Page 639 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1395395896296356366376386396406416426436496897391139 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Most of those aren't that good either, and this stands out as being way too much of a busy eyesore. Especially for an adaptation of a character designed by Jack Kirby.
    Yeah, he looks like MCU Ultron. All these cgi characters pretty much look alike.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Yeah, he looks like MCU Ultron. All these cgi characters pretty much look alike.
    While I'm not wild about Ultron, he's inoffensive to look at.

This is taking a design from Jack Kirby and turning out something that looks like he's covered head to toe in staples. Granted, the theatrical one we got looks bad too.

I usually have to roll my eyes at people who complain about use of CGI since it usually comes off as effects snobbery, so I don't mind them using CG.

It's that he looks like a Bayformer if someone threw some meat on him is where I think he looks dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    While I'm not wild about Ultron, he's inoffensive to look at.

This is taking a design from Jack Kirby and turning out something that looks like he's covered head to toe in staples. Granted, the theatrical one we got looks bad too.
    Ultron at least had a clean design even if they missed the point of Ultron's face.

Steppenwolf looks awful.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Steppenwolf looks so overdesigned.

And I don't really get the need for black and white. This isn't Batman or some film noir film. These people actually have colorful costumes and are fighting space aliens!
    The definition of Snyder's DC Cinematic.

Every. Single. Character. is so over designed it boggles my mind.

Think about Suicide Squad and what they did to two of the most iconic villains.

Think about Superman's costume.

Think about Cyborg and his Michael Bay Transformers look.

Think about Aquaman and his look, it was only fixed in hindsight in his solo movie.

Think about Flash and his Ferrari bodykit look.

The only suits that looked good was Batman, Shazam & Wonder Woman.

God I want to love these movies so much, but I simply cannot believe what WB allowed Snyder to do

The Steppenwolf design is absolutely hideous. It's painful to look at.

Screw it guess we’re talking about the Cut in here. How do you make Jack Kirby characters boring as hell to look at? The Snyder aesthetic is just so... washed out. Dull. No colors at all to break up the tedious gray. And it looks so cheap too. Apparently Snyder spent $70 million on 4 minutes of footage? What the hell?

Calling it now: this will review around the same score as BvS and end up lower critically than Whedon JL.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

In what way? Outside of both being grey I really don't see any resemblance between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Think about Aquaman and his look, it was only fixed in hindsight in his solo movie.

God I want to love these movies so much, but I simply cannot believe what WB allowed Snyder to do
    I agree with Cyborg and Aquaman but Superman? It's just a blue suit with a red cape and boots. How is that over designed?

Yeah Steppenwolf's design isn't good but neither is his comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

To some extent I expect movie designs to look a little overdone but still be pleasing to look at. I don't really get that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    In what way? Outside of both being grey I really don't see any resemblance between the two.

They're both cgi messes, indiscernible heads with eyes. My issue has always been that Steppenwolf is a nothing character and Ultron is one of comic books most iconic villains.

I should also note; this version of Steppenwolf actually does look more like his most recent appearance, so, the character actually is more faithful to the comics than people are claiming.

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

They're both cgi messes, indiscernible heads with eyes. My issue has always been that Steppenwolf is a nothing character and Ultron is one of comic books most iconic villains.

I should also note; this version of Steppenwolf actually does look more like his most recent appearance, so, the character actually is more faithful to the comics than people are claiming.

Both of those designs look much more cleaner and straightforward compared to new movie Steppenwolf. Even his old design does, by comparison.

Needs more spikes.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Beyond the horns, he looks nothing like this. Put them side by side, it's obvious which one is more streamlined and easy on the eyes.

Also, it's faithful to some comics...but anything Fourth World related in the New 52 is probably best avoided.