Page 539 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 394394895295355365375385395405415425435495896391039 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No, he was able to save lois because that's one of the anchors clark has. His mother being another. Its just one of his shtick. Superman saves lois. He needs an island. How would he know they are criminals? As far as he is concerned batman is the criminal.
    And that's my issue with Snyder's DCEU films. Superman destroyed a U.S. Satellite and said the government won't track him, he goes into sovereign nations to save people without government approval, his fights have killed thousands in collateral damage, and many in the public disapprove of his actions. He's the same as Batman yet he goes after Batman. Batman kills goons, gangsters, and etc but his Rogues are alive. Snyder makes two of the greatest heroes of all time look like hypocritical idiots.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    And that's my issue with Snyder's DCEU films. Superman destroyed a U.S. Satellite and said the government won't track him, he goes into sovereign nations to save people without government approval, his fights have killed thousands in collateral damage, and many in the public disapprove of his actions. He's the same as Batman yet he goes after Batman. Batman kills goons, gangsters, and etc but his Rogues are alive. Snyder makes two of the greatest heroes of all time look like hypocritical idiots.
    Correction: General Zod (A Space Hitler), his followers and their machine killed thousands. Superman was fighting to stop them from killing billions.

Batman killing in BvS is something new. Note how Alfred drops the newspaper on Bruce's desk and says "new rules?". Bruce retorts "we're criminals, Alfred. We've always been criminals". Which is true. Batman is a vigilante. Most costume heroes are. The MCU handles it by put nearly all the Avengers, including Spider-Man as a sanctioned SHIELD or government operatives. Still have issues though. Like Cap's team blowing up a Wakandan embassy while trying to stop Crossbones from releasing a bio-weapon. Or the Avengers evacuating a civilian airport, just so they could wreck it in a big battle. No one blames the Avengers (aside from Hank Pym and General Ross) for the Sokovia incident that nearly destroyed the world, but did destroy a city.

Uncle Sam's stamp of approval leads to get-out-of-jail free cards and having to jump when the government says so. Otherwise, they'll put you in prison or execute you.

In summation, Superman and Batman are vigilantes. Superman goes where he is needed, regardless of borders. Batman uses extreme measures to fight crime in Gotham. Because too many people "have failed this city".

Astonishing Member

No, he was able to save lois because that's one of the anchors clark has. His mother being another. Its just one of his shtick. Superman saves lois. He needs an island.
    Superman can do that and use his powers to solve crimes. And how does he save them? By using his powers. By making them a priority. He doesn't consider heavily armed criminals shooting up the docks a priority to "solve." He's supposed to be an entity who makes his own decisions, not a plot device.

How would he know they are criminals? As far as he is concerned batman is the criminal.
    This requires an investigation, which he should be able to do on his own - instead he does nothing. They may pass well not exist when he meets Batman. It's jarring. How does he feel about them? We don't know.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just hope Pattinson's Batman doesn't kill anybody. Is that too much to ask for ?
    It shouldn't be at all, but between Burton, Snyder and even Nolan, it apparently is.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It shouldn't be at all, but between Burton, Snyder and even Nolan, it apparently is.
    The recently, dearly parted Schumacher, had his Batman kill Two-Face. Another of those, "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you" deaths. This after Batman demonstrated he could make a death-defying rescue of both Robin and ̶A̶q̶u̶a̶m̶a̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶A̶t̶l̶a̶n̶n̶a̶ Chase Meridian at the same time.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I just hope Pattinson's Batman doesn't kill anybody. Is that too much to ask for ?
    Also he doesn't need to save his villains

Really was hoping for Batgirl spinning out of Matt Reeves trilogy not being Batman Beyond Light

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    No, superman in the movies has been actively getting people killed through branding and stuff. That was his issue.superman never played a judge. Superman doesn't try to kill. Superman doesn't try to scare. Superman doesn't try to be destructive. These things happen from his point of view and he is willing to be judged for it. To held accountable for it without losing his freedom and privacy. He can't hel what he is. Bruce on the other hand is actively doing this from Clark's perspective. Even with all that clark would have resolved it without violence had bruce been willing to listen. On top of that, a lady basically tells clark that bruce only know fighting.Ofcourse, both characters are a bit myopic. Otherwise, the fight won't be justifiable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Superman can do that and use his powers to solve crimes. And how does he save them? By using his powers. By making them a priority. He doesn't consider heavily armed criminals shooting up the docks a priority to "solve." He's supposed to be an entity who makes his own decisions, not a plot device.
    This requires an investigation, which he should be able to do on his own - instead he does nothing. They may pass well not exist when he meets Batman. It's jarring. How does he feel about them? We don't know.
    If i saw batman as unaccountable . Considering, how dangerous he is. The first thing i will take out is him.Not some thugs with guns. His priority is correct.

Dude! In bvs was supposed to have a scene where superman uses his senses and gets overwhelmed by the horrors of gotham city and the ****. It was deemed "too dark",Was left on the cutting floor. Hence him not using his abilities. He does the investigation. He finds out that bruce is judge, jury and executioner. Superman doesn't act like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Correction: General Zod (A Space Hitler), his followers and their machine killed thousands. Superman was fighting to stop them from killing billions.

Batman killing in BvS is something new. Note how Alfred drops the newspaper on Bruce's desk and says "new rules?". Bruce retorts "we're criminals, Alfred. We've always been criminals". Which is true. Batman is a vigilante. Most costume heroes are. The MCU handles it by put nearly all the Avengers, including Spider-Man as a sanctioned SHIELD or government operatives. Still have issues though. Like Cap's team blowing up a Wakandan embassy while trying to stop Crossbones from releasing a bio-weapon. Or the Avengers evacuating a civilian airport, just so they could wreck it in a big battle. No one blames the Avengers (aside from Hank Pym and General Ross) for the Sokovia incident that nearly destroyed the world, but did destroy a city.

Uncle Sam's stamp of approval leads to get-out-of-jail free cards and having to jump when the government says so. Otherwise, they'll put you in prison or execute you.

In summation, Superman and Batman are vigilantes. Superman goes where he is needed, regardless of borders. Batman uses extreme measures to fight crime in Gotham. Because too many people "have failed this city".
    This is true. Superman is a vigilante strongman/reporter. Batman is a vigilante detective/entrepreneur. .
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-24-2020 at 07:37 AM.

No, he was able to save lois because that's one of the anchors clark has. His mother being another.
    Yet he couldn't find his mom down the street. Even hishe called them out on that. Man of steel even showed he used his mom to help learn how to use his x-ray vision so she is one person he should be able to find anywhere. He can see lois around the world but can't find his mom next door?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-24-2020 at 07:57 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yet he couldn't find his mom down the street. Even hishe called them out on that. Man of steel even showed he used his mom to help learn how to use his x-ray vision so she is one person he should be able to find anywhere. He can see lois around the world but can't find his mom next door?
    There was reason for that as well.Gotham is a hell hole.In man you steel,when zod threatened his mom.Clark comes rushing in.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    There are rumors of Ryan Reynold's GL in Snyder cut floating around.

(I don't trust it...but I am a lurker over at SHH forums. There's a poster there who said Snyder cut would be coming a few months before and he's hinting at something, but doesn't say much. I guess we will see in August). I can't really see Reynold's GL in this universe..but if they are going with a whole multiverse things, a cameo is possible.
    Considering Reynold's feelings about Green Lantern, I doubt he'd make a cameo.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Considering Reynold's feelings about Green Lantern, I doubt he'd make a cameo.
    Perhaps..but again, considering that he went back and worked passionately to fix another one of his roles (Deadpool)...I am willing to believe that he might do the same for GL if given the chance.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Perhaps..but again, considering that he went back and worked passionately to fix another one of his roles (Deadpool)...I am willing to believe that he might do the same for GL if given the chance.
    Considering how in said role he lampooned GL and the DC films in general, I don't think there's much passion to go back and get another shot with Green Lantern...

The phantom and zorro(if i remember correctly) used to brand people. A vigilante like batman doing that wouldn't be out of character. Its a mark of shame.
    I kind of get it, but at the same time, its just an idea that I would have cut from the film to make it shorter.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Other than Reynolds' public support of the cut, I'm not sure why WB/DC would even want that. Seems like a weird thing to remind people of one of your most embarrassing bombs.