Page 1314 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 31481412141264130413101311131213131314131513161317131813241364 ... LastLast
Results 19,696 to 19,710 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know there were rumors about them doing a Luthor film but I don't know how substantial they are.
    Reports Philips were Philips was going through the scripts of Wall Street and Wolf of Wall Street and just inserting Luthor's name in place of Gordan Gekko/Jordan Belfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Reports Philips were Philips was going through the scripts of Wall Street and Wolf of Wall Street and just inserting Luthor's name in place of Gordan Gekko/Jordan Belfort.
    I thought they would probably do something like Cards or that riffs on him being President.

Some positive news about a DC associated actor.

John Cena breaks the Guinness World Record for most Make-A-Wish-Foundation wishes granted

A real life hero!
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-24-2022 at 09:07 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

John Cena breaks the Guinness World Record for most Make-A-Wish-Foundation wishes granted

A real life hero!
    A rare event, but a welcome one.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

A real life hero!
    That's awesome .

I have a feeling this movie will be surprisingly good.

Yeah, so far, no red flags. This might actually be fun.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Even if they just adapt Stjepan Sejic's Harleen with a few musical numbers, they'll have a pretty strong awards contender on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I just don’t think Black Adam has the scope for his own movie quite honestly. Especially with an actor as 1 dimensional as The Rock. I also don’t think a character needs to be built up in their own solo movie in order to cross over as a villain in another character’s film. In fact, I think that’s the worst way to do it. The fun of a villain is the mystery that surrounds them and their objective, getting to know them at the same time as the hero. In my mind, there is no fun in just seeing the CGI punch up eventually, it’s about getting to know the characters. BvS didn’t have to fail, but it did because it tried too much.

In regards to what you’re saying about RDJ as Iron Man - this situation is more like Mickey Rourke wanting a Whiplash movie first, or Tom Hiddleston wanting a Loki movie before Thor, or Michael Shannon wanting a Zod movie, or Jesse Eisenberg wanting a Luther movie first etc

If they wanted to build Black Adam as a big bad, they could have built it through other films in the franchise, and lead up to it. Instead it just comes across as another Rock film where makes sure his contract makes him be the strongest in the room.

I wouldn’t want a Joker movie or a Magneto movie, or a Red Skull movie either. Setting up a future villain by giving them their own movie just doesn’t interest me, and it seems like they’re stretching the storyline for the sake of Dwayne Johnson’s ego, as opposed to him fitting his character into a good story
    Why should heroes only get movies.
    As for the Rock, he was labeled to play Black Adam a long time ago, before he became a household name. As time wore on, he used his clout to get it made. Kudos to him, otherwise it may be stuck in development hell.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Why should heroes only get movies.
    As for the Rock, he was labeled to play Black Adam a long time ago, before he became a household name. As time wore on, he used his clout to get it made. Kudos to him, otherwise it may be stuck in development hell.
    He's been a household name since late 90's I wasn't even watching wrestling anymore and knew who he was back then.

Yeah it sounds like people are confusing cause and effect. They didn't decide to make a Black Adam movie and cast the Rock because they wanted to build him up for future crossovers. They made a Black Adam movie and are setting him up for future crossovers because the Rock is a huge star and wants to make it.

James Gunn debunking more bullshit.

There's a rumor the Black Canary film will feature a martial arts tournament. http://https://twitter.com/LookUponT...r9euBqGlUyYqqw

Green Arrow will appear initially as an enemy, although he and Dinah are on a similar mission. https://twitter.com/LookUponTheSta/s...U8N4_U3qA&s=19

Not sure what the credibility of whoever this is but I've seen other sources post about it.

And, the artist for Static says a movie is still in the works behind the scenes. https://twitter.com/nikdraperivey/st...cFhL2HF18KVGDw
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I'm happy for the Static movie.

Still not sure if Black Canary will actually get made, but the premise sounds fitting. Shiva would probably be the final boss.

Huge breath of fresh air for me hearing news that the Static movie is still in production.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"