Page 612 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1125125626026086096106116126136146156166226627121112 ... LastLast
Results 9,166 to 9,180 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Are you really trying to suggest that MoS is less popular than Superman Returns?

I think they should try to keep to the continuity they have already, which already has a fan base. You can perform a soft reboot like they did for Thor 3 and go in a different direction with a different creative team.
    I'm suggesting that neither take is well liked, and the existing continuity's fanbase isn't for that Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm suggesting that neither take is well liked, and the existing continuity's fanbase isn't for that Superman.
    Existing fanbase? They are mostly fans of superdad kinda portrayal where the guy is a savior, acts like your dad, shoves morality lessons... Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Snyder's getting the Cut in a HBO mini-series, that's why. The Snyder Cut isn't Snyder's return to DCEU cinema, it's a last hoorah. It's not retconning canon DCEU like Whedon's Justice League did. He's not taking control back of the DCEU, that's over.
    What canon? There isn't a continuity to begin with at this point. Personally, i am only looking forward to black adam, aquaman and maybe the batman. Even if it is as a bad guy, i welcome something that feels like the true blue superman atleast in personality. Both Whedon superman and Snyder's superman are pretty boring. Whedon's superman is especially poultry as well . I don't want superman to behave like a dad or a wet towel. Superman was modelled after zorro . He should be a dashing debonair working class champion as superman, fighting for the little guy and harold Lloyd or Charlie Chaplin as clark kent with glasses.

I am done with this kinda nonsense. Siegel and shuster didn't create this thing.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-07-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Even when someone admits to Johns being unprofessional, it seems they somehow try to blame it on the Snyder movies. And you just know that if it had been Snyder who was accused of something, it wouldn't matter if there was a lack of details for certain people.

That said, it does seem like there might not be anything worth going to court over though.
    Don’t be a coward Z, quote me when you call me out. Passive aggressiveness is for losers. Frontier was wondering how Johns could have such a toxic relationship with Fischer when that seems so unlike him. I was offering up an explanation for why that might be so. Johns was in a crappy and stressful situation because he had to somehow salvage the DCEU after Snyder got the boot. That explains how he could be such a jackass to Fischer despite others like Affleck and the Stargirl cast praising him. It doesn’t excuse his behavior though, calling up Ray like that is juvenile and pathetic if true.

Of course if Ellis has taught me anything it’s that someone’s “public persona” doesn’t count for squat. Maybe Johns has always been a dick and this is just the first time we’re hearing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Snyder's getting the Cut in a HBO mini-series, that's why. The Snyder Cut isn't Snyder's return to DCEU cinema, it's a last hoorah. It's not retconning canon DCEU like Whedon's Justice League did. He's not taking control back of the DCEU, that's over.
    He could end up making JL 2 and 3 as HBO Max series if his Cut is well received, but I expect his Cut to be yet another critical flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I really didn't feel like he nailed it personally, even when he got to do some lighter bits in Justice League. But to each their own, everyone had different images of someone like Superman in their head, and how closely an actor matches it or blows it is a very subjective thing. I just didn't feel his Superman like you did.

Like-wise whether a new Batman excites you or not is also subjective - but I don't know why you think it's a "hip-shot panic reboot". There's nothing to suggest that it's a "hip-shot", seems well planned and thought out, nor do I think panic had anything to do with it. You are free to dislike that they're rebooting at all, but mind clarifying why it feels like a hip-shot panic reboot to you?
    Sorry for the late reply. Of course its subjective; your question upon my reasoning was based on my subjective opinion. Objectively I'm sure that movie will do well.

And hip-shot because after Bens Batman moved a bit out of reach and the reviews weren't as glowing as they hoped they would be they pressed the emergency "release another Batman no matter what even if Affleck does no do it" button. All along with (subjective perception on events) careful crapping on DCEU to make stand alone movies more interesting but not to much to not burn to many bridges; especially after most other DCEU movies became successes or even 1bn smash hits in AQMs case.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He could end up making JL 2 and 3 as HBO Max series if his Cut is well received, but I expect his Cut to be yet another critical flop.
    If he's really, really lucky he'll get mini-series from HBO, but nowhere near the budget he had for his movies. But he's no coming back to he films, that'd be in his own non-canon DCEU HBO corner. Snyder's not coming back to the movie 'verse any time soon. Especially when movies like Aquaman are making billions.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Are you really trying to suggest that MoS is less popular than Superman Returns?

I think they should try to keep to the continuity they have already, which already has a fan base. You can perform a soft reboot like they did for Thor 3 and go in a different direction with a different creative team.
    MOS was more popular than Superman Returns at first, then it **** the bed with its follow up movie. I don't blame Cavill himself for this, but this Superman has had three chances and didn't take off. Time to move on.

Affleck was better received overall with Batman, and still The Batman is coming out. With the casuals mainly wondering how Pattinson will measure up to Keaton and Bale, with nary a mention of Affleck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect it'll be like his other movies. Popular with his fans (which is what it's intended fro at this point) but too much for general audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    And hip-shot because after Bens Batman moved a bit out of reach and the reviews weren't as glowing as they hoped they would be they pressed the emergency "release another Batman no matter what even if Affleck does no do it" button. All along with (subjective perception on events) careful crapping on DCEU to make stand alone movies more interesting but not to much to not burn to many bridges; especially after most other DCEU movies became successes or even 1bn smash hits in AQMs case.
    This is pretty much what I think happened. There probably was a time when the headless chickens at WB thought the DCEU is dead and then it turns out it wasn't. What I don't get now, is that now we have confirmation that The Batman is a separate universe, why people are saying the DCEU is dead, even though if you watch the Multiverse video, they say every other films is DCEU (WW2, Black Adam, Shazam 2, Flash, New Gods, The Suicide Squad).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    MOS was more popular than Superman Returns at first, then it **** the bed with its follow up movie. I don't blame Cavill himself for this, but this Superman has had three chances and didn't take off. Time to move on.

Affleck was better received overall with Batman, and still The Batman is coming out. With the casuals mainly wondering how Pattinson will measure up to Keaton and Bale, with nary a mention of Affleck.
    Chris Hemsworth's Thor really only became his own with Thor 3 though, which is after 4 films and considering Cavil's status has only increased since his Witcher work. I'm not against recasting Cavil either and performing a soft reboot. I just think a full reboot that is apart from the DCEU is a bad idea and given WB's track record I frankly don't have faith in them to get it right.

UPDATE: #HenryCavillSuperman is trending right now on Twitter
    Last edited by Pinsir; 09-07-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Chris Hemsworth's Thor really only became his own with Thor 3 though, which is after 4 films and considering Cavil's status has only increased since his Witcher work. I'm not against recasting Cavil either and performing a soft reboot. I just think a full reboot that is apart from the DCEU is a bad idea and given WB's track record I frankly don't have faith in them to get it right.
    Which basically involved completely re-working the character and writing him entirely differently than he had in the past.

Which obviously worked but as a Thor fan I still don't care for it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which basically involved completely re-working the character and writing him entirely differently than he had in the past.

Which obviously worked but as a Thor fan I still don't care for it.
    Yeah, definitely not the character I - or anybody else - grew up with.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

UPDATE: #HenryCavillSuperman is trending right now on Twitter
    Yeah, but he had the benefit of showing up in the first Avengers movie which was a huge hit and definitely endeared him to the mainstream audience as at least part of an ensemble. Same with Cap's first movie being so-so but his next appearance being Avengers as well, and then his next solo being a big hit with Winter Soldier by the creative team who would be put in charge of the rest of the major MCU stuff.

Cavill's Superman had a shaky start and had the misfortune of his next appearance being the critically toxic BvS that had audiences retreat away from it during it second weekend. Cap and Thor were also in better positions to be salvaged than Supes was after that mess, they had no baggage that visibly bad attached to them. You can't compare these scenarios with a straight face.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-07-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The two characters Johns pushed hard to make more prominent teaming up to take him down? That’s a comic book ass twist if I ever saw one. Guess Johns won’t be involved with Aquaman 2.