Page 837 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3377377878278338348358368378388398408418478879371337 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,555 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    His hair looked dark to me and I think he had some of those features you list, but I guess it depends on how you see an actor. He was a little more of a "pretty boy" Bruce but he is sometimes depicted that way.
    Huh, I had to google it but his hair was dark as Bruce Wayne. For some reason my memory keeps lightening up his hair, even though I just rewatched two of his films on Netflix a couple months ago...
    Still feels like a besides the point tangent - he didn't look like Bruce Wayne to me or a lot of others, but he still worked just fine. Hair color isn't that important to adaptations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    So there's going to be a main line supergirl and a new black superman
    Old Bruce Wayne setting up a Batman Beyond tangent for the DCEU

A lot of new stories can spring up from this direction
    Only if DC manages to stick the landing
    That's a big if. If they've proven nothing else over the past decade plus, it's that they're consistently inconsistent. Superman and Superman II are iconic films, III and IV were jokes, Returns and MoS were divisive, and Supergirl and Steel are panned forever. Batman and Batman Returns are iconic films, Forever and Batman & Robin were jokes, Catwoman was horrible, The Dark Knight Trilogy are three of the best superhero movies ever, Joker is a spectacular film (whether it's the Joker is up for debate among some fans), and The Batman looks great. Batman v Superman is just bad. Justice League is worse - the Snyder Cut is better but not a masterpiece by any stretch. The first Wonder Woman is a classic, but 1984 seems to be divisive (I still need to watch that one). Aquaman was a MCU type juggernaut. Suicide Squad is mixed, I liked BoP but it's panned around here, and The Suicide Squad looks good. Green Lantern was no good, Constantine was alright but too different from the comic books, and Jonah Hex was panned. And I think that's all the DC films...

There's a lot of classic superhero films and a lot of bombs on that list, so sticking a landing with any given film seems to be a coin toss.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I hate to say it like this but perhaps we should have seen that coming when they announced an Hourman solo movie. Nothing against Hourman and I love the JSA but nothing has really appropriately set up Hourman of all characters.
    Considering it’s definitely an HBO Max original, expect even more unexpected characters to get films, especially if Batgirl, Blue Beetle and Static are huge hits for the service. I can see Firestorm, Captain Atom, Wildcat…etc get films too

Seems like they're throwing everything and the kitchen sink.
    Do you mean in the Flash film in particular or in their announced line up of films right now? Because agreed on both. Although while that makes me skeptical of the quality of the former, I do think that's actually pretty promising for the latter. I want Batgirl and Blue Beetle and Zatanna and Static and Supergirl and all these other films. It'll probably be a mixed bag, but some of them are bound to be very good, and everything is somebody's favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I hate to say it like this but perhaps we should have seen that coming when they announced an Hourman solo movie. Nothing against Hourman and I love the JSA but nothing has really appropriately set up Hourman of all characters.
    While I don't think Hourman can hold a franchise, I think there's enough there for just one film leading into the JSA and I think that's the plan. Introduce some members in movies like Black Adam, give a few solo origin movies just so as to not stuff too many characters elsewhere like in Black Adam, and then team them up in a big JSA movie. And if that's the plan, then I think Hourman's as good a choice as any other JSAer. Just set up a few in other franchise's films, a few in solos, then boom big team up. He only has to support one movie for that to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Considering it’s definitely an HBO Max original, expect even more unexpected characters to get films, especially if Batgirl, Blue Beetle and Static are huge hits for the service. I can see Firestorm, Captain Atom, Wildcat…etc get films too
    This. HBO Max let's them take more risks on characters who otherwise would never get their own films in the theatrical model, which ultimately is a good thing. Let's us move away from the old "they should never get a film before so-and-so character or off separate from such-and-such team" debate - now literally anyone can get a solo movie at any time. Which as a fan is cool. We don't have to give a crap if they can support an ongoing book or whatever anymore, we can just enjoy a plethora of films.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    This. HBO Max let's them take more risks on characters who otherwise would never get their own films in the theatrical model, which ultimately is a good thing. Let's us move away from the old "they should never get a film before so-and-so character or off separate from such-and-such team" debate - now literally anyone can get a solo movie at any time. Which as a fan is cool. We don't have to give a crap if they can support an ongoing book or whatever anymore, we can just enjoy a plethora of films.
    At first I was against the idea but if this means that we’ll end up getting a bunch of lesser known characters in live action without the added stress of having to get a huge box office then I’m all for it. Start introducing these characters to the masses. I think Batgirl, Blue Beetle and Static are a great start since they’re fan favorites! Let’s see who else we get! Maybe characters get introduced on HBO Max and then team up on the screen? That’s be cool

Do you mean in the Flash film in particular or in their announced line up of films right now? Because agreed on both. Although while that makes me skeptical of the quality of the former, I do think that's actually pretty promising for the latter. I want Batgirl and Blue Beetle and Zatanna and Static and Supergirl and all these other films. It'll probably be a mixed bag, but some of them are bound to be very good, and everything is somebody's favorite.
    I'm not against the films themselves but some of them conceptually just seem a little...out there, like Keaton's Batman or whatever this Supergirl is.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    At first I was against the idea but if this means that we’ll end up getting a bunch of lesser known characters in live action without the added stress of having to get a huge box office then I’m all for it. Start introducing these characters to the masses. I think Batgirl, Blue Beetle and Static are a great start since they’re fan favorites! Let’s see who else we get! Maybe characters get introduced on HBO Max and then team up on the screen? That’s be cool
    Maybe, like I said I think that's the plan for the JSA - Hourman on HBO Max, but he's in a theatrical JSA. I know there's both a GL movie with Hal and John, and a HBO Max GL series with Alan and Guy and Jessica (I don't think Kyle or Simon are in it?), so those two things might crossover at some point somehow.

I'm not against the films themselves but some of them conceptually just seem a little...out there, like Keaton's Batman or whatever this Supergirl is.
    I'm not sure what you mean by out there - clearly they had to move on from Affleck as Batman, and bringing in Keaton to mentor younger heroes ala Batman Beyond makes a lot of sense. There's already a new Batman outside the DCEU for proper Batman movies, the DCEU already went with the older Batman concept before, and WB has been interested in doing something in the Batman Beyond mold for over a decade and a half (they almost made a Batman Beyond movie over Batman Begins). As for Supergirl...actually, what do you find out there about this Supergirl?

I'm not sure what you mean by out there - clearly they had to move on from Affleck as Batman, and bringing in Keaton to mentor younger heroes ala Batman Beyond makes a lot of sense. There's already a new Batman outside the DCEU for proper Batman movies, the DCEU already went with the older Batman concept before, and WB has been interested in doing something in the Batman Beyond mold for over a decade and a half (they almost made a Batman Beyond movie over Batman Begins). As for Supergirl...actually, what do you find out there about this Supergirl?
    Bringing Keaton back just feels kind of random there for me, at least compared to Affleck, but to each their own.

It just seems like they're going for a very different take on Supergirl.

Bringing Keaton back just feels kind of random there for me, at least compared to Affleck, but to each their own.
    I guess? Like I said, if you're ditching Affleck (and they are) and doing a young Batman outside of universe for your Batman movies, but still want some Batman presence in your main universe then bringing back an older Batman to do a Batman Beyond role makes sense. I guess it feels random because it requires those 3 steps of canning Affleck, doing an out of continuity Batman for your main Batman, but still wanting a Batman in your main continuity, but why those steps happened are all kind of logical and makes sense when you go down that list, so I guess that's why it doesn't seem random to me. I mean, you did say "compared to Affleck" but Affleck wanted out and his movies weren't well received.

It just seems like they're going for a very different take on Supergirl.
    How so? The multiverse angle or because she's not blond? Or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    So there's going to be a main line supergirl and a new black superman
    Old Bruce Wayne setting up a Batman Beyond tangent for the DCEU

A lot of new stories can spring up from this direction
    Only if DC manages to stick the landing
    I thought the new Superman was an alternate universe movie like The Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    So, they got everyone who originated those on the big screen...Right?
    George Reeves and Adam West both got their films released in theatres before Christopher Reeve and Keaton (Superman and the Mole Men in 1951 and Batman: The Movie in 1966 respectively).

Even before that in the 1940's, the World's Finest appeared in "theatrical serials" (Lewis Wilson starring in 1943's Batman series and Kirk Alyn starring in 1948's Superman series).
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 06-20-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I know there's both a GL movie with Hal and John, and a HBO Max GL series with Alan and Guy and Jessica (I don't think Kyle or Simon are in it?), so those two things might crossover at some point somehow.
    Simon baz will be in hbo max green lantern series.
    HBO Max's Green Lantern Character Details for Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz Emerge
    https://www.cbr.com/hbo-max-green-la...-jessica-cruz/
    Last edited by mace11; 06-20-2021 at 11:01 PM.

In Black Adam news, they'll finish filming by the end of July (The Rock confirmed it) and Pierce Brosnan has confirmed that for Doctor Fate's costume they are using a motion capture suit.

Mighty Member

Maybe, like I said I think that's the plan for the JSA - Hourman on HBO Max, but he's in a theatrical JSA. I know there's both a GL movie with Hal and John, and a HBO Max GL series with Alan and Guy and Jessica (I don't think Kyle or Simon are in it?), so those two things might crossover at some point somehow.

I mean DC has said they will try to get HBO max and theater releases to align more, Suicide Squad and the Peacemaker show come to mind. So maybe we will get a Green Lantern movie that the HBO show references.

Heck apparently Flash movie is trying to reference Grant Gustin's Flash so let's wait and see.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I'm digging those new costumes. Especially Mary's .

They made Mary so old that now they don't even bother changing actresses when she transforms.