Page 626 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1265265766166226236246256266276286296306366767261126 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You must not be a student of history if you think this year cannot get any worse. I know this is really inconvenient for us as DC fans wanting to see these adaptions, but come on, man. It can get a lot worse, and with 2020's track record, I don't want to list options for fear that they'd occur.
    I don't mind listing some options.
    1. A comet, meteor, or asteroid could strike the earth and kill us like the dinosaurs.
    2. A supervolcano could blow up half a country and plummet the world into a small ice age.
    3. Nuclear war with the US vs Russia and/or China.
    4. A second pandemic strikes while we're already in the midst of one.
    5. More authoritarian governments rise to power.
    6. More earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, hurricanes, droughts, wildfires, typhoons, and more natural disasters worldwide.
    7. A terrorist attack.
    8. A war, any new war breaking out.
    9. Food supplies run low and many people starve.
    10. A nuclear meltdown somewhere.
    11. Donald Trump wins re-election.

Tons of horrid ways this year can get worse. All that was off the top of my head.

Now that Jurassic World moves, I can see WB moving WW84 to June 2021... think it’s inevitable at this point

It would be kind of funny if when they transform when already adults, it's still the other actors and one of them mentions "what? It's the easiest way to get in shape."
    Somewhere around the Fandome event when they announced Shazam 2, I saw online the film's official title was going to be "Shazam 2: The Kids Now Have Facial Hair!" and I was really, really hoping that was legit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It would be kind of funny if when they transform when already adults, it's still the other actors and one of them mentions "what? It's the easiest way to get in shape."
    Lol exactly. I'm picturing Billy and Freddy just being roommates in Philly and just 'Shazaminn' anytime they go out anywhere.

Mr. Mind is also trying to take over all of creation.

Yikes, now The Batman is set to release between Thor 4 and Doctor Strange 2, the biggest upcoming MCU movies.

Feels like similar to when they tried to release Shazam between Captain Marvel and Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by JinSoul View Post
    Yikes, now The Batman is set to release between Thor 4 and Doctor Strange 2, the biggest upcoming MCU movies.

Feels like similar to when they tried to release Shazam between Captain Marvel and Endgame.
    Except it's Batman. If any DC property can compete against the MCU, it's Batman. If anything Marvel might want to move one of those out of the way.

Though if you'd asked me 10 years ago if I thought the first Justice League movie would get crushed at the box office by a Thor sequel or that the new Superman reboot would be outgrossed by a movie about Rocket Raccoon, I'd have thought you were high.

Still, the key difference here is that with Reeves' involvement, I expect The Batman will be good, and thus it'll definitely make bank.

Quote Originally Posted by JinSoul View Post

I'm thinking Dr. Strange 2 will move to occupy the Black Panther 2 May date.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I'm thinking Dr. Strange 2 will move to occupy the Black Panther 2 May date.
    Ouch. I forgot about that. I wonder how big a dent that put in the MCU's future plans. It's not like Captain Marvel is the franchise that's going to carry the burden now that the hype and hate has died down, revealing her movie as a relatively middling entry. Granted, so were Thor's movies.

I think Marvel is going to be rethinking their plan a lot and will leave space for The Batman wherever it wants to be.

So...it looks like BoP is gonna be the highest grossing comic book movie this year, right?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Though if you'd asked me 10 years ago if I thought the first Justice League movie would get crushed at the box office by a Thor sequel or that the new Superman reboot would be outgrossed by a movie about Rocket Raccoon, I'd have thought you were high.

Still, the key difference here is that with Reeves' involvement, I expect The Batman will be good, and thus it'll definitely make bank.
    Yeah, Man of Steel and Justice League didn't do so hot because they were divisive and not what people wanted from the properties. From all that we've seen so far this looks like a return to quality and what most people want from the character. I'm expecting a huge hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So...it looks like BoP is gonna be the highest grossing comic book movie this year, right?
    Well, considering that the only other comic book movies of the year was Bloodshot and The New Mutants (almost forgot that one), BOP kind of wins by default.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Green Lantern’ Series Gets Greenlight at HBO Max, Seth Grahame-Smith and Marc Guggenheim to Write

Based on the DC Comics property, the show was first announced as being in development last year. Plot details are now available for the first time, however. The show will depict the adventures of a multitude of Lanterns, including Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz and Alan Scott — Earth’s first Green Lantern, who, true to the comics, is a gay man — and many more. The series will also include fan favorites such as Sinestro and Kilowog, and will also introduce new heroes to the ranks of the Green Lantern Corps.

HBO Max has ordered 10 one-hour episodes. The series will be co-written and executive produced by Seth Grahame-Smith and Marc Guggenheim, with Grahame-Smith serving as showrunner. Berlanti Productions will produce in association with Warner Bros. Television, where Berlanti is under a rich overall deal.

Full article: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/gre...ax-1234798860/

I’m actually pretty happy with getting Simon and Jessica, I’ve loved their rebirth series. Surprised as all get out that Guy Gardner is in this over Hal, John, or even Kyle.

I do wonder how Alan Scott is going to work into this, I do really like him but I’d be lying if I said I expected him in the green lantern tv show, Stargirl sure but not here.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m actually pretty happy with getting Simon and Jessica, I’ve loved their rebirth series. Surprised as all get out that Guy Gardner is in this over Hal, John, or even Kyle.
    Likely Hal, John and Kyle are saved for the GL movie.

I do wonder how Alan Scott is going to work into this, I do really like him but I’d be lying if I said I expected him in the green lantern tv show, Stargirl sure but not here.
    From an older article:

"It’s going to span several decades on focus on two stories about Green Lanterns on Earth as well as one in space"

https://deadline.com/2020/01/green-l...ca-1202831967/

Guy and Jessica are my favorite Lanterns so I'm so thrilled by this! That being said I do also hope Hal eventualy gets his live action redemption.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 10-09-2020 at 11:23 AM.