Page 391 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2913413813873883893903913923933943954014414918911391 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Kevin feige said captain marvel could move planets in the mcu when it comes to strength but it has not been shown yet.
    Brie Larson's Captain Marvel Is Strong Enough to 'Move Planets'
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-b...-move-planets/

Note-
    I still think mcu thor and hulk is stronger then dceu superman.
    Anyway mcu captain marvel is stronger then mcu thor,hulk and dceu superman.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-28-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Whatever they do, please just build some continuity between movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    You know, taking into account how Toby "good movies work better" Emmerich is a two-faced liar.
    Saying good movies work better is a lie now?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's comical is how little context seems to mean to you.
    Here's context Clark's mom was threatened so in a rage he took the fight from miles outside Smallville to Smallville. The Smallville fight added with the Metropolis fight is what makes it appear that Snyder's Superman didn't care about collateral damage.

WB has given the green light to Superman and Lois, a new CW spinoff show starring Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsie Tulloch. Is that the final nail is the coffin for Henry Cavill's Superman?

If there's anyone who still believed he's coming back, that probably isn't encouraging. There are exceptions (Flash, obviously) but there is a history of WB not wanting conflicting live-action portrayals of the same characters. I am guessing Titans getting to use Deathstroke and Doom Patrol getting to use Cyborg was owed to the film projects featuring those characters falling apart.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    WB has given the green light to Superman and Lois, a new CW spinoff show starring Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsie Tulloch. Is that the final nail is the coffin for Henry Cavill's Superman?
    Ok people keep trying to make this look like a bad thing, it's not though.
    Flash got a show but he still showed up Justice League and his own solo(provided a director sticks around for more than five minutes) Black Canary was on Arrow but still got to be in BoP(of course it's debatable that's a good thing), Batman had Gotham, there's Pennyworth, Batwoman, he's showing up in Titans but he's still getting a film.
    Point is this doesn't mean anything bad.
    There's YMMV on whether Cavill will stay but point is this doesn't need to mean anything bad for the future of Superman movies in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    If there's anyone who still believed he's coming back, that probably isn't encouraging. There are exceptions (Flash, obviously) but there is a history of WB not wanting conflicting live-action portrayals of the same characters. I am guessing Titans getting to use Deathstroke and Doom Patrol getting to use Cyborg was owed to the film projects featuring those characters falling apart.
    I wonder who Batwoman has access to what with the Batman movie coming up.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder who Batwoman has access to what with the Batman movie coming up.
    I haven't checked the show out yet, but I could see a case of limits breeding creativity and promoting lesser known characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I haven't checked the show out yet, but I could see a case of limits breeding creativity and promoting lesser known characters.
    They've namedropped Riddler, Killer Croc, and Joker but that could be as much as they're able to get away with.

I'm not saying they should use the A-listers, give Kate her own Rogues Gallery, but I'm just curious who they can use given how notorious DC is with a lack of overlap between TV and movies.

Which also makes me think the delays on The Flash film has basically been a boon for the TV show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Ok people keep trying to make this look like a bad thing, it's not though.
    Flash got a show but he still showed up Justice League and his own solo(provided a director sticks around for more than five minutes) Black Canary was on Arrow but still got to be in BoP(of course it's debatable that's a good thing), Batman had Gotham, there's Pennyworth, Batwoman, he's showing up in Titans but he's still getting a film
    In every case you just described there was no real conflict between the movies and the TV shows because the latter were mainly spin-offs which dealt with secondary characters or the main character of the TV series was not the main character of the movie (or the other way round). WB's unwritten rule about avoiding conflicts between portrayals of the characters in the movies and the TV series has generally been proven true.
    The main character of this Superman and Lois TV series is Superman. Classic Superman, with costume and everything. Not Smallville Superman, who was pretty discernible from Kal-El in Superman Returns. I really don't think that we should expect a live action Superman anytime soon.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    In every case you just described there was no real conflict between the movies and the TV shows because the latter were mainly spin-offs which dealt with secondary characters or the main character of the TV series was not the main character of the movie (or the other way round). WB's unwritten rule about avoiding conflicts between portrayals of the characters in the movies and the TV series has generally been proven true.
    The main character of this Superman and Lois TV series is Superman. Classic Superman, with costume and everything. Not Smallville Superman, who was pretty discernible from Kal-El in Superman Returns. I really don't think that we should expect a live action Superman anytime soon.
    Flash was planned to get a movie alongside the TV show. He is still getting one, i think. Live action can still happen.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if there will still be a new live action superman in the upcoming supergirl movie.
    I think that will still happen while the new superman show is on cw plus if krypton show returns they may show superman in that universe and the titans universe.
    The batman and supergirl movie will be in dceu 2 universe.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-29-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Flash was planned to get a movie alongside the TV show. He is still getting one, i think. Live action can still happen.
    Have you seen the Flash movie, or any real development on that front in the latest years?
    Exactly.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Have you seen the Flash movie, or any real development on that front in the latest years?
    Exactly.
    That is only because they just had disagreements. That isn't connected their unwillingness to have multiple versions. They also would have gone through with it if it hadn't for jl and directors splitting regardless of tv show. Also, isn't supergirl also happening. How does that not conflict?
    Edit - at the end of the day i will concede that there is nothing good planned for superman that is of great quality by wb
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-29-2019 at 05:30 AM.