Page 553 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 534535035435495505515525535545555565575636036531053 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I also enjoyed Catwoman. I love watching bad comic book movies. I also enjoyed The Spirit and all the FF movies(used to dislike them but I’ve come around on them).

And Jonah Hex is awesome.
    Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed Catwoman and the first 2 FF movies (haven't seen the third or Jonah Hex).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because not everyone wants to watch critically acclaimed dramas or "better" cinema? Sometimes we just want mindless entertainment? I literally slept through The Godfather I was bored so much, and I'm one of the rare few who enjoyed Catwoman. There's a place for "bad" entertainment, we don't all need to watch the Apocalypse Nows of the world. I mean Sharknado has sequels.
    It had decent ratings for Syfy. That is why you saw all those sequels.

Most films eventually find an audience.

Take Night of the Demons-3 movies and a remake. Died at the box office but gained a cult following. One of the few horro movies in the 80s where the black guy saved the grirl and lived. Along with that "lip" stick scene.

Here I'm reminded of Eugene Brave Rock in Wonder Woman. He didn't like being called "Chief" in the movie, but he and Patty Jenkins sat down, talked it through, and made sure that Brave Rock felt comfortable with his role in the movie.
    Ernie Hudson was upset about his character in Congo being some dumb black guy. He also sat and talked with the producers and they rewrote the role.

Eric McCommick gave an earful to his writers and producers on TNT's Perception about Arjay Smith's doing nothing on the show. Arjay suddenly had more to do after that.

The key thing is they went to someone and talked about it instead of crying on social media.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed Catwoman and the first 2 FF movies (haven't seen the third or Jonah Hex).
    I own the Catwoman movie press kit and I think I still have the movie.

FF-I got the steelbook of the last movie and saw that movie for free (I got a free ticket from the Crush soda).

And I got Supergirl US and international version on DVD.

It doesn't need to be a good film in order for the behind the scenes drama to be trashy entertainment/enlightening.
    Sometimes it's interesting to discover things with behind the scenes.

Like the Defenders of the Earth was a sequel to 80s Flash Gordon.

Still want a BTS story on how Masters of the Universe 2 became Cyborg movie in 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

The key thing is they went to someone and talked about it instead of crying on social media.
    Sounds like that is what he tried to do before resorting to social media.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This isn't how film criticism works though. Citizen Kane isn't held up as a great film because people said it was great and no one ever talked about the film again. Its held up as a great film because it inspires conversation and has done so for multiple generations now. This is the issue I have with how the MCU is discussed, how often does one say "I watched Ant-Man 2 yesterday, I liked it" and that's it in terms of actual dialogue regarding the film's content. Most MCU discussions tend to devolve into topics regarding how a film will affect future MCU films (DCEU fans do this as well, but not anywhere near the same extent).
    Don't compare Snyder's film with Citizen Kane, none of his DCEU films have reached such heights to be beloved by the majority of the world or even Blade Runner. This isn't simply about "conversation" it's about being controversial, and polarising. Prometheus is controversial and people talk about it because it's train wreck not because they like it. People discuss the MCU with far more depth than you're suggesting, they deeply analyse it and the characters in them. Maybe because the MCU has established its foundations and the DCEU is still finding its feet.

I don't know how you can claim Snyder was abandoned when his fanbase successfully petitioned for his work can be completed. If you're a fan of Avengers, you should be a fan of Joss Whedon, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The MCU fandom seems perfectly content to never have Joss Whedon touch another MCU production, which is strange.
    This isn't about the fanbases, this is about the corporations. WB rejected Snyder's vision, they embraced Whedon's. Snyder's work was unfinished, Whedon left with all he had to say. I think they do that because they know Whedon isn't coming back any time soon and the production for Age of Ultron burnt him out, and the franchise is in safe hands. It's be great to get Whedon back but it's not needed.

I also don't get what you mean when the Russo brothers 'perfected' Joss Whedon's work (I can say a lot by the way, about your word choice. I don't even think Citizen Kane stans throw out the 'p' word that often). The Russo brothers errata-ed huge portions of Joss Whedon's character building in Winter Soldier;
    They kept his aesthetic, built on his work and did everything he did with ensembles in the Avengers movies and amplified that by 11. Its a seamless transition, unlike with Snyder where the DCEU was contributing his characters very quickly and continue to sever ties to his previous films. For example, Batman in Suicide Squad.

>>>> Why is Captain America a member of SHIELD in WS, when he refused to become a member in Avengers and was provided every reason not to join in Avengers? Hording hydra tech, SHIELD trying to nuke New York, I think there were some other reasons too
    >>>> Why did the Russo brother's abandon Joss Whedon's characterization of SHIELD? They were clearly based upon conspiracy theories about 'global elites' controlling the world as evinced by their callous decision to NUKE New York City. In WS, the 'illuminati' board members are treated like benevolent CEOS who've always tried to do right, even though they should clearly be arrested.
    The Council is from the comics, the Russo's didn't create them.

Cap was suspicious about SHIELD but it wasn't until the HYDRA reveal that he distrusted them that he wouldn't work for them. In the first Avengers movie the Avengers are group of created by SHIELD and they had official SHIELD members (Black Widow, Hawkeye).

The Russo's didn't need to follow everything Whedon did to respect his vision, and SHIELD being compromised by unsavoury people was a re-ocurring theme which destroyed them for years. Winter Soldier continued the themes from Avengers. Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam didn't for Snyder's movies. They have nothing in common with his directing style or aesthetic and far more optimistic with how they make their heroes. They're not horrible people who are controversial to the audiences. Harley does this but not like Snyder's style, it's in Deadpool's.

The Snyder Cut gained momentum and is getting its day in the sun except this looks to be a one-off and has limits. Snyder isn't coming back to headline DCEU movies again. It's being shunted to a cable network, not theatres.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Hulk was serious in infinity war and he was only shown in mostly in the beginning.
    What is this?

These movies have no concept presenting the character with some respect. Look at this, hulk and bruce banner dynamics gentlemen. This is face palm worthy. I hope they don't make silver surfur movie.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I'm pretty sure most people will agree Banner/Hulk wasn't great in Infinity War. As a fan of the MCU I'm so tired of the Russo Brothers ass kissing that fandom does. Their best work in the MCU is still The Winter Soldier and even that is a slightly overrated movie in my opinion. But that's all off topic.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Don't compare Snyder's film with Citizen Kane, none of his DCEU films have reached such heights to be beloved by the majority of the world or even Blade Runner.
    Which Blade Runner? The one acclaimed today or the one that bombed and had, at best, mixed reviews 40-something years ago?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm pretty sure most people will agree Banner/Hulk wasn't great in Infinity War. As a fan of the MCU I'm so tired of the Russo Brothers ass kissing that fandom does. Their best work in the MCU is still The Winter Soldier and even that is a slightly overrated movie in my opinion. But that's all off topic.
    The Cap stuff is some of their best work but I think they did as well as anyone possibly could with two major event movies even if I feel like they shortchanged some Avengers and went too into the comedy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What is this?
    These movies have no concept presenting the character with some respect. Look at this, hulk and bruce banner dynamics gentlemen. This is face palm worthy.
    I hope they don't make silver surfur movie.
    The title of the vid is bruce banner's funny moments not hulk.
    Anyway I don't agree with your comments.

Urg. Drama. Hopefully it will lead *somehow* to good movies and not more of whatever this mess is.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Still want a BTS story on how Masters of the Universe 2 became Cyborg movie in 1989.
    Canon ran out of money to afford the license or even more the effects required if they did not lost it. MotU 1 being released was already a minor miracle.

They did already had a lot of props and costumes though which they did not wanted to go to waste plus an overeager director who did not asked for much in addition to have an idea to get something done in a day (not literal a day, but B movie short).

Funny thing is some cable channels in the 80s and 90s still aired cyborg as the movie "masters of the universe 2: The cyborg"! Wonder how many kids were confused when he-man never showed up!

Pretty much canon wanted to get out of low budget and be the next wb so spent money on three big movies. Superman 4 (still got it's budget cut), over the top (went way over budget), and he-man.

They were planning he-man 2 and spider-man and made sets for both. The could not afford to reget the he-man and spider-man rights and made the movie cyborg with both films sets and costumes!

Also not dcu but looks like batman bad guy scarecrow is fighting scooby-doo, elvira and bill nye in a dtv movie. Strange it's only scarecrow. Wonder if batman shows up as the flash showed up in guess who scooby-doo this season.

Last edited by Gaastra; 07-03-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Whedon was trashing Snyder’s version of Justice League according to Kevin Smith.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MovieBuff...50905296474112
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Funny thing is some cable channels in the 80s and 90s still aired cyborg as the movie "masters of the universe 2: The cyborg"! Wonder how many kids were confused when he-man never showed up!

Pretty much canon wanted to get out of low budget and be the next wb so spent money on three big movies. Superman 4 (still got it's budget cut), over the top (went way over budget), and he-man.

They were planning he-man 2 and spider-man and made sets for both. The could not afford to reget the he-man and spider-man rights and made the movie cyborg with both films sets and costumes!

Also not dcu but looks like batman bad guy scarecrow is fighting scooby-doo, elvira and bill nye in a dtv movie. Strange it's only scarecrow. Wonder if batman shows up as the flash showed up in guess who scooby-doo this season.

Definitely interesting to see that a Batman villain is crossing over into Scooby Doo, possibly without Batman.

They had that Scooby Doo crossover with Batman the Brave and the Bold. I never saw that series version of Scarecrow, is this the same or different?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Which Blade Runner? The one acclaimed today or the one that bombed and had, at best, mixed reviews 40-something years ago?
    It took a long time for Blade Runner to become a cult classic, we'll have to wait until B vs S reaches that status, if it ever does.