Page 724 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2246246747147207217227237247257267277287347748241224 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 20948

I guess this confirms what was talked about in another thread (or was is this very one?). We will get adaptations of the same 4 or 5 characters except now there will be black/latio/asian versions of them. If we are lucky we will get a Blue Beetle or Shazam or Wonder Woman movie in between. Meanwhile, Marvel will end up turning freaking New Warriors into the next big blockbuster and household name.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’m definitely sure that’s true for some, but not for me. I personally find being part of the cinematic universe tends to weigh a movie down for me. The Batman and maybe this being separate from the DCEU makes me more interested than if they were.
    I actually hope 'The Batman' is just a prequel to Affleck's Batman but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm not a fan of having 3-4 on screen versions of characters running around. It dilutes the whole thing, imo.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Being part of an extended universe just makes movies media more interesting
    It depends on the execution.

On the WB side, it seems to be more a curse than a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It depends on the execution.

On the WB side, it seems to be more a curse than a blessing.
    I don't think any of the problems the DCEU has thought have been at fault because of the shared universe though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think any of the problems the DCEU has thought have been at fault because of the shared universe though.
    It certainly hasn't helped.

Being removed from the baggage of the DCEU is actually a point in The Batman's favor.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I guess this confirms what was talked about in another thread (or was is this very one?). We will get adaptations of the same 4 or 5 characters except now there will be black/latio/asian versions of them. If we are lucky we will get a Blue Beetle or Shazam or Wonder Woman movie in between. Meanwhile, Marvel will end up turning freaking New Warriors into the next big blockbuster and household name.
    Haven’t seen that but it wouldn’t be much of a surprise. Once Gadot is done I’m predicting they’ll cast Yara as her replacement. Only Batman is impervious to race bending of course. I do wonder what will happen if Flashpoint is a flop. Does Ezra get shown the door and they cast a new Flash? Or just drop Flash entirely?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Haven’t seen that but it wouldn’t be much of a surprise. Once Gadot is done I’m predicting they’ll cast Yara as her replacement. Only Batman is impervious to race bending of course. I do wonder what will happen if Flashpoint is a flop. Does Ezra get shown the door and they cast a new Flash? Or just drop Flash entirely?
    I think anything they do with Yara will be a completely separate thing to movie Wonder Woman at the moment (before they were pitching her for a CW show), although who knows with WB they might just be hard-pushing to get their new diverse legacy heroes out there to seem more relevant.

I have no idea what WB's plan for The Flash are at this point.

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if this is like The Batman or something new. You lose a lot of interest when things are not part of a shared universe.
    Eh, I'm the opposite - I'm less and less interested in a shared cinematic universe with every movie. I'm so much more hyped for The Batman because it isn't part of the DCEU. If this is a non-DCEU Elseworld movie it'd go a long way to alleviate my worries.

The shared universe was amazing when the MCU was new. Over 13-ish years later I'm burned out on the concept.

WB really really f*cord up hard man

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I actually hope 'The Batman' is just a prequel to Affleck's Batman but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm not a fan of having 3-4 on screen versions of characters running around. It dilutes the whole thing, imo.
    Also kind of the opposite here - instead of diluting it up, it makes it more interesting to me, because then I can compare and contrast. And if one of those takes suck, another might be the best ever. Look at the animated movies - you had DCAMU Batman, Lego Batman, Batman Unlimited Batman, Batman Ninja Batman, Batman vs the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Batman. It was great, because while some weren't that good (DCAMU) the others kept my excitement going.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I don’t mind too much, and I suspect millions of people who make up the majority of the box office who don’t read comics and don’t have any particular affinity for the character won’t care either.

And there’s nothing to suggest that the Clark Kent Superman will be used. It could very well be Calvin, or some other black Kryptonian.
    I have no doubt that it's President Calvin Ellis. That's the character Jordan name checked when he addressed the rumored Superman project.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Interesting news. A movie focusing on Calvin would be great
    Calvin will have to be introduced to audiences before he gets his own movies. Five gets you ten that he's going to show up in Flashpoint, which will establish his place in the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I have no doubt that it's President Calvin Ellis. That's the character Jordan name checked when he addressed the rumored Superman project.
    Yes - but is Jordan going to be attached to this?
    Also, he name dropped it as in that was the Superman he wanted to play - not that was what WB was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seriously this. There’s a method to the madness. I’m rooting for Calvin Ellis, I love that guy and I want to see him on the big screen. MBJ named Calvin as the Superman he would want to play so I’m hopeful I’ll get what I want.

But Abrams and Coates is not a creative team I have much enthusiasm for. Abrams is a creative hack and Coates can’t write fiction. His Black Panther has been crap and his Cap has been mediocre. Guess we just have to hope for the best. Either way this pretty much marks the end for Cavill, and I’m not bothered by that. Give me black Superman over Evil Superman any day of the week (I was rooting for a Latino Superman though lol)
    These are the three things that I think happened to Cavill:

1. Zack Snyder. Nuff said.

2. Negotiations, wherein he thought he was an A-lister who deserved A-list money. WB disagreed. They even floated a solo Supergirl movie to move him off his position, and he wouldn't budge. Now, WB has cast a new Supergirl, making good on that threat.

3. Tyler Hoechlin's Superman. This guy has been so positively received that he essentially gives viewers the Superman they didn't know they needed until now, and quite a few people are noting that he's a better Superman than Cavill. This last one really put the nail in the coffin for Henry.

Luckily, Cavill has projects lined up, and he's at an age where he can really campaign for James Bond if he still wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yes - but is Jordan going to be attached to this?
    Also, he name dropped it as in that was the Superman he wanted to play - not that was what WB was thinking...
    I don't know if Jordan is still attached, but we know he's connected to WB/DC because of his producer work on the upcoming Static. So, I'm guessing he's still in the loop somehow.