Biggest takeaway from that WSJ article is every rumor you’ve heard about Zaslov is true: he’s a penny pincher, isn’t going to green light anything he doesn’t think will give a return, and doesn’t care about making friends in Hollywood (which will likely backfire at some point given Hollywood is all about nepotism). Definitely think he’s going to lean more on the big brands going forward, but how he’ll do that is still a question mark. And yeah, the smaller projects are at risk now, Zaslov clearly doesn’t care if cancelling projects makes talent mad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Makes some sense honestly, I've felt for years the budgets on these blockbusters needed to be reeled in. No reason BvS, even with Batman and Superman, needed to cost the quarter of a billion.

Some longtime Warner Bros. executives expressed frustration that Mr. Zaslav wasn't considering their views in strategy discussions and was flirting with potential replacements. His mentality, they said, can be summed up as: Can't you crank out just hits?

Mr. Zaslav wants to use more statistics and research to determine what shows and movies the company should make, he said in a memo to employees on Monday. "As we build this new company," he wrote, "we need to be guided by data and insights to understand what's working and what's not."
    Expect to see more execs leave, maybe Emmerich and Hamada will be out too down the road depending on what happens. Clearly Zaslov isn’t seeing eye to eye with a lot of the WB people.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Wonder what this means for the Justice League Dark Abram-verse.

Apparently Zaslav namechecked the Trinity... and Aquaman.

Green Lantern's future looks a bit dark, especially if it's true about Zaslav penny pinching and sticking to the "proven bets".

He does appear to be a Superman fan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Apparently Zaslav namechecked the Trinity... and Aquaman.

Green Lantern's future looks a bit dark, especially if it's true about Zaslav penny pinching and sticking to the "proven bets".

He does appear to be a Superman fan though.
    Oh yeah, I don't think this is a good sign for the GL show or GL anything really.

Zaslov specifically said they don’t want to compete in a “spending war” for streaming. How that will play out is I don’t think the HBO Max shows are all going to have movie level CGI going forward. GL does feel a bit at risk, it’s gotta be expensive, but it seems to still be going forward for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, I don't think this is a good sign for the GL show or GL anything really.
    Well hope Hamada or whoever is in his ear tries to sell him on the character. This is a totally wishful thinking, but if Top Gun 2 proves to be successful after the many glowing reviews, maybe Zaslav wouldn't mind the concept of the aging fighter pilot training the new recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Zaslov specifically said they don’t want to compete in a “spending war” for streaming. How that will play out is I don’t think the HBO Max shows are all going to have movie level CGI going forward. GL does feel a bit at risk, it’s gotta be expensive, but it seems to still be going forward for now.
    When was the last update on that show?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well hope Hamada or whoever is in his ear tries to sell him on the character. This is a totally wishful thinking, but if Top Gun 2 proves to be successful after the many glowing reviews, maybe Zaslav wouldn't mind the concept of the aging fighter pilot training the new recruits.
    That would require someone smart enough to make the connection and care enough to push the GL brand.

That would require someone smart enough to make the connection and care enough to push the GL brand.
    I think he is smart enough to make the connection. Just hope he's smart enough to hire someone that CAN make the connection.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Latest I could find is a quote from Finn Wittrock who was cast as Guy Gardner, in February.

"I am sworn to secrecy, and especially since I am new to the DCU, I don’t want them to kick me out of the universe! But I can tell you that the script is great, and that I’m just starting to get into Guy Gardner shape!"

https://screenrant.com/green-lantern...finn-wittrock/

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Latest I could find is a quote from Finn Wittrock who was cast as Guy Gardner, in February.

"I am sworn to secrecy, and especially since I am new to the DCU, I don’t want them to kick me out of the universe! But I can tell you that the script is great, and that I’m just starting to get into Guy Gardner shape!"

https://screenrant.com/green-lantern...finn-wittrock/
    Guy shape? That's A LOT of beer drinking!

Supposedly it will start production in Sept

My guess why it’s taking so long? Originally it wasn’t going to be in the DCEU, and now it will be.

Two weeks ago.

https://www.backstage.com/magazine/a...0baafa0a1c0e0e