If Black Adam movie does big business then they'll likely let Rock to do whatever he wants for the sequel. And Flashpoint movie is likely to be commercial and critical bomb, wouldn't be shocked if all the "world building" from it will get flushed down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I would be rooting for whomever does the
    "You fight for the wizard?
    I fight for those who can't fight for themselves"
    Gimmick.
    it doesn't looke like superman is doing that and black adam feels like "eff you!!you ain't putting me in chains no more" in the promo..so

That fight is cool though..Superman actually having hand to hand and 360 degree combat is something i love.
    Well, we barely see movie Superman doing much of anything lately. The fate of not having your own movie...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If Black Adam movie does big business then they'll likely let Rock to do whatever he wants for the sequel. And Flashpoint movie is likely to be commercial and critical bomb, wouldn't be shocked if all the "world building" from it will get flushed down the toilet.
    I think Black Adam will make bank. It’ll really be interesting to see the JSA have more success on screen than the Justice League.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Not sure how they’re going to explain the JSA in a world that seems like it just discovered the existence of meta humans. They’ve made it seem like Superman was the first publicly known superhero.

The Justice League wouldn’t be that much of an earth shattering revelation if there was already a team of powerful metas.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Not sure how they’re going to explain the JSA in a world that seems like it just discovered the existence of meta humans. They’ve made it seem like Superman was the first publicly known superhero.

The Justice League wouldn’t be that much of an earth shattering revelation if there was already a team of powerful metas.
    We can see Superman as the first hero of the new generation. While the JSA are supposed to be old and retired heroes.

Btw, MoS presents Superman more as the first public alien, a powerful being from another planet. It's a first contact story.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-02-2022 at 09:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Different earths that’s all

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    We can see Superman as the first hero of the new generation. While the JSA are supposed to be old and retired heroes.

Btw, MoS presents Superman more as the first public alien, a powerful being from another planet. It's a first contact story.
    That’s true.

Now that I think about it, I guess the JSA could have been a secret team put together by Roosevelt to fight the Nazis then they disbanded after the war. Would be cool if they showed old footage of Wonder Woman leading them into battle.

Dr. Fate and Hawkman seem to be the only OGs left. Carter could have reincarnated and Fate’s longevity can be explained with his magic.

That’s true.

Now that I think about it, I guess the JSA could have been a secret team put together by Roosevelt to fight the Nazis then they disbanded after the war. Would be cool if they showed old footage of Wonder Woman leading them into battle.

Dr. Fate and Hawkman seem to be the only OGs left. Carter could have reincarnated and Fate’s longevity can be explained with his magic.
    Seems like a perfect explanation to where they were this whole time.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

That’s true.

This is how I would do. And have a JSA movie with WW too.

I think I have mentioned it back in Dec. after Black Adam's first test screening, there's also a cameo of spoilers:
    Al Pratt played by Henry Winkler, he talks via zoom call with his protege
    end of spoilers.

Despite Ezra's growing delusional breakdown and the film's probable commercial failure, I wouldn't be quick to rule it a critical failure. Test audiences have all been largely positive on it. Sure, test audiences have been wrong with DC movies before, but it's still far from a sure thing that the movie itself is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think Black Adam will make bank. It’ll really be interesting to see the JSA have more success on screen than the Justice League.
    I mean, will they? They'll be in a more successful movie, but they're the second stringer guest stars to Black Adam in his movie. Is that really JSA success?

If Adam reviews decently I think it will be a big hit. Flash is reviewing well in test screenings so I think it might be well received, but Ezra’s actions will likely affect its box office. Not enough to make it a flop but enough that I think it will only be in the $400-600 million range, especially since it will have Spider-Verse and other blockbusters to go up against.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

With all of Cavill's holding out for a true sequel to MoS, I can't see him agreeing to only having Superman appear as Supergirl's "sidekick" as she battles one of his best villains and as the punching bag in Black Adam 2.

I sure as hell don't want to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This is how I would do. And have a JSA movie with WW too.

I think I have mentioned it back in Dec. after Black Adam's first test screening, there's also a cameo of spoilers:
    Al Pratt played by Henry Winkler, he talks via zoom call with his protege
    end of spoilers.
    spoilers:
    That's awesome! Fonzie/Gene Cousineau as the mighty Atom! I guess they can just say that his atomic powers are why he looks like he's in his 70s instead of his late 90s, if he really did fight with the original team in WWII.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-02-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, will they? They'll be in a more successful movie, but they're the second stringer guest stars to Black Adam in his movie. Is that really JSA success?
    Meh, better than being a laughingstock. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

With all of Cavill's holding out for a true sequel to MoS, I can't see him agreeing to only having Superman appear as Supergirl's "sidekick" as she battles one of his best villains and as the punching bag in Black Adam 2.

I sure as hell don't want to see that happen.
    I'm pretty sure Cavill's done. So the question is what actor will they get to be Supergirl's sidekick and Black Adam's punching bag? Who will be our new Superman?