Page 716 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2166166667067127137147157167177187197207267668161216 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Bruce timm says hi.
    They arent even remotely the same. One was an interesting choice that we saw develop ever so slightly. They flirted, they went on a date, they werent in love. The other is just a bad choice with Snyder doing what he does best. Throwing in 500 things just because. This hardend batman that just tried to kill her boyfriend, we barely saw them even talk to one another and now Bruce is IN LOVE with Lois? yeah thats ridiculous but very on point for Snyder.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    This is going to be fascinating to watch if the result is overwhelming enthusiasm for this version. What does WB do if viewer and critic reaction is more positive than WW84 and AM and Shazam and Birds of Prey? Do they delay the Flash solo film again and rethink how much they want to reboot? Do they feel cornered and let Snyder continue his story? Do they sign Cavill to a new contract because Superman is so obviously a center-point to the Snyderverse? What becomes of Ray and Cyborg after all of the trauma and drama. And most intriguingly, what do they do with Affleck if fans go wild for this version?

I think the likelihood of fans and critics going bananas over this version is supremely low, but if it does occur...buckle up.
    No you grow a pair (that should have been there DAY ONE) and move on.

The SNyder haters should be happy though Zack is working on another movie and likely will be done with WB/DC after this project drops
    WB opened pandora's box.

WB was the jealous jilted girl at the prom that got upset the everybody loved the hot Marvel girl. Thought they could toss CRAP out and thought it would get ate up.

Sorry the REAL world is not the direct market-where that TRUE FAN nonsense runs wild to the tune of toxic, entitlement & enabling of badly done books and employees acting badly.

They need to move on and get a real plan together.

Understand it will take YEARS.

Understand depressed Batman universe is not a one size fits all for DC.

Understand stuff like Carol Danvers, GOTG and others will BEAT you. Sometimes BADLY. A black guy in a cat suit with the highest grossing solo hero film is not the end of the world.

Focus on DC BUSINESS not Marvel not Milestone not Valiant not Miliar Universe not Invincible Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What a nothing of a retort. Let’s end this here since you clearly don’t have any actual interest in a discussion.
    You aren't making any discussion you're just ignoring what happened and keep making excuses for why Bruce ending as a lonely old man is somehow not bad and makes him a mary sue

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    You aren't making any discussion you're just ignoring what happened and keep making excuses for why Bruce ending as a lonely old man is somehow not bad and makes him a mary sue
    It's not really the ending up alone and flirting with Lois that makes him a Mary Sue.

It's kind of the whole picture of him attracting Lois, Batgirl, Wonder Woman and Zatanna in addition to all the ass kissing of the JL/U era. So what if ends up alone when he's old? Timm thought he was the absolute hotness when he was in his prime.

Anyway, DCAU Bruce/Lois was pretty minor and this proposed idea for the DCEU was an absolute dumb **** idea and it's good it was shot down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's not really the ending up alone and flirting with Lois that makes him a Mary Sue.

It's kind of the whole picture of him attracting Lois, Batgirl, Wonder Woman and Zatanna in addition to all the ass kissing of the JL/U era. So what if ends up alone when he's old? Timm thought he was the absolute hotness when he was in his prime.

Anyway, DCAU Bruce/Lois was pretty minor and this proposed idea for the DCEU was an absolute dumb **** idea and it's good it was shot down.
    So basically it doesn't matter that he destroyed all his personal relationships and drove everyone out of his life, it just matters that in different points of his life different women were interested in him, regardless of the fact all these relationships either failed or went nowhere or just completely exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    So basically it doesn't matter that he destroyed all his personal relationships and drove everyone out of his life, it just matters that in different points of his life different women were interested in him, regardless of the fact all these relationships either failed or went nowhere or just completely exploded.
    Yes, that and he was the bestest superhero ever who was always right and could outrun Darkseid's Omega Beam, judo flip Kalibak and knock out Sinestro with a batarang and be the only one of the Justice Lords to see the light.

Him ending up alone doesn't mean the "he's the best superhero ever" favoritism wasn't 100% on display

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    This is going to be fascinating to watch if the result is overwhelming enthusiasm for this version. What does WB do if viewer and critic reaction is more positive than WW84 and AM and Shazam and Birds of Prey? Do they delay the Flash solo film again and rethink how much they want to reboot? Do they feel cornered and let Snyder continue his story? Do they sign Cavill to a new contract because Superman is so obviously a center-point to the Snyderverse? What becomes of Ray and Cyborg after all of the trauma and drama. And most intriguingly, what do they do with Affleck if fans go wild for this version?

I think the likelihood of fans and critics going bananas over this version is supremely low, but if it does occur...buckle up.
    If it's an utterly massive success, I could see some sort of continuation of the Snyderverse. I don't think it would have much effect on the Flash since Snyder has always described his cut as an Elseworlds that deviates from the current canon. The question is what form a continuation would take. Part of the reason this happened at all is that most of the footage was sitting around unused, meaning the amount the company had to spend finishing special effects and shooting new scenes was a small fraction of the typical superhero blockbuster budget. Especially a Zack Snyder superhero blockbuster, as Man of Steel cost $225 million, and BVS $250 million. So from their perspective, they essentially got a shiny new superhero movie at an outrageous bargain price. His DC movies have been insanely expensive to produce (which is surely one of the reasons the Vanity Fair piece mentions the studio being unhappy with how much MOS made back, even if it turned a profit), so would they be willing to give him that kind of money again? Especially if this were to be another HBO Max exclusive instead of a theatrical release?

Then you have to factor in the logistics of getting back the original cast. Beyond Fisher's bad blood with Walter Hamada, Ben Affleck is looking booked and busy for the next few years, and who knows how much longer everyone else is still onboard (Gal recently talked about a potential Wonder Woman 3 providing "closure" and an ending to the character).

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Really? Any word on what her production company is going to do? I though she wanted to go to theater....but that's dead now for the foreseeable future, isn't it?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/me...ny/ar-BB1dDpQV

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Supergirl being 1000s of years old ruins much of the appeal for me, so hopefully that's ignored or she's from the Multiverse or something.
    I wonder if we're getting something similar to this in Flashpoint.

Weren't there rumors of Michael B. Jordan and a Superman project, and he specifically noting that he wanted to be Calvin Ellis?
    Could Flash put together a similar team in Flashpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We thought it was Superman, but Joker was the real Jesus all along!

Jared Leto already thinks he's Jesus, what with his island full of cult followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Jared Leto already thinks he's Jesus, what with his island full of cult followers.
    I think that's what makes the image so eye roll inducing and insufferable.

Snyder has his pretentious symbolism but he may be doing it to be a troll, which....can't blame him if so. Leto sucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think that's what makes the image so eye roll inducing and insufferable.

Snyder has his pretentious symbolism but he may be doing it to be a troll, which....can't blame him if so. Leto sucks though.
    We live in a society...

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Bruce timm says hi.
    Yeah, but Lois was into Bruce. She hated Batman, and Batman is why Lois decided not to go forward with Bruce. Also, she wasn't actively dating Clark/Superman at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We live in a society...
    The sound I made when I saw this image was inhuman. Thank god, I was on break so my co-workers didn't hear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The sound I made when I saw this image was inhuman. Thank god, I was on break so my co-workers didn't hear me.
    I uttered "Jesus Christ" at work when I saw it. Then realized what I said and laughed.

Thankfully I'm the only one in the upstairs office.