Page 357 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2573073473533543553563573583593603613674074578571357 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I’m officially pumped for this movie now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Damn it, my only grip is the way they seem to be portraying Cassandra Cain...

Otherwise, it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I do think Dinah has an iconic look and I hope they do some version of it but I don't think it's a necessity for this version to be "Black Canary". Wolverine and the other X-Men didn't have their iconic looks (at least not in the original trilogy and they were still those characters. Same with Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, most of The Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.
    People complained about the lack of iconic costumes for the X-Men, at least now by comparison to Marvel Studios films. At least with some of the other characters you mentioned, sans the Guardians, there were more involved attempts at adapting their comic-looks without being a one-to-one match.

But I don't think Dinah's costume would be as difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Can we just admit this is a "Harley Quinn and Gal Pals" movie at this point? I am happy to finally see Harley's hyena's in live-action.

I love how we're treating leaving Jared Leto as Joker as a bad breakup .

I think we see Helena's Catholicism and training a bit in there.

Aside from singing and that roundhouse kick, not much with Dinah. Look like she might be the closest to Harley (poor girl).

Renee seems so out-of-place in the group shot even in this movie where no one is wearing outright costumes.

I think Cass is definitively going to be the most in-name-only character in this movie. And that scene with her and Harley handcuffed...is that who Harley breaks out of the GCPD?

Harley takes offense at "chick" but not "Broad" or the other B-word?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Honestly...been not impressed with anything this film has put out before but that was a damn good trailer. The film looks like it's got style for days and I like that. This should have come out sooner.

This seems surprisingly in-line with the Harley Quinn cartoon.

I kind of like the trailer, but it looks like a HQ movie with her supporting characters.

I think Robbie realized Harley needed people around her to interact with, so she is using these women she thinks can have something in common with her and have some adventure. Really hope the others have some meaty scenes..

Incredible Member

Feel like this should be a Harley Quinn titled movie since that’s absolutely what’s happening, birds of prey was just a sticker slapped on

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Comic book people, sure. Most people beyond comic book people are going to know her from "Arrow"...which none of their versions look like these either.
    The point being, her "not looking like Black Canary" is really just "she doesn't look like I want her to". And if they had cast Kathryn Winnick but still given her the same hairstyle because that's the aesthetic they're clearly going for, I dare say the most were would be getting is; "well, I'm not sure why they gave her dreds, but YAY, KATHRYN WINNICK"!
    The criticism extends to Harley, Cassandra and Huntress who are racially accurately cast so I don't think this is a fair argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The criticism extends to Harley, Cassandra and Huntress who are racially accurately cast so I don't think this is a fair argument.
    Well...to an old version of Huntress.

But, yeah, even if I give them leeway with Dinah and Helena, Cass looks absolutely nothing like herself.

Looks good
    My only worry about this movie is the friendship between dinah and harley it can work in a story like injustice though so maybe it can work here

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Comic book people, sure. Most people beyond comic book people are going to know her from "Arrow"...which none of their versions look like these either.
    The point being, her "not looking like Black Canary" is really just "she doesn't look like I want her to". And if they had cast Kathryn Winnick but still given her the same hairstyle because that's the aesthetic they're clearly going for, I dare say the most were would be getting is; "well, I'm not sure why they gave her dreds, but YAY, KATHRYN WINNICK"!
    That must be why jared leto's joker was received well for his look Or how people were just accepting of Cavill's costume./s

Astonishing Member

This trailer feels like Harley Quinn cut it herself. It matches the zany, out-of-control, fun-loving nature of her personality quite succinctly.

I like the look of the trailer. Looks very visually dynamic and cool but I hope the writing/screenplay is a considerable step-up from Suicide Squad(the character's last appearance before this).
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I would have preferred to see more of the supporting cast. I didn't know my boy Obi Won was in the film, I guess he's Black Mask?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

That’s a really good trailer!! I wasn’t particularly interested in the movie but at least right now I’m pretty hyped. This could be the best DC film yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People complained about the lack of iconic costumes for the X-Men, at least now by comparison to Marvel Studios films. At least with some of the other characters you mentioned, sans the Guardians, there were more involved attempts at adapting their comic-looks without being a one-to-one match.

But I don't think Dinah's costume would be as difficult.

Can we just admit this is a "Harley Quinn and Gal Pals" movie at this point? I am happy to finally see Harley's hyena's in live-action.

I love how we're treating leaving Jared Leto as Joker as a bad breakup .

I think we see Helena's Catholicism and training a bit in there.

Aside from singing and that roundhouse kick, not much with Dinah. Look like she might be the closest to Harley (poor girl).

Renee seems so out-of-place in the group shot even in this movie where no one is wearing outright costumes.

I think Cass is definitively going to be the most in-name-only character in this movie. And that scene with her and Harley handcuffed...is that who Harley breaks out of the GCPD?

Harley takes offense at "chick" but not "Broad" or the other B-word?
    Trailer looks pretty good but the movie really should have just been called “Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey”. Would have solved a lot of problems and complaints.

Super happy to see the hyena!

Pretty well cut trailer but it doesn’t get me excited for the supporting cast at all. Huntress at least has her crossbow. McGregor’s take on Black Mask is...unique. Seems he’ll still enjoy torturing people like in the comics. Maybe he’ll get the mask at the end.

But at the very least the action sequences should be awesome considering who is involved with them.