Hmmmm...I think Black Adam will become Parallax!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Walk?

They can't even crawl straight.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Honestly, why would they go with COIE in the first place? Yes, I get that it's a pivotal event in the DCU but it's also a lot of spectacle with little substance. Some of the biggest emotional moments like the death of the Supergirl or Helena Wayne being distraught because she no longer exists on this new Earth loses it's impact because history has been re written and those aforementioned characters are forgotten.
    This is the studio who did Death of Superman in their second film. They don't go "why" just, "it made money that one time" without really analyzing why it made money.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-10-2022 at 05:04 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

This is the studio who did Justice League without Superman until the last act they clearly like to rush to things.

Astonishing Member

Should had done Zero Hour instead. And bam erase and replace what you don't want to exist.

Incredible Member

WB Discovery are considering 3 scenarios for ‘THE FLASH’:

1) Ezra Miller giving an interview explaining their erratic behavior & then doing limited press

2) Ezra Miller plays no part in the film’s promotion

3) They completely scrap the film

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...rs-1235196919/

I'm gonna go with 3. I have no interest in seeing the movie. Reasons: 1) I can't stand Ezra and 2 ) They shouldn't do a multiverse/Flashpoint movie without an established universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    WB Discovery are considering 3 scenarios for ‘THE FLASH’:

1) Ezra Miller giving an interview explaining their erratic behavior & then doing limited press

2) Ezra Miller plays no part in the film’s promotion

3) They completely scrap the film

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...rs-1235196919/

I'm gonna go with 3. I have no interest in seeing the movie. Reasons: 1) I can't stand Ezra and 2 ) They shouldn't do a multiverse/Flashpoint movie without an established universe.
    I think they’ll go with a mix between 1 and 2 - an interview to explain it all, then no press. These days the memes would go viral regarding any promotion he does.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Again, I don't think it's so much about the CW as it just feeling repetitive since the TV Crisis basically did about the same thing a movie Crisis would do. I'm also just not sure how much more they could do with it cinematically other than a bigger budget.

At least an animated Crisis is a novel concept because of all the various, popular, animated DC properties and universes.

I don't think Johnson will commit to Adam being that much of an antagonist.
    Sure he would. He's played heels before after all. Guy just wants to be the center of something, doesn't matter how. Which is why he shouldn't be allowed any say in the direction WB takes with the DC stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Honestly, why would they go with COIE in the first place? Yes, I get that it's a pivotal event in the DCU but it's also a lot of spectacle with little substance. Some of the biggest emotional moments like the death of the Supergirl or Helena Wayne being distraught because she no longer exists on this new Earth loses it's impact because history has been re written and those aforementioned characters are forgotten.

If I had to pick an event to adapt for a live action universe, I would pick:

-Emerald Twilight/Zero Hour/Final Night saga. Done right, Hal Jordan losing his city, snapping, becoming a villain who tries to recreate the universe and then trying to redeem himself by saving the world and later becoming the Spectre to atone for his sins could make for an incredible story arc.

-Infinite Crisis: the world's heroes being in disarray and a group of 'heroes' from another universe showing up to claim they can help create a better world if they just give up the ones they currently live in.

-World of New Krypton: Superman unleashing a million Kryptonians on earth, not all whom play as nice as he does and having to play mediator between the Kandorians whilst everyone else deals with the fall out is one of the most exciting that ever happened in Superman comics. It also allowed so many supporting characters like Steel, Kimiyo Hoshi, Captain Atom and Zachary Zatara to take the spotlight.

-Sinestro Corps War: Self explanatory.
    WB doing any of those would be a disaster. Because they all have huge casts of character each with their own complex history knowledge of which was required and supplied in the comics by fans who had been following those characters for years. The average movie going might as well be watching random video game cut scenes that look nice, but don't tell a coherent story. It would have been like Marvel trying to do Endgame after two or three movies. No one would have cared.

I would stay away from huge scale crossover plans until you can establish all the characters you need audiences to like or hate, but at least understand, in order to make the whole thing work, and WB isn't great at patience. Or much of anything, to be honest.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    WB doing any of those would be a disaster. Because they all have huge casts of character each with their own complex history knowledge of which was required and supplied in the comics by fans who had been following those characters for years. The average movie going might as well be watching random video game cut scenes that look nice, but don't tell a coherent story. It would have been like Marvel trying to do Endgame after two or three movies. No one would have cared.

I would stay away from huge scale crossover plans until you can establish all the characters you need audiences to like or hate, but at least understand, in order to make the whole thing work, and WB isn't great at patience. Or much of anything, to be honest.
    I don't think he was suggesting they do those movies right from the start, rather just suggesting crossover plots they could work towards.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't think he was suggesting they do those movies right from the start, rather just suggesting crossover plots they could work towards.
    At the ten year mark I can see. But not much before that.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

It would be incredibly stupid to expect to receive no questions about the ezra drama
    Not sure how that isn't going to impact the promotion

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Maybe. But again, patience isn't a virtue over at WB, it seems. They'd get impatient for the really big bonuses, and schedule the climatic movie two years away.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    It would be incredibly stupid to expect to receive no questions about the ezra drama
    Not sure how that isn't going to impact the promotion
    Well, they can't use him in the marketing, which is an issue since the movie has his character's name in the title.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Maybe. But again, patience isn't a virtue over at WB, it seems. They'd get impatient for the really big bonuses, and schedule the climatic movie two years away.
    God, I hate that you're right. So, so much.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I know I have no intention of seeing this. I was on the fence/lukewarm even before the Miller stuff came out just because it looks like we're not getting a Superman sequel anytime soon. Now it's a non-starter with me. If they did COIE how would that work? Keaton as a Batman. Would Routh return as Superman? Would Hoechlin make a guest appearance? Even the Arrow-verse version required pulling a lot of strings and they managed to get some good ones. Would Lynda Carter reprise her role as WW? The whole premise behind COIE is that it's more than one universe. Now, something like Flashpoint would make a lot more sense. But they can't even get Cavill to come back.
    Assassinate Putin!