Page 649 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1495495996396456466476486496506516526536596997491149 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 20948
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That's not going to happen. Streaming a movie just isn't ever going to make as much as an old school traditional theatrical only release. The problem they face being that theatrical releases aren't going to do that anymore either.
    Unquestionably true, for the first part (cheaper movies would have to be made via streaming, too), but the second part is still a question mark for the future.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder what will be the deciding factor on whether or not a movie is considered successful/profitable. A film’s box office is usually one of the main indicators if the studio decides to make a sequel. They’re only going to be on HBO Max for a month but I can’t imagine people are going to flock to theaters even with a vaccine on the way. I’m pretty sure a third Wonder Woman movie is pretty much a sure thing, but what about the other movies?
    Right now a successful movie is one that drives HBO MAX subs. Anything that does that will be a success. So while I expect the Snyder Cut to be a flop critic wise as usual for Snyder, it may get enough people to sign up for HBO Max that it’s considered a success.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Unquestionably true, for the first part (cheaper movies would have to be made via streaming, too), but the second part is still a question mark for the future.
    True enough about the second part. IMO, it will take at least another year or two to see if the theatre sector ever recovers fully...but given the moves WB just made, it doesn't seem like it will...how many people will pay theatre prices when they can see the movie same day at home with their own cheaper candy, popcorn, and soda or beer? I wouldn't. Remember that Dustin Hoffman movie about a pandemic, late 90s IIRC? The big spreader scene was in a crowded movie theatre...

Ever since I saw that, I've been a bit nervous in theatres, and I imagine I'm not alone now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Right now a successful movie is one that drives HBO MAX subs. Anything that does that will be a success. So while I expect the Snyder Cut to be a flop critic wise as usual for Snyder, it may get enough people to sign up for HBO Max that it’s considered a success.
    But...how do they know which movie drives how many subs? They don't seem to have numbers on that, or a way to develop them. At best, you might develop a weak correlation, not causation.

But...how do they know which movie drives how many subs? They don't seem to have numbers on that, or a way to develop them. At best, you might develop a weak correlation, not causation.
    Views I’m guessing. The stuff that gets viewed more is treated as a draw for the service. There are also surveys they probably send out, Netflix does that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They have to stay for more than one month to be charged for that subscription. Some will jump on for that free week and others will stay long enough to see it and cancel.

You would need at least a million (based on subscription price to match what was spend on Snyder's film).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Cat Vasko to Pen Female-Starring Plastic Man Movie (Exclusive): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ovie-exclusive

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Cat Vasko to Pen Female-Starring Plastic Man Movie (Exclusive): https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ovie-exclusive
    I also can't wait for the female starring Superman movie. Also the Batman movie starring a woman as Bruce Wayne/Batman. And the one....isn't this getting a little ridiculous.

I'm not at all against more female-led Superhero movies, but gender-flipping Plastic Man is kind of random.

Is this still going to be Eel O'Brien? I can't really see anybody else as Plastic Man, but I also can't see Eel O'Brien as anything but a dude.

It's just weird. I don't think Plastic Woman quite rolls off the tongue as well.

WTF?!? With all the great female characters DC has who have yet to be portrayed in live action, they feel the need to gender swap Plas.

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of. Why? Who the hell is this for? Why not Black Canary or Vixen or Hawkgirl or an actual female character people care about? What’s the status on Superman or Green Lantern or any of the other big guns? Christ WB is still throwing **** at the wall.

Is it because Plastic Man's costume doesn't have pants? I dunno, that just came to me .

I also can't wait for the female starring Superman movie. Also the Batman movie starring a woman as Bruce Wayne/Batman. And the one....isn't this getting a little ridiculous.
    It is a little weird. If Plastic Man were an obscure superhero, what the heck, but he is fairly well known (at least his name is, at any rate).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it because Plastic Man's costume doesn't have pants? I dunno, that just came to me .
    Yeah, that costume wouldn't work too well on a guy in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It is a little weird. If Plastic Man were an obscure superhero, what the heck, but he is fairly well known (at least his name is, at any rate).
    And doesn't "Plastic Woman" have kind of a negative connotation to it?