Page 630 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1305305806206266276286296306316326336346406807301130 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 20948

The Shaner thing was disgusting. It's insane how thin skinned some of these fanboys are.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Shaner thing was disgusting. It's insane how thin skinned some of these fanboys are.
    And I don't even think he was explicitly talking about the movies, was he?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And I don't even think he was explicitly talking about the movies, was he?
    Given that he is an established comic book artist, I think that's a fairly valid assumption. Sure, I think the Snyder movies use that convention, but they are only a part of the usage.

There is a lot of talk about toxic fandom nowadays, but I think it's a bit of a misnomer. What I think we have here is that there has always been a performative element to most fannish expressions, and also that it's psychologically easy to build a group identity negatively: by focusing on the people who are not in the group rather than those who are in the group, or on disliking something rather than liking something.

What I think has happened—and this coincides with the rise of real-world fascist movements—is that we have had a rise of fannish movements that are built on performative dislike. Youtube proved a fertile host for that, but you can find it in lots of places nowadays.

(I define fascism here using Griffin's definition as ultranationalistic palingenetic populism: a populistic movement that wants to accomplish a national rebirth by purging undesirable elements from it.)
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't think snyder is coming back.Regardless,i do hope black adam does well so that it shows the studios superman can be a kickass,debonair action hero and not some wet towel.
    I'm beginning to wonder if it will get done at all for theatres. What with so many in danger of going out of business, and so many movies being postponed...and the prospect of indefinite closures plus movie goers simply not coming back due to fear of crowds. Will things like Black Adam get a lower budget and be moved to streaming? Will other, more marginal films just not happen at all?

After all, DC is a day late and a dollar short when it comes to superhero movies, Marvel having thoroughly stolen that march...and even they have an uncertain future. DC movies do tend to cost WB quite a lot, so if there's a question as to theatres even being open, or fans staying away, why go all when your potential upside is limited?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Sarah Shahi Joins Dwayne Johnson In New Line And DC Films’ ‘Black Adam’

"In the film, Shahi will play a university professor and freedom fighter leading the resistance in Kahndaq."

Full article: https://deadline.com/2020/10/sarah-s...am-1234597091/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"In the film, Shahi will play a university professor and freedom fighter leading the resistance in Kahndaq."

So she's playing Isis .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Cool, that fits.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So she's playing Isis .
    She's of Iranian descent; I think they should get a Kahndaqi actress to play her...
    Last edited by achilles; 10-14-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Cool, I liked her in the rookie.

Hope we get news of Doctor Fate and Cyclone

It'll be nice to see an actually accurate adaption of Adrianna in live-action after Zari on Legends.

I wonder if we'll see Osiris...

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Michael B. Jordan and Reginald Hudlin are producing a Static Shock film.

“I’m proud to be a part of building a new universe centered around black superheroes; our community deserves that,” said Jordan in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “Outlier Society is committed to bringing to life diverse comic book content across all platforms and we are excited to partner with Reggie and Warner Bros on this initial step.”

Outlier will be in the creative center of the Static feature and for Jordan, a comic book fan, this is an opportunity for not only for some world-building but to be directly involved in franchise-building. Should the first movie spark a hit, a multi-platform franchise could be born.

This is welcomed news! Especially love the “Should the first movie spark a hit, a multi-platform franchise could be born.” Music to my ears.

This has potential to be huge. Praying WB doesn't drop the ball here.

Awesome! Seems like Static is in great hands .

Astonishing Member

Static Shock was one of my favorite shows as a kid so I couldn’t be more thrilled to see this actually happening. I sincerely hope Warners does justice to the late great Dwayne McDuffie’s co-creation.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.