! You even have those of the left of politics annoyed that they’re race swapping instead using an original Black character! This is just a bad idea and hopefully WB or someone higher up sees the negative response and cancels the film! They definitely messed up making this “Black Clark Kent” instead of attempting to do with Val Zod or Calvin Ellis what Marvel did with Miles
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    No, not at all - most of us would like to see characters who are actually diverse in the comics get shows and movies!
    Exactly. The main issue is the negligence towards the already existing diverse characters.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 05-06-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That Black Superman film starring Black Clark Kent will bomb! The response is overwhelmingly negative! You even have those of the left of politics annoyed that they’re race swapping instead using an original Black character! This is just a bad idea and hopefully WB or someone higher up sees the negative response and cancels the film! They definitely messed up making this “Black Clark Kent” instead of attempting to do with Val Zod or Calvin Ellis what Marvel did with Miles
    I don't know if it'll bomb, but I know that I wish it will. They had so many POC characters to choose from, characters whose movies we'd all watch, and instead they went with this. Ugh.

Missing the point entirely! People are pissed because instead of promoting and using their POC characters, who are amazing as well, we’re getting stuck with stupid race swaps, aka scraps or hand me downs! Look at the DCEU, who are their most prominent POC coming up

Raceswapped: Hawkman, Catwoman, Cyclone, Supergirl, Deadshot, Black Canary, James Gordon, Superman, Constantine (rumored), Zatanna (rumored), Hawkgirl (rumored)

Original: Shazamily (support characters), Cyborg (gone), El Diablo (dead), Katana (no plans), Renee Montoya (no plans), Cassandra Cain (no plans), Blue Beetle, Static

Thank god for Static and Blue Beetle! All the rest are White characters being played by non White actors... does nothing for diversity and just is insulting! We want our own heroes not hand me downs!! If Marvel can do that then why can’t DC!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Exactly. The main issue is the negligence of the already existing diverse characters.
    I mean, Steel exists. Vixen exists. Steel. Bronze Tiger. Steel. Cyborg. Steel. Amazing Man. Steel. Naomi. Steel. Icon. Steel. Rocket. Steel.

Okay so I want a Steel movie...

I mean, Steel exists. Vixen exists. Steel. Bronze Tiger. Steel. Cyborg. Steel. Amazing Man. Steel. Naomi. Steel. Icon. Steel. Rocket. Steel.

Agree, there are tons of characters that DC could use. There are also Bumblebee and Mal Duncan, Manhattan Guardian, Hardware, Mr. Terrific, Aqualad (Jackson), Doctor Mist, Firestorm (Jason), Power Girl (Tanya), Mr. Miracle (Shilo), etc. There are tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Agree, there are tons of characters that DC could use. There are also Bumblebee Steel and Mal Duncan Steel, Manhattan Guardian Steel, Hardware Steel, Mr. Terrific Steel, Aqualad (Jackson) Steel, Doctor Mist Steel, Firestorm (Jason) Steel, Power Girl (Tanya) Steel, Mr. Miracle (Shilo) Steel, etc Steel. There are tons Steel.
    Fixed that for you!

...okay, so I really want a Steel movie.

Fixed that for you!

...okay, so I really want a Steel movie.
    Thanks, although there is still not enough Steel xdd.

Astonishing Member

Would it be seen as in poor taste to recast Fisher’s Cyborg? I really wanted to see at least an HBO Max series with the character in his DCYou design lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Would it be seen as in poor taste to recast Fisher’s Cyborg? I really wanted to see at least an HBO Max series with the character in his DCYou design lol.
    Does it matter if it's in poor taste? We're not getting Cyborg otherwise, and Fisher doesn't define the character. I'd say reboot recast and move on. Better to have someone else play Cyborg than no one play him.

I think we're stuck with Joivan's Cyborg for a while, who's been very well received. I don't see WB touching that character again soon, especially when they stopped pushing him in the comics as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Raceswapped: Hawkman, Catwoman, Cyclone, Supergirl, Deadshot, Black Canary, James Gordon, Superman, Constantine (rumored), Zatanna (rumored), Hawkgirl (rumored)

Original: Shazamily (support characters), Cyborg (gone), El Diablo (dead), Katana (no plans), Renee Montoya (no plans), Cassandra Cain (no plans), Blue Beetle, Static
    Renee montoya in the dceu was raceswapped too.
    She is black latino in the dceu but a brown latino in comics,animation other live action tv like gotham.
    Dceu Pedro Peña of the shazam family is a white latino but brown in comics.

Note-
    The older Pedro was played by a white actor as well in dceu.
    The actor is italian.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-06-2021 at 09:22 AM.