Page 1392 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 392892129213421382138813891390139113921393139413951396 ... LastLast
Results 20,866 to 20,880 of 20948

The Rock is simply pandering I don't know why the superman fans don't see that. Black Adam and Superman have no rivalry let alone animus towards each other to warrant him trying to hype up a matchup between them. He should have been campaigning to fight Shazam but that's his problem he views fiction as one big wrestling booking gig and not actually caring about the characters.

Black Adam and the JSA failed
    Shazam is on its own in a sequel will also fail

The smart move would have been to include Black Adam in the shazam movie and then(based on the reception to that) spin off into the origin story/post shazam 2 plot with the jsa

Instead they spent maybe 600 million on two movies that will not make them a profit

These people in charge do not plan anything out and the rock and other high profile celebrities can campaign for a big paycheck through their vision instead of the other way around. Affleck did something similar with his Batman movie trying to set up a deathstroke conflict when imo you already have joker, harley quinn, and several other of his rogues gallery already cast.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Black adam normally doesn't..But,the guy basically stole superman entire shtick in the promos of dc fandome..Pandering is what these guys do.Batman fans are pandered to with their batgoat .harley quinn fans are pandered too.why shouldn't superman fans or ww fans or any other not be pandered too?

you can say that because black adam atleast for the moment has managed to make as much money as captain marvel.There isn't any guarantee that it could have.And the rock factored into that. Captain marvel can still face black adam down the road.Not to mention,jsa can get spin off.It all depends on the trejectory of income and what they feel about black adam's performance.If it's downhil then can be cut off.it's going up there is no reason not to continue.

600mil?reported production budget..200mil+100mil.reported marketing costs are guage but even these guys spent 200 mil it would only be 500mil.(I doubt they have).the have so far made. almost 800 mil from these two movies,not including merchandising and other things.

yeah! oversaturating the market with more joker and harely quinn.Deathstroke atleast would have been a nice change of pace.Some one that actually is a physical threat to batman.what is with lawyers,psychiatrists and comedians being "archnemsis" and beating up a guy who punches darkseid before breakfast and superman before lunch."Realism" of batman is overrated nonsense.I don't know about other celebrities.The rock is producing.His money is on the line.

another things they absolutely typecast(superman fans included) superman as well.Superman can't be realistic.But,batman can be as formalistic as they want or do whatever they want with him.Next thing batman will be jumping to the moon with bat jumping stilts.what a bunch of nonsense.Screw that.Superman can absolutley be the guy that doesn't fly.That doesn't have laser vision. barely lifts a car.Have him fight for the common folks robin hood style...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-17-2022 at 12:56 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    If you put the Rock as Black Adam in a Shazam sequel then you'd likely get 1 film that makes $700-$800 million. As opposed to 2 films that make that much combined, but with twice the budget.
    I thought a Black Adam movie with the Rock could stand on its own right out the gate but I was wrong. So yeah, in hindsight they probably should have gone with this route.

It may have been better to introduce him in a Shazam sequel and build him up before doing the solo. Plus it would have given Shazam and family a better villain to fight than “the gods”. In the end it could have helped both film’s box office results. I know Shazam 2 isn’t out yet but I doubt it will do much better than the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This discussion been had.There is no evidence that captain marvel facing just another villain of his will be generating that much money.It will most likely make a bit more money than captain marvel facing the seven deadly sins.Otherwise,captain marvel movies with other antagonists needs to make that much money for the inflated numbers to seem plausible.Black adam in captain marvel movie will only be that..Just another villain that will get punched down at the end of the movie.Their won't be room for anything else.The rock was a wrestler.He is gonna campaign like one.

As for the batfranchise,it spinning of in to it's on world would be ideal.The guy hovering over other franchises has been a bain.
    It's not just about Adam being in it. It's the Rock as Adam. That's what helps sell it and gives it a boost.

Didn't the first Shazam film do solid BO and had good critical reception?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It grossed $140 million domestic and ended with $366 worldwide. Basically the same as Black Adam. But Shazam is considered a success and profitable because the budget was about $100 million less than Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    The Rock is simply pandering I don't know why the superman fans don't see that. Black Adam and Superman have no rivalry let alone animus towards each other to warrant him trying to hype up a matchup between them. He should have been campaigning to fight Shazam but that's his problem he views fiction as one big wrestling booking gig and not actually caring about the characters.
    I mean there are still Snyder fans on youtube going on and on about how Batman should fight Deathstroke just because that was the original plan of the Batfleck movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It did okay but being between infinity war captain marvel and endgame hurt it.
    Showings were reduced for the demand of those films

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    https://twitter.com/fantasticmester/...yel3sUQ7M1WNNw

Looks like wb is promoting flash again. Also, no blue beetle?

I posted this one page or a few pages back,but deleted it, but since you posted about blue beetle here is some talk about it.

Black Adam A FAILURE? Is Blue Beetle In DANGER?

Last edited by mace11; 11-17-2022 at 10:26 AM.

So it’s back to gloom and doom now lol. Here is the reality, DC is not a strong brand that brings in the GA and each movie will live and die on its own merit. Right now, lesser known DC characters have a range of around 200M to 500M judging by Shazam, Birds of Prey and Black Adam performances. The A-List characters have a 600M-1B range judging by the performances of MOS, WW, SS, Aquaman, Joker and Batman. Since DC dropped the ball with the team up films (BVS, JL) the whole brand has suffered. Gunn and Safran have their work cut out for them but at least now we know they’re actually working on a shared universe Bible and building to something.

Predicting next years box office:

Shazam 2- 500M range (he’s established now)

The Flash- 800M range (last A-list character to get a solo) though OG Batman can get them that billion if the nostalgia mania is big enough

Blue Beetle- 400-500M (Unknown character being established) which would mean we’d get a sequel since the budget is only 120M and anything over 300M means a profit.

Aquaman 2- 700-800M range. It going higher depends of China not banning the film. Be prepared to deal with the Snyder and Depp fans if this film makes anything less than 1B though

2023 is looking good for DC
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I posted this one page or a few pages back,but deleted it, but since you posted about blue beetle here is some talk about it.

There's way too much doomsaying from randos on here.

Astonishing Member

Is it making money? Enough to be profitable?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Is it making money? Enough to be profitable?
    I'm not talking about Black Adam, I'm talking about Blue Beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

Blue Beetle is not in trouble. I really don’t think there is that much scrutiny being placed of the project by WB. The character is a lessen known property with a much smaller budget than Black Adam, and the star is no where near as popular worldwide. If it breaks even I’m sure WB will consider it a huge success.

If it does well WB gets those sweet sought after diversity points and another franchise to build off of for future gains. The success of Wakanda Forever must have the execs excited to have their own Latino superhero so they can tap into a new market.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-17-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Shazam had a Chinese release and was before the pandemic, right? So it is tough to really say how a Shazam movie would do now if it doesn't get a release in China and the movie theaters haven't recovered from the pandemic.