Page 863 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3637638138538598608618628638648658668678739139631363 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,945 of 20948
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think this has been long term plan back when they started turning Black Adam into more of an ant-hero than a villain. Unlike Shazam they can promote Black Adam with his original name and he is edgier character. And we all know that DC likes some edge.
    For me,it's not that black adam's edge in the trailers atleast.it's more the dude is
    goldenage superman in many ways and he can be more.The personality,the backstory..etc.Kahndaq is really metropolis.We got overselves a new gladiator...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah!black adam screams a bigger franchise..
    Billy's the one with the mythos, though, and Black Adam's part of that mythos.
    I suspect at the end of the day they would put black adam as the central figure of shazam family.. his chair/throne is waiting..
    Well, yeah, I think the idea is that Billy and his family will be there to accept and redeem Adam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Something the Snyder fans are very heated about. Shazam will be fine, but he will be in the shadow of the Rock.
    I feel like they're respective movies will be aiming for two different audiences. I'm kind of curious to see how it comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Billy's the one with the mythos, though, and Black Adam's part of that mythos.

Well, yeah, I think the idea is that Billy and his family will be there to accept and redeem Adam.
    Well joker did solo act.It wouldn't be the first time a spin off became bigger than the franchise it spawned..Black adam could be bonkers...

I hope the redemption is not him basically adopting their outlook on things and becomes "good" guy..Black adam is kickass if he is like in the trailers.We already have a tamed superman..No need for a repeat..Sure,he might change in ways regarding somethings.But,this guy doesn't belong in chains..

Well joker did solo act.It wouldn't be the first time a spin off became bigger than the franchise it spawned..Black adam could be bonkers...
    Joker's not bigger than Batman.
    I hope the redemption is not him basically adopting their outlook on things and becomes "good" guy..Black adam is kickass if he is like in the trailers.We already have a tamed superman..No need for a repeat..Sure,he might change in ways regarding somethings.But,this guy doesn't belong in chains..
    I think it defeats the point and what Billy is meant to stand for if there isn't some self-realization on Adam's part that at least part of his ideology was wrong or misguided. He was a failed champion that went too far.

(If he acts like a Supervillain or goes too far, I think he belongs in chains. Not that that's true for the movie version but it's true for the comic version).

Joker's not bigger than Batman.

I think it defeats the point and what Billy is meant to stand for if there isn't some self-realization on Adam's part that at least part of his ideology was wrong or misguided. He was a failed champion that went too far.

(If he acts like a Supervillain or goes too far, I think he belongs in chains. Not that that's true for the movie version but it's true for the comic version).
    That depends.Joker made what?a billion?with less than half the budget..Joker is pretty big.Besides,there are other franchises.
    Depends on what's this "too far" business is.This whole " i agree with what you are saying.But,i don't agree with the way your doing it.. violence is bad" thing is done to death and boring

Look,anyone who lived what? A 1000yrs? and seen bloodshed would tell you violence is bad.The guy was put in chains.If empty words and talks could have changed that kinda **** back then or even now.Then there wouldn't have been any violence.Suddenly a kid comes along and changes that mind.ya! That's nonesense.

billy is a good kid.He could be a role model(yeah!better than a grown man playing jesus).He's king arthur or a shining knight.He could be a real symbol.This idea that everyone needs to be take that kid's outlook or be a hero is bogus..what about having diverse opinions?a failed champion,still has all the qualities of a champion.

i don't care what he acts like.Everyone has the right to be free and live.Those who say otherwise need to prove they are legitimate authority..otherwise i wouldn't mind if the guy break all the chains.So,burden is not on black adam.But,on the heroes.To prove that their ways are worth something.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-02-2021 at 10:41 AM.

That depends.Joker made what?a billion?with less than half the budget..Joker is pretty big.Besides,there are other franchises.
    Depends on what's this "too far" business is.This whole " i agree with what you are saying.But,i don't agree with the way your doing it.. violence is bad" thing is done to death and boring

Look,anyone who lived what? A 1000yrs? and seen bloodshed would tell you violence is bad.The guy was put in chains.If empty words and talks could have changed that kinda **** back then or even now.Then there wouldn't have been any violence.Suddenly a kid comes along and changes that mind.ya! That's nonesense.

billy is a good kid.He could be a role model(yeah!better than a grown man playing jesus).He's king arthur or a shining knight.He could be a real symbol.This idea that everyone needs to be take that kid's outlook or be a hero is bogus..what about having diverse opinions?a failed champion,still has all the qualities of a champion.

i don't care what he acts like.Everyone has the right to be free and live.Those who say otherwise need to prove they are legitimate authority..otherwise i wouldn't mind if the guy break all the chains.So,burden is not on black adam.But,on the heroes.To prove that their ways are worth something.
    I mean, Joker's Batman's archenemy and that's part of why he's as big as he is.

Adam's background is important to take into account in terms of his values and how he reacts to the world, but not necessarily in a positive way. That's supposed to be what Billy represents. Adam still has Shazam's powers, but he ended up abusing them for what he believed were the right reasons, but he went too far. That's, like, the whole deal with the dynamic between Billy and Adam.

Although I guess I'm more a believer in Billy's POV than I am Adam's.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That looks way better than the concept art and the Snyder suit. The only thing that looks off are the lightning ears.

Gold boots .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The guy who leaked the Flash suit saw also Superman on set:

https://twitter.com/crypt0dad_/statu...92214474637314

….and the twists keep coming. Who will it be? Cavill? Routh? Dear God, imagine if it’s Cage
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    ….and the twists keep coming. Who will it be? Cavill? Routh? Dear God, imagine if it’s Cage
    Chris Reeve body double. The one and only Superman.

Joking aside, it has to be Cage or Cavill.

So it's not just Supergirl? I guess it's either a body-double or an actual Superman actor to establish their version of Supergirl.

So it's not just Supergirl? I guess it's either a body-double or an actual Superman actor to establish their version of Supergirl.
    Way back when the Supergirl film rumors were floating around, there were rumors that the “new” Superman might debut in Supergirl’s movie. It’s possible they could be doing a new actor, but I think it will likely be a returning one.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Oh please let it be Cage.
    **** yes.

Well he’s saying it’s Cavill:

The Routh redemption film continues to be denied me

Of course he could be lying about Cavill being in there so who knows?