Page 838 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3387387888288348358368378388398408418428488889381338 ... LastLast
Results 12,556 to 12,570 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I hate to say it like this but perhaps we should have seen that coming when they announced an Hourman solo movie. Nothing against Hourman and I love the JSA but nothing has really appropriately set up Hourman of all characters.
    Yes, Hourman done right can be done well, but then so can many other unused DC characters, most of whom don't have the problematic powers origin. I'd rather see it done as a Vertigo style noir story set back with the original version that also dealt with his growing addiction, (I'm assuming it's addictive).

But why not say a Power Girl movie, even just on HBO Max, or a series on that service? She's got the upside of SM and SG without being so clearly defined to general audiences you can actually do things with her apart from the CW drama of the day. And I'd have to say she's a fair bit more popular still than Hourman. And let's face it, of the existing female heroes DC has, she's probably one of the best known who hasn't yet been in anything live action.
    Last edited by achilles; 06-21-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bringing Keaton back just feels kind of random there for me, at least compared to Affleck, but to each their own.
    I mean casting an older Batman gets you press, helps you move away from the stink of Snyder's movies, and Keaton was the first 802/90s Batman.

Also doesn't overshadow Pattinson's younger Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Also doesn't overshadow Pattinson's younger Batman.
    This is probably the biggest reason. You want young Bruce Wayne kicking ass? Go watch Pattinson. Keaton is just here to give a Bat bump to characters WB is unsure of.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Helen Mirren (Hespera) on the Shazam! 2 set:

Source: http://www.justjared.com/2021/06/21/...spera-costume/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-22-2021 at 02:52 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Starro face huggers! Ok I can now see why Waller is so concerned about this mission. That’s not just a rampaging alien starfish, it’s potential enslavement of the planet.

So excited about this flick!

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Well, on the one hand, they're basically using Bloodsport like he's Deadshot, at the same time...at least they acknowledge he's a Superman villain. And Cavill's Superman is presumably still alive.

It's kind of weird that the film feels like it's got some of the same brand of humor as the original, just implemented more naturally, which I guess makes sense since it was aping Gunn's films to begin with.

Didn't Weasel kill a bunch of people when he showed up in the actual Suicide Squad comic?

Polka Dot Man probably dies after saying he's a Superhero now...

Having an actual daughter isn't going to stop Bloodsport from being a father figure to someone else .

Oh hey, they used King Shark's real name .

87481024-52EC-4822-982B-2A1617CDC2D0.jpg

Starros!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, on the one hand, they're basically using Bloodsport like he's Deadshot, at the same time...at least they acknowledge he's a Superman villain. And Cavill's Superman is presumably still alive.

It's kind of weird that the film feels like it's got some of the same brand of humor as the original, just implemented more naturally, which I guess makes sense since it was aping Gunn's films to begin with.

Didn't Weasel kill a bunch of people when he showed up in the actual Suicide Squad comic?

Polka Dot Man probably dies after saying he's a Superhero now...

Having an actual daughter isn't going to stop Bloodsport from being a father figure to someone else .

Oh hey, they used King Shark's real name .
    Lol they actually say Weasel has killed multiple children right after saying he’s “harmless”

They’re basically using Bloodsport as a Deadshot clone in terms of narrative, but they’re definitely not ignoring his roots as a Superman villain and that’s all I care about. Idris is going to do a great job I’m sure. Would be absolutely hilarious if that’s how Cavill Superman died though!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah I wish they would have found some other motivation for Bloodsport. I know it was originally written with Deadshot back in the film but they could have at least changed that aspect. An estranged wife, a sibling, a cat or something. But at least they mention him nearly killing Supes with a kryptonite bullet.

That would be hilarious if WB used that as a way to get rid of Cavill. He just dies offscreen. Wouldn’t put it past them seeing as how much they want to move on from the Snyderverse. Poor Henry.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-22-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The action in this trailer looks cool. I like the Starros.

Incredible Member

‘The Suicide Squad’: Late Summer Smash Or Unrequested Sequel?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...h=5bbb95ea1190

Incredible Member

How many letters do I have to write to get a Cyborg movie?

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    How many letters do I have to write to get a Cyborg movie?
    Well first you have to get Hamada and Emmerich fired, then you have to get replacements who are willing to take a chance on Cyborg. In other words: it’s never happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well first you have to get Hamada and Emmerich fired, then you have to get replacements who are willing to take a chance on Cyborg. In other words: it’s never happening.
    Or you can recast Cyborg

EDIT: Which I also don't see happening