Page 565 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 654655155555615625635645655665675685695756156651065 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sorry if it feels like we're piling on-top of you. I can understand some of the reservations to the concept and it seems like the previous filmmakers had that same idea, but I don't think any concept is inherently impossible to make work in live-action.
    And I never argued that it was impossible, just the reasons I don't think it's going to happen this time around.

And yeah, just burnt out on it quick because it was a lot at once from multiple peeps. I prefer shorter 1 on 1 debates at a smaller post size these days.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wasn't the one making the child soldier argument - I was the one saying that he is considered more campy/silly to the audience, which doesn't fit the direction they seem to be taking, and that like Aquaman you need to get people really into the character to get past the joke, and I don't think that's what we have going on here.
    Sorry for the misquote there. I think in terms of short-term vision you could be right. I'm arguing hypothetically.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Like Frontier said, sorry if we're piling on. I wouldn't say we're "desperate" though. If you're not a Robin fan, that makes more sense.

I can understand that mentality, I wouldn't be eager to see all the Robins in the movies either, just Dick.
    No problem. And desperate was probably the wrong word. The thing is when arguing with fans you get the sense that whatever you say never matters, because they want that character to get a movie, so it's escalates quickly because I think there's a sense if you win it accomplishes the wish somehow. Even if you're just arguing why it's unlikely, they argue as if they can prove it has to happen. Or at least I get that sense. I hate that.

Also, it's less that I'm not a fan of Robin and more that I have become more of a Dick Grayson hater. His fans are just so numerous here that I've come to dislike him. Any other Robin but Dick please... except maybe Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Sorry for the misquote there. I think in terms of short-term vision you could be right. I'm arguing hypothetically.
    I think Robin will happen eventually - I just don't think it will be in this trilogy, and I kind of don't want it to because the solo detective Long Halloween grounded-but-differently-grounded-from-Bale take has me excited, and I don't want them to change things just to add Robin if that's not the plan.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

No problem. And desperate was probably the wrong word. The thing is when arguing with fans you get the sense that whatever you say never matters, because they want that character to get a movie, so it's escalates quickly because I think there's a sense if you win it accomplishes the wish somehow. Even if you're just arguing why it's unlikely, they argue as if they can prove it has to happen. Or at least I get that sense. I hate that.

Also, it's less that I'm not a fan of Robin and more that I have become more of a Dick Grayson hater. His fans are just so numerous here that I've come to dislike him. Any other Robin but Dick please... except maybe Damian.
    We're never gonna see eye to eye on Robin then, because Dick is the only one I like lol

Titans proved Robin could work but both Dick and Jason are in their twenties. Plus it leans into the child soldier angle heavily as you get the sense being Robin did neither of them any favors. So the lighthearted kid in shorts angle doesn't feel high on the list outside an animated movie.

With Pattinson, i could see them using the older Bat heroes like huntress, azrael, orpheus, onyx etc. Maybe even Katana but thats just my beware the Batman fandom showing.

Granted a Batman/Green Arrow film could be cool.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-15-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Robin was in Batman Forever and Batman and Robin
    Nice for the time but those depictions have cemented that the live action versions of the character are to stay far away from that portrayal
    Interesting how even Schumaker aged up Dick in those movies

Not sure why there's such an urgency to cram Robin in live action anyway they are doing a young Batman in the Reeves movies and then you already have Titans anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Robin was in Batman Forever and Batman and Robin
    Nice for the time but those depictions have cemented that the live action versions of the character are to stay far away from that portrayal
    Interesting how even Schumaker aged up Dick in those movies

Not sure why there's such an urgency to cram Robin in live action anyway they are doing a young Batman in the Reeves movies and then you already have Titans anyway
    Because we already got a young Batman sans Robin with Nolan, and there isn't always an overlap with the film goes and the tv viewers.

Because we already got a young Batman sans Robin with Nolan, and there isn't always an overlap with the film goes and the tv viewers.
    I view movies and TV the same way
    I guess movies have higher production values sometimes but still its all live action

I guess movies have higher production values sometimes but still its all live action
    Movies are generally seen as a much bigger deal and reach an ever wider audience.

I mean if Reeves doesn't want to include Robin in future films it's better not to than force him. But we've had two cinematic Batmen since Shumacher, it's understandable that Dick fans want to see the character get some long overdue cinematic redemption if THAT's the only option they have so far.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The live action Robin we got to see also isn't Batman's sidekick anymore. He's a jaded post-breakup Nightwing essentially.

We're never gonna see eye to eye on Robin then, because Dick is the only one I like lol
    I don't see the appeal...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't see the appeal...
    The appeal is similar to don quixote and Sancho Panza or watson and sherlock holmes. A dynamic between two (close to) extreme entities far too different yet far too same. Honestly, it's has the same appeal as batman and superman.

Doesn't explain the urgency to get Dick in a film.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The appeal is similar to don quixote and Sancho Panza or watson and sherlock holmes. A dynamic between two (close to) extreme entities far too different yet far too same. Honestly, it's has the same appeal as batman and superman.
    Eh, I love Superman. Dick just kind of indifferent to.