Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The test screenings for Flash seemingly indicated it and the sources on those like Viewer Anon were fairly reliable. Specifically a scene at the end where Aquaman seems to act like he’s always known Supergirl and is confused when Barry tells him there used to be a Superman instead. That scene got described by a few different sources so I can totally buy it at least was the plan at first, especially with WB’s history of dumbass decisions.

The first look at Sabbac.

Really putting the demon in Sabbac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    spoilers:
    It's Aquaman being drunk and making a joke about Supergirl using being a man (SM).
    end of spoilers It's a joke in a middle credit scene. It's not going to "transgendering" SM going forward.
    That sounds pretty dumb.

I see the "trans joke" mean nothing for the future of the SM's franchise. We see things differently, it's ok. I don't see how there could've ever been such a plan if they have the marketing/hype surrounding BA telling otherwise. This wasn't just The Rock hyping himself, you know. It's also WB marketing.

Supergirl is also a SM's legacy character, you should expect SM in her solo like BM is in Batgirl by default.

If you'll see SM played by an actual actor, you'll change your mind I guess?

In what, Flash or Black Adam? Either way, nah, not really. Because depending on when the scene was actually shot it could've been (obviously) after said plans for removing the character were dropped. Even the Black Adam cameo could have an actual actor inserted down the line if it's a shot-reverse-shot setup.

Again if I hear that was never ever the plan I'll gladly concede, but as of now I'm not convinced.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That sounds pretty dumb.
    A thing that a drunken dudebro would say. :-p

In what, Flash or Black Adam? Either way, nah, not really. Because depending on when the scene was actually shot it could've been (obviously) after said plans for removing the character were dropped. Even the Black Adam cameo could have an actual actor inserted down the line if it's a shot-reverse-shot setup.

Again if I hear that was never ever the plan I'll gladly concede, but as of now I'm not convinced.
    The cameo in Black Adam was something even the producer mentioned years ago, I think. They wanted SM there because they listen to the fans as also The Rock keeps saying. The setup for the sequel was to be expected, as they talked about the sequel with SM like every week for the past years, lol. Months ago, I even said to expect such a thing in the movie, and, I would've decided by then if SM was done or not. Instead of being forced to do so based on some troll's fake rumors (this is how this thing originated along with Aquaman and WW being "erased" from the JL, lol). I'm factual, sorry. ;-)

2 of my comments I found:

What's the next DCEU film? Black Adam? If Superman isn't in the post credit scene, he's done for me. The Flash is too far away.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Black Adam will have a post credit scene with The Rock seeing SM on TV to tease a future fight, like Venom 2's post-credit, lol.
    It was always right in front everyone's face what the plan was.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-01-2022 at 12:43 PM.

The cameo in Black Adam was something even the producer mentioned years ago, I think. They wanted SM there because they listen to the fans as also The Rock keeps saying. The setup for the sequel was to be expected, as they talked about the sequel with SM like every week for the past years, lol. Months ago, I even said to expect such a thing in the movie, and, I would've decided by then if SM was done or not. Instead of being forced to do so based on some troll's fake rumors (this is how this thing originated along with Aquaman and WW being "erased" from the JL, lol). I'm factual, sorry. ;-)
    Yeah, I know it's been rumored and speculated forever. I'm not sure what you want from me at this point. I've said I'm not convinced and that if we get something from someone involved saying that was never the case, I'll gladly say it was false. But as of now I'm skeptical.

Yeah, I know it's been rumored and speculated forever. I'm not sure what you want from me at this point. I've said I'm not convinced and that if we get something from someone involved saying that was never the case, I'll gladly say it was false. But as of now I'm skeptical.
    Just pointing there was always a plan involving SM being made explicit every month. It's fine, we can just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No it wasn’t, that’s why they switched from the original plan of a stand-alone Superman trilogy to the shared universe in the first place. MoS made less profit than Shazam which is why there’s a Shazam 2 but there will be no MoS2.

Did you miss all the pay disputes that surrounded the MCU or something? RDJ forcing Disney to pay his co-stars more by threatening to walk away? Scarlet suing Disney?

This is naive. It’s always about money.

That’s true, he likely would do better than any of the execs at WB.

He and Affleck were the “faces” of the DCEU which means rightly or wrongly they are associated with the state it’s in. The general audience associates Cavill with three poor showings as Superman in MoS, BvS, and JL. There’s no real affection or attachment to his version of the character. He also comes with a toxic fanbase of Snyderbros who only want him to show up under Snyder’s direction and will raise a fuss on social media if he’s not. Finally he hasn’t been playing ball with WB and instead has made life difficult for them. He pulled out on doing the Shazam cameo literally on the day it was supposed to be shot for example. In contrast Ezra has shot all the cameos they wanted him to which is why WB is affording Ezra more leeway. I don’t really blame Cavill for playing tough with WB but it hasn’t endeared him to the execs and means there’s no one in his corner anymore.

It’s far easier to simply drop him and recast the role, most people wouldn’t care if Cavill departed since his portrayal was hardly beloved. That WB hasn’t done that is because they’re incompetent morons who were initially planning on erasing Superman entirely from the shared universe, but the Discovery merger seems to have changed that.

They’re leaving the door open for Affleck to return one last time in a Crisis movie, but he will not be the Batman of the shared universe going forward. Keaton will be the guy cameoing in Batgirl, Aquaman 2, and any future DC or JL movies.
    Ya see I am not into all the behind the scenes stuff with comic films. I just go see them. All of them. The good and the bad.

I was fine with Cavill as Superman. It was Snyder and other that ruined it. Just my opinion I guess.

So now we get a recast. Ok. I am ok with that I guess. I just want Superman. A good Superman. With a good writer and a good script and WB and DC both standing strongly behind Superman. Just like they do with Batman.

Like other have said...I dont want a Superman just to be a punching bag for Black Adam.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I just want a big budget live action adaption of this

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Like other have said...I dont want a Superman just to be a punching bag for Black Adam.
    Wait to see how the JSA & Hawkman will be treated in the first movie. It'll give us an idea of what to expect for SM's treatment.

I totally agree. That is exactly what I want.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Baggage? So its money? LOL!!!
    I was thinking more that he's the most divisive Superman we've ever had and half the fandom wants him gone when I said baggage. I don't know why you assumed that baggage meant money - I listed money separately when I said that he wants too much, and he does.

I hated Man of Steel but it still brought in tons of $$$ and was a huge success. Just because you do not like him still cant change the facts.
    A financial success, like Batman v Superman, but highly divisive and split in popularity which ultimately led to the DCEU imploding with JL and put in a hole it's still crawling out of, but sure...

Money. That is funny. Look at what Disney and Marvel did with paying their actors. They stuck around for 10 or more years, did a great job and people kept coming back to the theaters.
    Pretty sure Disney pays popular actors more. Cavill isn't a draw, he doesn't have the star power to be worth what he's asking.

Creative control? He would probably have a better say than what they did with that character. WB and DC has no idea how to use him at all. Look what they did back in 2006 with that awful Superman Returns.
    You can say that, but he has no creative credits to his name. He's never produced or directed or written anything ever, and he hasn't earned them the kind of return for them to overlook said inexperience of creative credit.

What other baggage does Cavill have?
    Again, being a divisive actor from a divisive movie lacking in star power and box office draw asking for more money than he's proven he's worth and asking for more creative control despite having no creative background. Never mind all this playing hardball with the studio has kept Superman out of film to the point all the cameos are faceless.

Like the fact that WB could waste money on him isn't the best argument.

You were the one who said you’d rather he just be removed from continuity. I’m the one saying the post credit tease says to me they’ve likely reversed course on that.
    I know, but my point was I rather that than have him beaten up for the Rock's ego. That didn't change. I never said that it was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    There will be an animated crossover with RWBY, Set in the world of the RWBY/Justice League Crossover Comics
    Well that's my good news of the week, woot!

Same here.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I would be rooting for whomever does the
    "You fight for the wizard?
    I fight for those who can't fight for themselves"
    Gimmick.
    it doesn't looke like superman is doing that and black adam feels like "eff you!!you ain't putting me in chains no more" in the promo..so

That fight is cool though..Superman actually having hand to hand and 360 degree combat is something i love.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

RWBY/Justice League movie announced for 2023

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/r...os-1235307968/