Page 1099 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 9959999910491089109510961097109810991100110111021103110911491199 ... LastLast
Results 16,471 to 16,485 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Oh, good grief.

"Zack Snyder Fan Bots Reportedly Rigged Oscars Fan Categories"

I don't see how this poll was worth half the time devoted to it and and the resulting online debate.
    This has been debunked, and the original tweet by Umberto Gonzalez (who wrote the article and is known to not be the most reputable) has been deleted, as the article itself cites inconclusive evidence.

This is the "evidence" Umberto noted:

Not even the experts cited in the article can conclusively determine whether or not bots were involved.

The Academy had rigorous precautions in place specifically to avoid this.

From before the Oscars:
    http://www.thewrap.com/academy-oscar...bots-cheating/

Follow up to the article by "El Maybe"
    https://thedirect.com/article/justic...-oscar-academy

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    This has been debunked, and the original tweet by Umberto Gonzalez (who wrote the article and is known to not be the most reputable) has been deleted, as the article itself cites inconclusive evidence.
    Okay. Then I still maintain my original point; can we please get over the Oscar poll and the Snyder cult's victory and move on?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Okay. Then I still maintain my original point; can we please get over the Oscar poll and the Snyder cult's victory and move on?
    I was simply following up and providing new information. I was happy Snyder got a mention at the Oscars personally.

Dea... I mean that reboot can’t come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Dea...?
    10chars

Death. For this iteration of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    With Depp, it seems there is as much evidence coming out they were justified in firing him. So far, there appears to be no mitigating circumstances regarding Miller. That could change but I find it doubtful.
    The initial framing of the situation was very black and white (Depp= bad, Herd = victim) and now it's moved into this murky grey area where they are both toxic people who are better apart than together. Either way, studios jumped the gun by firing him.

Coming back to the point, Erza's situation could go either way at any point. So I don't blame WB for keeping their fingers crossed. He's not my first choice for Flash but it's too late recast him for *this* movie specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    The problem with releasing it now is that all the VFX people in Hollywood are way backed up. So the movie is definitely not ready to show yet. These screenings have incomplete VFX and music.
    I mean, obviously after they've finished the effects. I just want this over with no further delays.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Depp’s career had already been in a tailspin prior to his attempted libel suit. That was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. He had a history of being disruptive and combative on set, showing up late or intoxicated, and just generally being a pain in the ass. That was tolerated for a long time because you can be an ******* in Hollywood as long as you’re making money. Once his non-Pirates movies stopped making money (and even the Pirates franchise had started seeing diminishing returns), the studios stopped putting up with him.

I have no idea what Ezra is like during filming, but that will likely be a factor in whether or not he continues. Especially since he’s not really a box office draw.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I was simply following up and providing new information. I was happy Snyder got a mention at the Oscars personally.
    Sure, just wish that his fandom hadn't been so obnoxious about the whole thing.

Death. For this iteration of the franchise.
    Come on, don't throw the baby out the with bathwater; the DCEU got some really good stuff after they shifted away from the Snyderverse, stuff that doesn't deserve to be scrapped just because other unrelated movies weren't up to scratch. I mean, unless the brass have specific plans going forward that require "going back to formula," the Snyderverse movies are really the only ones weighing the DCEU down and, at this point, they've already been erased, so an in-universe reboot that wipes them away would just be a formality. I mean, aside from a handful of Easter eggs, the Snyderverse movies (plus the first Suicide Squad) aren't referenced anymore. Heck, they've even been retconned in a few instances (for example, the Snyderverse Wonder Woman turned her back on humanity after WWI until the Doomsday incident, while her solo movies show she continued to make a difference and be a hero despite her losses).

The Snyder Cut was always billed as a non-canon second pass that would offer some closure to Snyder himself and was the end of the Snyderverse. It was never the revival the Snyder cult wanted it to be; that ship had begun to sail the moment that WB began trying to course correct Suicide Squad One and the theatrical Justice League after it became clear that audiences weren't engaging with Snyder's vision. I'm sure the Snyder cult will continue to campaign for the Snyderverse even if it's never officially erased from the series, but, at this point, it's a good bet that they'll continue to do so even if Flashpoint does reset everything. Obviously, the cult will run out of stream eventually and disband when they accept that the Snyderverse was dead before they even started, but they don't see to be out of gas just yet.

Long story short; I don't think a reboot of the DCEU is a good idea, based on what we know; they've got a good thing going right now and the stuff that wasn't working has already been wrapped up.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The DCEU is actually kind of in a good place for me right now. I enjoy the non-Justice League stuff it's doing. The Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad, Peacemaker corner of the universe is heck of a lot of fun. Shazam was good and Black Adam is promising. Aquaman was a wild success.

As long as the DCEU focuses more on the fun smaller characters, and everything else gets an out of universe treatment like Joker or The Batman, I don't see a problem. I'd rather have crazy stuff like Peacemaker and a separate Batman universe than another MCU.

DCEU, such as it is, feels so all over the place and unfocused that they could literally do anything at this point.

I would say that's represented in the actual Flash movie but that seems to be doing surprising well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think the characterization may be faithful to Kara's personality. Critics tend to be suckers for bright-eyed, earnest portrayals (with good reason usually).
    Yeah, but I didn't get the sense they were going in that direction, what with them fusing her with Flashpoint Superman who...is anything but that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DCEU, such as it is, feels so all over the place and unfocused that they could literally do anything at this point.
    You say that like it is a bad thing, but that's been the sole thing keeping me interested. I can't really see something like Peacemaker ever happening otherwise.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know or recall if this was mention here but superwoman is the superman of earth 11.
    Reminds of you anything?

Dceu supergirl looks alot like earth 11 superwoman too not only just Cir-El supergirl.

Superwoman
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Superwoman_(Earth_11)

Cir-El (Futuresmiths)

Anyway it looks like discovery has new plans for superman and replacing main dceu superman with supergirl may not happen after all but supergirl will still be in the dceu.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-15-2022 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You say that like it is a bad thing, but that's been the sole thing keeping me interested. I can't really see something like Peacemaker ever happening otherwise.
    I think something like Peacemaker is good but feels out-of-sorts with everything else. Like I didn't really like how they ended up using the JL. And it's weird for something so adult-leaning to be in the same universe as such an adult series.

I'd be perfectly fine with everything being fairly standalone at this point because the shared universe stuff feels like such a mess and not really ideal. Even if The Flash movie ends up being good Batman, Supergirl, Zod, and a continuity reboot had no business being in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Anyway it looks like discovery has new plans for superman and replacing main dceu superman with supergirl may not happen after all but supergirl will still be in the dceu.
    Don't have an issue with this, but I'm disappointed her introduction is happening in a Flash film.