Page 648 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1485485986386446456466476486496506516526586987481148 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 20948

Well looks like next year all the big movies are going to HBO Max so in a way none of their superhero offerings have to be successful financially in the beginning to get sequels
    So WW3 and a lot of other movies might be announced next year
    Excited for Dune I was most worried about that film being a flop but this sort of guarantees that it will get another film too
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...x-and-theaters

Sucks that the Batman had to get pushed back to 2022 but who knows
    Movie theaters probably won't recover fully until 2022 and even then its still a risk to be in places like that with a huge segment of the population that won't get vaccinated

Well goddamn looks like I'll be picking up HBOMax for at least all of 2021

Damn, I need to invest in a bigger TV and sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Well looks like next year all the big movies are going to HBO Max so in a way none of their superhero offerings have to be successful financially in the beginning to get sequels
    Excited for Dune I was most worried about that film being a flop but this sort of guarantees that it will get another film too

Movie theaters probably won't recover fully until 2022 and even then its still a risk to be in places like that with a huge segment of the population that won't get vaccinated
    Glad to know I'll safely be able to watch the films .

Rip to anyone wanting a free trial to watch WW84.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1...321275394?s=19

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post

Now we're cooking. Put it all on streaming.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

HBO Max Plotting Local International Originals Based On DC Comics IP As WarnerMedia Steps Up Global Rollout Of Streaming Service:

HBO Max is looking to make original DC Comics-based content outside of the U.S. for the first time.

Casey Bloys, Chief Content Officer, HBO and HBO Max, revealed that it was exploring what DC-related content it could make outside of the U.S. based on its library of genre titles.

This would build on HBO Max’s upcoming DC series including Peacemaker, a spin-off of James Gunn’s upcoming Suicide Squad movie starring John Cena and spin-off of Matt Reeves’ upcoming Batman film as well as its DC Universe originals such as Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, Titans and Swamp Thing, which air on the streaming service.

“We’re also going to work to see DC content in other countries outside of the U.S,” he said at the virtual Web Summit conference.

Bloys, who took oversight of programming for the streaming service in August, said, “One of the big themes of bringing HBO Max together was breaking down the silos between HBO, Warner Bros and TBS and TNT. I’d say one other silo was international.”

HBO has been producing original series in Europe, Latin America and Asia for a number of years with series including Czech crime drama Wasteland, Polish conspiracy drama The Pact. Taiwanese supernatural thriller The Teenage Psychic and raunchy Brazilian mystery La Vida Secreta de las Parejas.

“One of the things that we’re going to do with Max is that all of our international productions will eventually live on Max and we’re going to do a much better job of co-ordinating between all of the folks programming in Europe, Latin America and Asia so if there’s anything that we’re developing that has real cross-border appeal, we’ll be able to highlight that,” he said.

This comes as Head of HBO Max Global Andy Forssell revealed that it would start rolling out the HBO Max service in Europe next year, building on its plans to launch mid-year in Latin America.

“We will and need to be a global service. It’s an imperative to achieve scale,” Forssell said. “In the second half of 2021, you’ll see us start to upgrade some of the existing direct to consumer HBO services in Europe to HBO Max, double the content, a lot more capabilities, so by the end of the year both of those regions will be very active. The plan is to be in 190 countries, it’s just how fast can we do that roll-out.”

Source: https://deadline.com/2020/12/hbo-max...al-1234649813/

This is a HUGE game changer! There is no going back now and pandemic or not I feel like this will be the new normal, theatrical and streaming releases! HBO Max subscriptions about to go up big time now
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Conveniently they stopped before 2022, when The Batman drops...I wonder if they will continue this.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Conveniently they stopped before 2022, when The Batman drops...I wonder if they will continue this.
    That'll depend on how well the pandemic is under control and whether people really want to go back to theaters.

When does the next Avatar come out? That'll bring people to theaters. The only theaters that will survive will be the ones that cost a bundle and literally pummel you with A/V into your giant seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    HBO Max Plotting Local International Originals Based On DC Comics IP As WarnerMedia Steps Up Global Rollout Of Streaming Service:

HBO Max is looking to make original DC Comics-based content outside of the U.S. for the first time.

Casey Bloys, Chief Content Officer, HBO and HBO Max, revealed that it was exploring what DC-related content it could make outside of the U.S. based on its library of genre titles.

This would build on HBO Max’s upcoming DC series including Peacemaker, a spin-off of James Gunn’s upcoming Suicide Squad movie starring John Cena and spin-off of Matt Reeves’ upcoming Batman film as well as its DC Universe originals such as Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, Titans and Swamp Thing, which air on the streaming service.

“We’re also going to work to see DC content in other countries outside of the U.S,” he said at the virtual Web Summit conference.

Bloys, who took oversight of programming for the streaming service in August, said, “One of the big themes of bringing HBO Max together was breaking down the silos between HBO, Warner Bros and TBS and TNT. I’d say one other silo was international.”

HBO has been producing original series in Europe, Latin America and Asia for a number of years with series including Czech crime drama Wasteland, Polish conspiracy drama The Pact. Taiwanese supernatural thriller The Teenage Psychic and raunchy Brazilian mystery La Vida Secreta de las Parejas.

“One of the things that we’re going to do with Max is that all of our international productions will eventually live on Max and we’re going to do a much better job of co-ordinating between all of the folks programming in Europe, Latin America and Asia so if there’s anything that we’re developing that has real cross-border appeal, we’ll be able to highlight that,” he said.

This comes as Head of HBO Max Global Andy Forssell revealed that it would start rolling out the HBO Max service in Europe next year, building on its plans to launch mid-year in Latin America.

“We will and need to be a global service. It’s an imperative to achieve scale,” Forssell said. “In the second half of 2021, you’ll see us start to upgrade some of the existing direct to consumer HBO services in Europe to HBO Max, double the content, a lot more capabilities, so by the end of the year both of those regions will be very active. The plan is to be in 190 countries, it’s just how fast can we do that roll-out.”

Source: https://deadline.com/2020/12/hbo-max...al-1234649813/
    Good but a bit late for the blockbusters (i.e. WW84) between now and then. I fear a significant portion of ppl outside US who want to support the movies but cannot because either regional lockdown of the cinema or simply health worries will look for alternatives of ill repute if no official streams like HBO Max in US are offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That most likely will simply decided by the money their either made or did not made during the time. I don't think they will stop if they make more than before.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting and very, very expensive decision. Considering Netflix offered $200 for Godzilla vs Kong, which would have gone some way to making back the movie's cost, and thus minimized the loss. But...that aside, I think a practical effect of this is much lower budgets than these sorts of movies are used to. So the era of the big budget blockbuster may be over.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    That most likely will simply decided by the money their either made or did not made during the time. I don't think they will stop if they make more than before.
    That's not going to happen. Streaming a movie just isn't ever going to make as much as an old school traditional theatrical only release. The problem they face being that theatrical releases aren't going to do that anymore either.

I wonder what will be the deciding factor on whether or not a movie is considered successful/profitable. A film’s box office is usually one of the main indicators if the studio decides to make a sequel. They’re only going to be on HBO Max for a month but I can’t imagine people are going to flock to theaters even with a vaccine on the way. I’m pretty sure a third Wonder Woman movie is pretty much a sure thing, but what about the other movies?
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-04-2020 at 09:22 AM.