Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Who thought it was smart to remove the female lead and center the sequel on brotherly love?
    And given how polarazing the situation with Amber Heard is, I don't think removing her is going to help with sales either.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    It's far more subtle most of the time. Not like the suits in those images which are fully embracing the silliness.
    They honestly don't look all that different or particularly silly to me. I've got several large problems with the Flash suit, but sculpted muscles aren't one of them. Nothing about them also makes me think comedic than prior DC movie suits either.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-26-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Incredible Member James Cameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They honestly don't look all that different or particularly silly to me. I've got several large problems with the Flash suit, but sculpted muscles aren't one of them. Nothing about them also makes me think comedic than prior DC movie suits either.

I like this suit because it gives the impression of muscle definition without actually being that. I feel the same about Flash's suit in Justice League. I think actually sculpting muscles into the suit makes it look silly and has me thinking DC is carrying the tone of TSS and Peacemaker to their other movies. I just don't like it, but to each their own

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The costume looks even better in motion! Jaime apparently having some standard growing pains of a superhero learning how to use their powers.

Hah the scarab looks kinda creepy at full size latched onto Jaime’s back. Which actually works since it’s an robotic alien parasite programmed to turn its host into a war machine for the Reach.

There’s been a few different reasons why the scarab malfunctioned and allowed Jaime to have some control. One of them invoked Peacemaker. Would be pretty cool to see a cameo.
    The costume is great. Creepy scarab and all. lol.

The way he acts and moves in the video remind me of Spider-Man for some reason.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-26-2022 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post

I like this suit because it gives the impression of muscle definition without actually being that. I feel the same about Flash's suit in Justice League. I think actually sculpting muscles into the suit makes it look silly and has me thinking DC is carrying the tone of TSS and Peacemaker to their other movies. I just don't like it, but to each their own
    Imma be real. Nothing about body armor makes me think of a design as inherently darker or more realistic, nor does embracing the comics automatically make me think comedic. The Flash has gone the vast majority of his existence wearing a largely streamlined bodysuit, so a costume closer to that rather than body armor in no way tells me the movie is a comedy. Ditto Manta.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-26-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well since they couldn’t agree on replacing her. However we don’t know if another female is or is not appearing, Dolphin may still be in it.
    I don't think Dolphin's officially been confirmed.

I'm starting to think Black Adam is going to flop
    Not that I dislike Shazam characters or the JSA but they definitely should have got a Billy cameo in this movie somehow
    Included that in the marketing and hype
    The Rock by himself cannot sell a movie

Incredible Member James Cameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Imma be real. Nothing about body armor makes me think of a design as inherently darker or more realistic, nor does embracing the comics automatically make me think comedic. The Flash has gone the vast majority of his existence wearing a largely streamlined bodysuit, so a costume closer to that rather than body armor in no way tells me the movie is a comedy. Ditto Manta.
    Darker and realistic is not what I mean. It's not one or the other. I just think muscle suits are campy. We'll see when the movies release

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Isn't this provably false?

Again, I just don’t see the correlation when it’s a thing most of these outfits already have. I’m looking a at the pictures of those two outfits and for the life of me nothing about the muscles is really standing out to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Dolphin's officially been confirmed.
    The movie not out until 2023 we’re only so hyper focused on it becuase this trial nonsense

Not that I dislike Shazam characters or the JSA but they definitely should have got a Billy cameo in this movie somehow
    Isn't The Rocks' name still good?

Probably as they get more trailers and marketing going it'll be a better gauge for public interest.

Nah I think Black Adam is gonna surprise a lot of people. Plus you can’t go wrong with Pierce Bronson.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The Rock is probably the biggest star the franchise has had so far.

**** if anything I have the most confidence in Black Adam doing well, besides the Rock you’ve got the JSA in there as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You think a Billy cameo will make it not flop?