I don’t know why anyone thought it was gonna be announced yesterday.

Stewart and Cruz are planned to be the faces of GL in the DCEU

Context is that this guy is someone who works in the CGI part of the film industry and has inside knowledge. He’s gotten a few things right and a few things wrong but I thought he was worth sharing for now. Seems like Cruz will be the face of the GLC show and Stewart will be the face of the movie.

Hal will still be in the movie however. Wait if Kyle isn’t in the show and he’s not in the movie does that mean he won’t show up at all?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Stewart and Cruz are planned to be the faces of GL in the DCEU

Context is that this guy is someone who works in the CGI part of the film industry and has inside knowledge. He’s gotten a few things right and a few things wrong but I thought he was worth sharing for now. Seems like Cruz will be the face of the GLC show and Stewart will be the face of the movie.

Hal will still be in the movie however. Wait if Kyle isn’t in the show and he’s not in the movie does that mean he won’t show up at all?
    Taking with a grain of salt, but thoughts:

- I'm expecting this is going to lead to emphasizing John and Jessica and probably downplaying any involvement or influence Hal had on Jessica as a character.

- Weird, if Jessica is the lead of the HBOMax show, they haven't even cast her and Simon for it. But there's a lot of weird stuff going on with that show and how radio silent it gets on any production news.

- If Hal's in it I'll expect it to be like Beware my Power where he's more of like a background/historical figure killed off or reduced to such a state that he's basically non-threatening to any other GL's and so Sinestro can fight whatever GL they need him to and maybe use other Hal storylines/characters for other GL's.

- Nobody cares about poor Kyle.

He'd predictably have a Hank Pym-like role at best. Disappointing but not unexpected at all. I guess the only thing to hope for at this point is they won't turn him into a bad guy.

In any event, never heard of "simu liu stan" before, but if they've had some accurate scoops before as Vordan mentioned, then "grain of salt" it is.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-22-2022 at 01:39 PM.

I'm pretty sure this is old news. I'd thought the logline that the film would star John with Hal as an older mentor was one of the first things we heard. Though if this is accurate I guess it does confirm the TV show will be set in the same universe and connect somehow.

I thought the GL show was a multi generational thing with Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Cruz and a new character whose an alien/human hybrid. I've heard nothing concrete about the GL movie.

The GL: Beware My Power movie is to me a much bigger indicator where they might going with GL in the future. These DTV's movies served as 'test runs' for live action movies before. Especially with Suicide Squad and GL (when First Flight came out).

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Well, Emerald Knights came out the same year as the movie and that was an anthology film about different alien Green Lanterns. Hal was only there because WB told the producers to put him in it. Which is kind of funny considering how they look at him now.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-22-2022 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I thought the GL show was a multi generational thing with Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Cruz and a new character whose an alien/human hybrid. I've heard nothing concrete about the GL movie.

The GL: Beware My Power movie is to me a much bigger indicator where they might going with GL in the future. These DTV's movies served as 'test runs' for live action movies before. Especially with Suicide Squad and GL (when First Flight came out).
    I think Simon Baz was also supposed to be in the show alongside Jessica.

I think the Justice League Dark film was commissioned as a test bed for the in-development live-action film at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He'd predictably have a Hank Pym-like role at best. Disappointing but not unexpected at all. I guess the only thing to hope for at this point is they won't turn him into a bad guy.

In any event, never heard of "simu liu stan" before, but if they've had some accurate scoops before as Vordan mentioned, then "grain of salt" it is.
    He changed his Twitter handle. His old name was Look Upon The Stars and his DC scoops have been very reliable

Edit: From what I remember, Alan Scott would be the 1940’s GL, Guy Gardner and Bree would be the 1980’s GL’s, Simon would be from the early 2000’s and Jessica would be in modern times, so makes sense she’s be the face of the show. The movie was supposed to be older Hal and a younger John
    Last edited by El_Gato; 05-22-2022 at 02:10 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    He changed his Twitter handle. His old name was Look Upon The Stars and his DC scoops have been very reliable
    Bummer then.

On a side note, what's with that sig?? You're taking a "hiatus" from DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Bummer then.

On a side note, what's with that sig?? You're taking a "hiatus" from DC?
    Oh I forgot about that sig. I was upset with the direction DC was going in and none of my favorite DC characters were appearing anywhere at the time (Jaime, Virgil, Raven). I’ve just recently come back to DC lol

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Edit: From what I remember, Alan Scott would be the 1940’s GL, Guy Gardner and Bree would be the 1980’s GL’s, Simon would be from the early 2000’s and Jessica would be in modern times, so makes sense she’s be the face of the show. The movie was supposed to be older Hal and a younger John
    I guess Simon is in the 2000's so they can set his story around 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Yep, the animated movies have been a pretty good indicator of the direction DC/WB will be going with their properties. John Stewart as the face of the GL franchise just makes sense marketing wise. He’s their most well known POC characters and the Ray Fisher situation has pretty much killed Cyborg’s push. He noticeably got buried after the controversy. So DC is in need of more diversity on their promotional Justice League roster.

I love Jessica but DC has a history of seemingly doing a “one Latino character at a time” policy. They barely acknowledge Jaime Reyes as it is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Taking with a grain of salt, but thoughts:

- I'm expecting this is going to lead to emphasizing John and Jessica and probably downplaying any involvement or influence Hal had on Jessica as a character.

- Weird, if Jessica is the lead of the HBOMax show, they haven't even cast her and Simon for it. But there's a lot of weird stuff going on with that show and how radio silent it gets on any production news.

- If Hal's in it I'll expect it to be like Beware my Power where he's more of like a background/historical figure killed off or reduced to such a state that he's basically non-threatening to any other GL's and so Sinestro can fight whatever GL they need him to and maybe use other Hal storylines/characters for other GL's.

- Nobody cares about poor Kyle.
    The 35 million dollars price tag limit is gonna hurt and DC show that has non street level stars. That 75 million planned for wonder twins would be better off for green lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yep, the animated movies have been a pretty good indicator of the direction DC/WB will be going with their properties. John Stewart as the face of the GL franchise just makes sense marketing wise. He’s their most well known POC characters and the Ray Fisher situation has pretty much killed Cyborg’s push. He noticeably got buried after the controversy. So DC is in need of more diversity on their promotional Justice League roster.

I love Jessica but DC has a history of seemingly doing a “one Latino character at a time” policy. They barely acknowledge Jaime Reyes as it is.
    Jaime should be fine, especially if his film does business. Plus with Marvel having Namor and America, DC promoting Jaime and Jessica makes perfect business sense