Page 621 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1215215716116176186196206216226236246256316717211121 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 20948
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I feel like the Fisher vs Whedon/Johns etc stuff might be better served in its own thread.
    Done and done.

Again, I'm finding this ongoing soap opera more entertaining than the last few DC films put together.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Is New Gods still happening or has it been shelved?

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Is New Gods still happening or has it been shelved?
    They're still writing it, I believe.

I'd almost forgotten about it...but yeah, last I recall, DuVernay was working on the script.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I'm just very thankful for more Superman, and yet on another Cavill has never sold me on his take and I'd rather move on to a new actor in the role.

Hopefully Cavill can prove me wrong and actually impress me now that he's free of Snyder's direction. We will see.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I'm just very thankful for more Superman, and yet on another Cavill has never sold me on his take and I'd rather move on to a new actor in the role.

Hopefully Cavill can prove me wrong and actually impress me now that he's free of Snyder's direction. We will see.
    It says he is the one who pitched the new take. The dude has pitched before. Even brought along a director. But the studio didn't want to. So, if it's true i wonder what changed.Maybe, wb isn't scared of superman anymore. Who knows, if true.Regardless, they have nill track record with superman. I wouldn't expect anything.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-18-2020 at 02:54 AM.

If this is indeed true, I think it's a virtual certainty that one of the films in this 3 picture deal will be a proper Superman sequel and another will be the Superman & Shazam vs. Black Adam crossover, with an appearance in the Flashpoint multiverse jam, possibly alongside Brandon Routh.

It says he is the one who pitched the new take. The dude has pitched before. Even brought along a director. But the studio didn't want to. So, if it's true i wonder what changed.Maybe, wb isn't scared of superman anymore. Who knows, if true.Regardless, they have nill track record with superman. I wouldn't expect anything.
    I might not be crazy about Cavill's Superman, but as a fellow Superman fan I am darn impressed by how he fights for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If this is indeed true, I think it's a virtual certainty that one of the films in this 3 picture deal will be a proper Superman sequel and another will be the Superman & Shazam vs. Black Adam crossover, with an appearance in the Flashpoint multiverse jam, possibly alongside Brandon Routh.
    That would be super cool! I’d love to see Routh in the Kingdom Come suit again.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

Same. I'd prefer a full clean slate as well.
    But my issue was never with Cavill and I was always rooting for him, the baggage associated with him was out of his hands. As long as Snyder is nowhere near him outside of the Snyder Cut, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Yes! YES! More good news!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Same. I'd prefer a full clean slate as well.
    But my issue was never with Cavill and I was always rooting for him, the baggage associated with him was out of his hands. As long as Snyder is nowhere near him outside of the Snyder Cut, I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Is it fine to ask the rock to play superman? I know he doesn't look remotely like superman. But, i don't care as long as i get the chills and i got from the black adam promo.i mean, they did rebrand aquaman with jason momoa
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-18-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

That's great news. I don't want big-screen Superman shelved for a decade, and I think Cavill deserves a chance to play a mature Superman. Crossovers with Black Adam/Shazam would be a huge bonus as well.

I really don't want this to be more online clickbait nonsense