Page 774 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2746747247647707717727737747757767777787848248741274 ... LastLast
Results 11,596 to 11,610 of 20948
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Hopefully WB will commit. With Zatanna and Static especially. I'm not worried about the rest too much.
    I'm definitely in the "there's some good looking stuff on the way and potential for a turn around, but I don't trust them as far as I can throw them yet" stage.

I expect Aquaman 2 and the Shazam-verse films to be good, the The Suicide Squad looks like a major step up from the first one. A lot of my hesitation comes from not knowing what to expect for the Superman universe, and the fear of how they will try to "course correct" from WW84 for WW3, and the Amazon spin off ending up in development hell.

Hopefully WB will commit. With Zatanna and Static especially. I'm not worried about the rest too much.
    I am. I still want a good Superman up on the big screen in my lifetime...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Yeah, no, they just came off of the Dark Knight Trilogy. If anything the opposite is it true.
    WB has been so in love with that take on Batman they tried to apply it to everything going forward. That's how we ended up where we are now. If Nolan was interested enough he'd be able to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I'm expecting a lot of people are not going to be able to shut up about Affleck when Pattinson's Batman is released. Ditto with whatever they are doing with Superman
    Oh very true and websites aren't going to help any. Every movie here on out will most likely be compared to Snyder Cut. It's been not stop already and it's easy clicks. This isn't going away now and all because AT&T got desperate for content.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I am. I still want a good Superman up on the big screen in my lifetime...
    ...unless you are in your 70's or older, I think you can relax as WB will most probably put out Superman films every decade so the chances of at least one being good look fine.

Also, I wouldn't label Superman Returns and Man of Steel as BAD Superman films but YMMV.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-10-2021 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    WB has been so in love with that take on Batman they tried to apply it to everything going forward. That's how we ended up where we are now. If Nolan was interested enough he'd be able to make it work.
    He admitted himself though that Batman is the only superhero he can interpret as he wouldn't know how to deal with superheroes who have actual superpowers.

In addition to the Dark Knight trilogy, the utter failure of Green Lantern and the success of 300 also proved to color (often literally) WB's approach to the DC films.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why is it so hard to make DC movies?
    I mean, Fox and Sony also had similar issues with their respective franchises. Marvel just got very, very, VERY lucky that a person like Kevin Feige who is well-versed with the ins and outs of both the movie-making business and comics AND has good creative instincts exists. That personality with all those combined skill sets is obviously a highly rare being apparently.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-10-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm expecting a lot of people are not going to be able to shut up about Affleck when Pattinson's Batman is released. Ditto with whatever they are doing with Superman
    Especially the people who were still expecting MoS 2 seven years after the first one came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    ...unless you are in your 70's or older, I think you can relax as WB will most probably put out Superman films every decade so the chances of at least one being good look fine.

Also, I wouldn't label Superman Returns and Man of Steel as BAD Superman films but YMMV.
    I mean, I'm 33 and they haven't done it yet. Not sure I'd call waiting 33 years until I'm 66 an appealing option.

And I'd call those two movies "mediocre" rather than BAD or GOOD.

I mean, Fox and Sony also had similar issues with their respective franchises. Marvel just got very, very, VERY lucky that a person like Kevin Feige who is well-versed with the ins and outs of both the movie-making business and comics AND has good creative instincts exists. That personality with all those combined skill sets is obviously a highly rare being apparently.
    Marvel makes bad decisions all the time
    The mcu utterly ruined the mandarin and don't even get me started on hulk
    The irony is that the mcu is so successful people easily forgive the bad when it comes to marvel
    DC has to fight its own fans who either hate batman hate the movies they do make or don't like the criticism handed out to all the movies

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, I'm 33 and they haven't done it yet. Not sure I'd call waiting 33 years until I'm 66 an appealing option.

And I'd call those two movies "mediocre" rather than BAD or GOOD.
    I'm 31, and in the same boat. Those are the two Superman solo films released in my lifetime, and it's pretty underwhelming, whereas Batman at least has the two monster hits of B89 and TDK in that time period, not factoring in other stuff like Returns, Begins, Rises, etc.

He's got a good grasp of the character but I'm so done with the "He stands alone" perception. Did Chris O'Donnell and Alicia Silverstone's Bat nipples really scare Hollywood so much that they refuse to touch the Batfamily in live action again? Snyder wanting Dick to be the Robin killed by Joker is the ultimate romanticizing of the 'Batman as a loner' concept.

He's got a good grasp of the character but I'm so done with the "He stands alone" perception. Did Chris O'Donnell and Alicia Silverstone's Bat nipples really scare Hollywood so much that they refuse to touch the Batfamily in live action again? Snyder wanting Dick to be the Robin killed by Joker is the ultimate romanticizing of the 'Batman as a loner' concept.
    A combination of that and Snyder being overly in love with TDKR. I guess Dick being the dead Robin is a more dignified fate than what Miller actually did with him though, so there's that.

After two back to back takes of a solo Batman (Robin being killed off screen means Bat-family in DCEU doesn't count), it'd be nice if the Reeves take actually does take some cues from the TLH/DV storyline and show Gotham in general moving away from the grounded stories into the more freakish and fantastical. That story after all still had a clearly inhuman and powered Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze shooting his ice beams and a nursery rhyming hulk zombie, so Robin showing up there was never out of place. We know it is grounded for now, but Selina still isn't even Catwoman yet so there might be plans for an evolutionary slide into crazy/fantastcal.

If Reeves has no plans for at least Dick and maybe Barbara, I definitely wouldn't want it to be forced on him as a creator because that wouldn't yield good results. But the fans of solo Batman already had two turns at it, so in the interest of fairness it's time to give a Bat-family another shot in either this take or the inevitable next one.

I still maintain Batman trying to hunt Superman down like an animal just did not feel like Batman.

I think it's the influence of Miller's Batman (despite Carrie Kelley) and how often they focus on an early years or an isolated Batman as to why they so often leave the Batfamily out of adaptions. It was also because they didn't have a place in the Nolan films.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Batman also wears clunky armor or trenchcoats and isn't too bright. Good job, Zack/WB.

Especially the people who were still expecting MoS 2 seven years after the first one came out.
    The funny part is that MoS 2 was never in Zack Snyder plans, MoS 2 is BvS.