Page 732 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2326326827227287297307317327337347357367427828321232 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would NOT put that beneath them.

And you know what... I probably would have done the same thing. However I would have take all that mess Snyder offered and put it in comic book form.

Why NOT release that in comic book form in time for the Cut to come out?

I mean what harm would do? It would probably sell (mainly to Snyder fans).
    Yes, a lot of Zack Snyder fans believe he is a true genius that was maimed by studio meddling, WB actually letting the fans know how awful some of his ideas are would be a smart move, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well Snyder has to agree to that and there is little reason for him to do so at the moment.
    No he doesn’t. He doesn’t own the characters. Whatever work he did while working on WB’s properties is owned by WB/DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    No he doesn’t. He doesn’t own the characters. Whatever work he did while working on WB’s properties is owned by WB/DC.
    If WB/DC would print his work as a comic book without his approval then they'd open themselves to another clusterfuck.

If WB/DC would print his work as a comic book without his approval then they'd open themselves to another clusterfuck.
    His work that he’s already been paid for? Doubtful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Baseless crazy theory: WB leaked Snyder original plans so people stop dreaming about a utopic MoS2 and see the crap they would be getting instead. Now anything Abrams and Coates does they can say: "Well, at least we don't have an arc where Evil Superman evolves to cuck Superman".

Honestly, if they did it, it would be a smart movie, probably the right one.
    While it does paint the reboot in a favorable light, Why would WB leak it and then pull it from pretty much everywhere they can find it? Why not wait until the official release of these boards given that Jim lee did drawings for these pieces of written garbage?

The only thing I can think of is that these plans were due to be shown the day the syndercut was released and in zack's loopy mind it would provoke the syndercut bros into demanding more films from WB. But some executives with a lick of sense saw the plans for the shitshow they are and released them early so it can remind people that zack just doesn't know what to do with the characters and ultimately take the wind out of the sails of the syndercut by dissuading the moderate DC fan from seeing the clusterf*ck that is the syndercut.

Again a baseless tinfoil hat theory of course.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    At what point in that original post did I dismiss action? If you meant the "big swing" comment (I know English isn't your first language and you're not from the United States so perhaps this was simply a miscommunication. It's a baseball metaphor about taking a big chance on something not guaranteed), that's more that Jim probably liked the idea because it wasn't some softball pitch; it was wild and out there. And yes, I do prefer substance with my flash. All of one or the other gets dull fast. That's not prejudice, it's asking for art to have a balance of ingredients than a mindless slugfest which I don't find engaging most of the time. Exceptions do happen occasionally, but especially in film, you need both to create a satisfying narrative.
    It wasn't regarding that comment.It's just the general lack of discussion on it on the superman boards,is all.The trivialisation of it as just some decoration ,to sell to audiences(they call it set pieces for a reason.That distinction itself tells you of it being of lesser value).So i assume it's not something of interest.Where i am from action itself is used for telling emotional stories.We don't compartmentalise.Ever watched charlie chapplin movie?Action can convey depth.What's substance to you is mere postering of morality for me and drama of soap opera kind.So that's that.we have different ideas on substance.Might not ever agree.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-05-2021 at 04:22 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

His work that he’s already been paid for? Doubtful.
    It would be pretty rare to adapt his story in a completely different medium than the one in his contract and not give him additional rights to the profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It would be pretty rare to adapt his story in a completely different medium than the one in his contract and not give him additional rights to the profits.
    Making comics out of un-produced film scripts is more common than you’d think. They’ve made comics out of Frank Miller’s original Robocop 2 script, an original Alien 3 draft, and even Harlan Ellison’s original script for City on the Edge of Forever.

I’m not saying they should or are even likely to turn this turd into a comic book, but they’d be within their rights to.

Extraordinary Member

Well Snyder has to agree to that and there is little reason for him to do so at the moment.
    Alan Moore might have a different opinion on how it actually works...

That said, I'm assuming DC isn't evil enough to actually publish that in comic form....oh, what am I saying, of course they're that evil.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You go into this with the mind set that no matter how bad it is because it's about BATMAN-you assume everyone will still support it. Much like we see in comics-where stories no matter how bad seem to stay top sellers because of WHO is on the cover. Heroes in Crisis says HI.

Then the reality check comes that the general public is NOT comic book worshippers that you can bully or guilty trip into supporting stuff.

Figures-they got pandered to ONCE and expect it again.

And this is what Fisher is fighting for?

What good is putting this out and Cyborg is an after thought in this trilogy? At least in this draft.

I can totally imagine these dweebs in a board room saying think about all of the Oscars it'll be like Nolan but epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Do you know what these original Zack Snyder story ideas and George Lucas’s original plans for the sequel trilogy have in common with each other? They’re both overly ambitious plans that likely would’ve set the fandom world on fire with controversy had their respective studios follow through on them — and it could be reasonably argued a bullet was dodged by essentially abandoning them. Save for the Lois and Bruce stuff, I kind of unabashed love these outlines and hope we one day see these ideas done in either a DCEU graphic novel or an animated two-part movie. It’s sounds like the perfect elseworlds story and all for that.
    Except Lucas can do whatever he wants because he literally created these characters, it's his story

Baseless crazy theory: WB leaked Snyder original plans so people stop dreaming about a utopic MoS2 and see the crap they would be getting instead. Now anything Abrams and Coates does they can say: "Well, at least we don't have an arc where Evil Superman evolves to cuck Superman".

Honestly, if they did it, it would be a smart movie, probably the right one.
    Dude, I bet you they did to nip it in the bud and put it to sleep forever

Yes, a lot of Zack Snyder fans believe he is a true genius that was maimed by studio meddling, WB actually letting the fans know how awful some of his ideas are would be a smart move, imo.
    Nah, they will think it's so out of the box and only comic book dorks care if Batman has a gun and murders people

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Keep in mind this was an initial draft, and scripts do change a lot after initial drafts.

Anyways - I have always viewed Snyderverse as an Elseworlds (as with any other DC adaptation tbh), so it doesn't bother me too much. I don't necessarily want the same things as in comics, but I do get why it might have been a bad idea for a "main" timeline (if they were going with the initial drafts, it would have been far better off in the future once main timeline was established).
    I get that it's basically its own thing as an adaption, and it was an initial draft, but I think the main issue is it shows where his headspace was at when it came to these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get that it's basically its own thing as an adaption, and it was an initial draft, but I think the main issue is it shows where his headspace was at when it came to these characters.
    Hmm, I mean, is that an issue? It's the story he wanted to tell (well, initial draft of it I guess....). Problem is only when we think of definitive version of a character (or when we say a character can do only this or that. After all, isn't the point for creatives to reinterpret them as they want to? Granted, we don't have to like those interpretations of course).

I do think though - if they were gonna go in such a direction, it would have been better down the road once a main universe/continuity has been established (kinda like what Marvel is at this point).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hey, give him some credit. He's at least read Morrison's JLA run. Since that finale with everyone on earth uniting against Darkseid is straight out of the Maggedon arc. I think the Knightmare future may have also been based on a Morrison JLA arc? It's been a long time since I read it. Though as usual, he's learned all the wrong lessons from them.
    The Meggadon arc? He probably skimmed through it, because from my memory Batman didn't do much of anything in that story. He gave Superman a "pep talk" from that safe little room. There was no Knightmare sequence in Morrison, the closest was Starro taking over the planet and putting everyone to sleep.

Maybe he should have read Bryan Hitch's run instead, the stories might have been crap, but the character interactions were spot on. Not just some edgy stuff you can misinterpret.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    If true, this makes me sad.

How could Jim "Hush" Lee not say something.

I honestly think Snyder never read a DC book other than DKR, how could he think the general public would be cool with this?
    In the other thread I said that he's never read anything besides DKR and Injustice....looks like I was pretty spot on.
    Last edited by LifeIsILL; 03-05-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Making comics out of un-produced film scripts is more common than you’d think. They’ve made comics out of Frank Miller’s original Robocop 2 script, an original Alien 3 draft, and even Harlan Ellison’s original script for City on the Edge of Forever.

I’m not saying they should or are even likely to turn this turd into a comic book, but they’d be within their rights to.
    But I imagine Snyder would still have to be compensated.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Nah, they will think it's so out of the box and only comic book dorks care if Batman has a gun and murders people
    That is true.His kill count and the way he has actually even bombed people in previous movies,speaks for themselves.If it was otherwise there would have been an outrage.it did not matter then cauee1) lack of social media influence 2)these movies became that big of a deal after avengers.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"