Page 718 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2186186687087147157167177187197207217227287688181218 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Ah so it seems like WB will finally get one demographic before Marvel. Though if I remember correctly, Feige mentioned plans for Nova recently, but I guess it's not the same since Richard will apparently be there too and not just Sam.
    WW was an important demographic win too IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Ah so it seems like WB will finally get one demographic before Marvel. Though if I remember correctly, Feige mentioned plans for Nova recently, but I guess it's not the same since Richard will apparently be there too and not just Sam.
    Marvel did the first Black and Asian led superhero films, DC did the first female and Latino led superhero films! Seems even
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Great choice. A Latino superhero has potential to go over big.

Rooting for Jaime to succeed!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Holy ****! This is amazing. I had all but given up hope for Jaime. Can not tell you how happy this makes me. They didn’t just change the ethnicity of an already existing character. They’re actually doing what a lot of people have been begging them to do and use one of the POC characters.

Hooray for Jamie!

Does this mean the planned animated shorts are test runs for live action movies? So a Kamandi movie could be next?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Does this mean the planned animated shorts are test runs for live action movies? So a Kamandi movie could be next?
    You might be on to something... first Constantine and now Blue Beetle... I could see Kamandi getting an HBO Max movie

Also can’t wait!! Love Blue Beetle!!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I wonder if the movie will acknowledge Ted Kord at all. Not that it needs to, but it would be nice if they could sneak in a mention at least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Great choice. A Latino superhero has potential to go over big.
    I mean I hate to be cynical, but I’m sure this is being greenlit because it has the potential to get those big bucks from an untapped and overlooked superhero loving Latino audience.

I ain’t complaining

Oh it 100% is. WB is taking notice of the strong Latino fanbase for DC and is clearly trying to tap into it. Which is the smartest thing they’ve ever done. They’re out to make money, but who cares? Everything they green lit is just to make money!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Marvel did the first Black and Asian led superhero films, DC did the first female and Latino led superhero films! Seems even
    Well, Momoa is also a Hawaiian/Maori man of color (Aquaman) and Ezra Miller is the first queer lead of a superhero film (Flash).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I mean I hate to be cynical, but I’m sure this is being greenlit because it has the potential to get those big bucks from an untapped and overlooked superhero loving Latino audience.

I ain’t complaining
    And this is paired with the casting of a new Latina Supergirl, which has gone over quite well.