Page 812 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3127127628028088098108118128138148158168228629121312 ... LastLast
Results 12,166 to 12,180 of 20948

The Amazons in Wonder Woman's story were created by the Greek Godesses using the souls of women who died to violence and were tasked to guard the gateway to the underworld and spread the message of peace and tolerance. Why would they be limited to just white people when their entire origin is steeped in fantasy?

That's the George Perez origin. Marston's origin was that Aphrodite alone created new women out of nowhere, not pre existing souls. They were created to conquer the world with love, not to guard a doorway. And yes, they could have been from various ethnicities right from the beginning and along the way many women could have arrived at the island over the centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That's the George Perez origin. Marston's origin was that Aphrodite alone created new women out of nowhere, not pre existing souls. They were created to conquer the world with love, not to guard a doorway. And yes, they could have been from various ethnicities right from the beginning and along the way many women could have arrived at the island over the centuries.
    The only non-white Amazon we saw in pre-crisis was Nubia and she wasn't created by Marston.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The only non-white Amazon we saw in pre-crisis was Nubia and she wasn't created by Marston.
    I didn't say anything to the contrary, but I think you misunderstood what I wrote. i was saying that the amazons 3000 years ago could've have been from any ethnicity, and as time went on the island many women could have arrived there lost by the sea.

I didn't say anything to the contrary, but I think you misunderstood what I wrote. i was saying that the amazons 3000 years ago could've have been from any ethnicity, and as time went on the island many women could have arrived there lost by the sea.
    Okay then.

I know. Perez's origin just has a greater presence in my mind. I prefer the Amazons as people who experienced suffering and sought to create a refuge that was safe from said suffering.

But coming back to the main point, whether you go with Marston, Perez or even god forbid, Azzarello's origin for the Amazons, the very nature of their origin(s) makes non white Amazons totally plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I know. Perez's origin just has a greater presence in my mind. I prefer the Amazons as people who experienced suffering and sought to create a refuge that was safe from said suffering.
    I love that part too, though I dislike other aspects of his version of the amazons.

But coming back to the main point, whether you go with Marston, Perez or even god forbid, Azzarello's origin for the Amazons, the very nature of their origin(s) makes non white Amazons totally plausible.
    Totally true.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

During the Army of the Dead presentation, Zack Snyder showed an image of Wayne T. Carr's John Stewart:

I think he wants to be sued by WB or something, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    During the Army of the Dead presentation, Zack Snyder showed an image of Wayne T. Carr's John Stewart:

I think he wants to be sued by WB or something, lol.
    I wish John had made it into the Cut.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I'd rather he be introduced properly than in a glorified cameo.

Extraordinary Member

The Amazons in Wonder Woman's story were created by the Greek Godesses using the souls of women who died to violence and were tasked to guard the gateway to the underworld and spread the message of peace and tolerance. Why would they be limited to just white people when their entire origin is steeped in fantasy?
    Just for curiosity, what happened to the souls of men who dies by violence? Do they go to someplace else after death? Did they get any special task to do after death? Or do male souls just....vanish?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Just for curiosity, what happened to the souls of men who dies by violence? Do they go to someplace else after death? Did they get any special task to do after death? Or do male souls just....vanish?
    Pre-Nu52 you just go to whatever hell or heaven that is in accordance of your beliefs, which also leaves the option of your soul just vanishing if you don't believe in any. I have no idea how it works now.

Athena and Aphrodite specifically chose the souls of women. Why? You have to ask them but their response to Ares them that was basically 'why not?'.

During Gail Simone's run, Zeus felt that men would be better at carrying out the Amazon's mission so he created a group of all male warriors out of men who perished in the battlefield. He created Achillies Warkiller as his Wonder Woman counterpart. Fans called them the 'Manazons'. It was an interesting idea, but sadly even that stuff is gone now.

WB: We gave you the chance to release Snyder Cut. Now will you please leave us alone?

Snyder: Okie.

WB: No funny business?

Snyder: None at all.

WB: You'll stop feeding that mob of yours?

Snyder: Absolutely.

WB: Good.

WB (to the audience): We are releasing a GL show and this is who is going to play Guy Gardner.

Snyder: What a coincidence. I cast an actor for John Stewart and shot a scene with him in my drive way. Want to see the pictures?

WB: We are doing a Zatanna movie and thinking of casting Alexandra Daddario in the role.

Snyder: That's funny, there is a deleted scene of Jameela Jamil in a scene where she looks exactly like Zatanna.

WB: We are thinking of doing a Constantine show.

Snyder: That discarded cigarette in that one scene belonged to John Constantine! It was an easter egg!

WB: Dammit, Snyder! Cut it out! We are doing a black Superman movie.

Snyder: Squint real hard and there is a scene that hints at Calvin Ellis and Val Zod!

WB: We are getting desperate and thinking of doing a Legion of Superhero movie!

Snyder: I filmed cameo of the Legion of Superheroes with the cast of Glee!

WB: Shut up Snyder!

Snyder: Let me have my trilogy!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

WB: We gave you the chance to release Snyder Cut. Now will you please leave us alone?

Snyder: Okie.

WB: No funny business?

Snyder: None at all.

WB: You'll stop feeding that mob of yours?

Snyder: Absolutely.

WB: Good.

WB (to the audience): We are releasing a GL show and this is who is going to play Guy Gardner.

Snyder: What a coincidence. I cast an actor for John Stewart and shot a scene with him in my drive way. Want to see the pictures?

WB: We are doing a Zatanna movie and thinking of casting Alexandra Daddario in the role.

Snyder: That's funny, there is a deleted scene of Jameela Jamil in a scene where she looks exactly like Zatanna.

WB: We are thinking of doing a Constantine show.

Snyder: That discarded cigarette in that one scene belonged to John Constantine! It was an easter egg!

WB: Dammit, Snyder! Cut it out! We are doing a black Superman movie.

Snyder: Squint real hard and there is a scene that hints at Calvin Ellis and Val Zod!

WB: We are getting desperate and thinking of doing a Legion of Superhero movie!

Snyder: I filmed cameo of the Legion of Superheroes with the cast of Glee!

WB: Shut up Snyder!

Snyder: Let me have my trilogy!
    LOL, Snyder the ultimate troll

He's not letting off lol. I'm just hoping we get more casting news for the Green Lantern franchise. I hope the show at least has Kyle or Cruz. Maybe even cameos by Hal and John.