Page 644 of 699 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 10479
  1. #9646
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,127

    Default

    Johns was already involved in the first two movies so I don't know. I don't see Jenkins being interested in making an Amazon movie about the menfolk so I kinda doubt it.

  2. #9647
    Incredible Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Johns was already involved in the first two movies so I don't know. I don't see Jenkins being interested in making an Amazon movie about the menfolk so I kinda doubt it.
    I suspect Johns is the main reason Maxwell Lord is in the sequel, he clearly loves pushing his ideas into the movie adaptations.

  3. #9648
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Johns' involvement worries me, what if it's more Grail/Jason nonsense?
    With Johns, I figure there's a 50% chance of getting Green Lantern with Ryan Reynolds, or Stargirl. He either swings and misses, or he hits it out of the park. Mostly.

  4. #9649
    Fantastic Member Castling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I suspect Johns is the main reason Maxwell Lord is in the sequel, he clearly loves pushing his ideas into the movie adaptations.
    Pretty sure it was Greg Rucka, not Johns, who turned Max Lord into a Wonder Woman villain.
    I'm not sure how many of Johns' ideas have made it into the WW films.

  5. #9650
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,685

    Default

    The only Johns idea that made it into the movie was Diana’s enjoyment of ice cream.

  6. #9651
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,495

    Default

    Johns has never seemed all that preferential towards Max Lord, so I don't know if he had anything to do with it.

    I think Grail might show up in the Amazons show if only because Johns dealt with her more than he ever did anything Jason related and Grail is connected to the Amazons.

  7. #9652
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,685

    Default

    If they hint at Grail I’d be ok with that. I would love to see the Amazons go up against Circe and maybe her army of animal-men.

  8. #9653
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,437

    Default

    I will be able to tolerate Grail if we get an awesome Circe as well for a compromise. But Grail is a steaming pile of shit, so I'd rather just get Circe and/or Veronica Cale for future WW films.

    It's why I'm tolerating Max Lord at best because I otherwise like what we're getting for Cheetah and I at least like his actor. But I would have preferred if this was a Cheetah solo movie, as it was apparently meant to be before Max was inserted into it. Or if we have to use a male co-villain, use Psycho or Deception or even Hercules.

  9. #9654
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    3,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I will be able to tolerate Grail if we get an awesome Circe as well for a compromise. But Grail is a steaming pile of shit, so I'd rather just get Circe and/or Veronica Cale for future WW films.

    It's why I'm tolerating Max Lord at best because I otherwise like what we're getting for Cheetah and I at least like his actor. But I would have preferred if this was a Cheetah solo movie, as it was apparently meant to be before Max was inserted into it. Or if we have to use a male co-villain, use Psycho or Deception or even Hercules.
    I doubt DC will use those men as movie villains, even Dr. Psycho, unless Peter Dinklage played him, but I doubt he would.

    Those guys have a better chance appearing in the upcoming Wondergirl show.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-27-2020 at 08:56 PM.

  10. #9655
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Earth Prime
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Anyone else feel a little underwhelmed with the announced movie slates so far?

  11. #9656
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,326

    Default

    What a waste it would be to shove some lame Fourth World stuff into a show centered around the Amazons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Pretty sure it was Greg Rucka, not Johns, who turned Max Lord into a Wonder Woman villain.
    I'm not sure how many of Johns' ideas have made it into the WW films.
    Think Max becoming a villain was an editorial mandate thing.

    Johns also hasn't really done WW-centric stuff so outside of ice cream, there's not much WW he's done to really add to the films made so far.

  12. #9657
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I doubt DC will use those men as movie villains, even Dr. Psycho, unless Peter Dinklage played him, but I doubt he would.

    Those guys ha e a better chance appearing in the upcoming Wondergirl show.
    They don't have to use the dwarf version of Psycho. Earth One modernized him and could easily be translated to a movie.

    And they are Wonder Woman villains, they have more of a right to show up in the movie than Max Lord who isn't even part of her franchise. I agree that WB probably wouldn't consider using them, but they are not strangers to making weird/bad decisions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Johns also hasn't really done WW-centric stuff so outside of ice cream, there's not much WW he's done to really add to the films made so far.
    Cheetah seems to be a bit from his contributions (the "apex predator" line and seemingly wanting to become a beast), though mixed with with some Golden Age Priscilla Rich and Rebirth Minerva.

  13. #9658
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They don't have to use the dwarf version of Psycho. Earth One modernized him and could easily be translated to a movie.

    And they are Wonder Woman villains, they have more of a right to show up in the movie than Max Lord who isn't even part of her franchise. I agree that WB probably wouldn't consider using them, but they are not strangers to making weird/bad decisions.



    Cheetah seems to be a bit from his contributions (the "apex predator" line and seemingly wanting to become a beast), though mixed with with some Golden Age Priscilla Rich and Rebirth Minerva.
    Fair enough, didn't really remember that since I stopped reading Johns' JL I think before that point.

    Though I'll be honest in that I think Batman Returns Selina Kyle seems as big an influence on WW'84 Cheetah from the trailers so far as any of the comics versions, though obviously GA Priscilla also had that.

  14. #9659
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Fair enough, didn't really remember that since I stopped reading Johns' JL I think before that point.

    Though I'll be honest in that I think Batman Returns Selina Kyle seems as big an influence on WW'84 Cheetah from the trailers so far as any of the comics versions, though obviously GA Priscilla also had that.
    I don't blame you for forgetting, it was pretty bad in hindsight and didn't lead to anything

    And yeah, Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman seems to be an influence which seems fair, as she seemed to have so GA Priscilla stuff going on (though I think that was by accident instead of design).

  15. #9660
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    What a waste it would be to shove some lame Fourth World stuff into a show centered around the Amazons.



    Think Max becoming a villain was an editorial mandate thing.

    Johns also hasn't really done WW-centric stuff so outside of ice cream, there's not much WW he's done to really add to the films made so far.
    Was Johns the creator who made Diana and Barbara Ann friends before she became Cheetah or had another writer done that before him?

    I know he focused on that when he had Cheetah appear during his Justice League run.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •