Page 487 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587987 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    exactly and she isn't! She's trash. She wasn't even able to leave the Joker, he dumped her..
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! They do push her as some female empowerment symbol.
    So what, according to you people a feminist icon has to be Mary Sue? Nah, don't think so.

The funny thing too is that if they did have HQ dump the Joker then we know the frog people will REEEEEEEEEEEEE more so than we already are. Those types of people are already upset at this movie even though the main character is deeply flawed.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

I'm pretty sure a feminist icon shouldn't be a psychotic murderer along with being a willing accomplice to tons of crimes.
    A feminist icon should at least be a good person she's not even that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    They wanna pee with the big dogs (MCU) but are too afraid to lift the leg.

They are the only ones with a solid foundation (characters/IPs/fandom) to do so though. Its just... they are kinda pathetic. Does not even have a the guts to name a connected universe. They have no standing power. Complete lack of endurance paired with must have short term goals paired with "I don't give a crap, just release it so I get more money now" personas like that Monves dude. Jump from one figurehead to another and does not support correctly either of them nor bother getting a new one which MCU clearly shows is needed. On top of that an marketing team full of monkeys that neither understand or want to understand or utilize the fanbase (of the source material).

... just my subjective feelings about it.
    FYI, this is the kind of post I was getting at. People can't see how successful the DCEU is because "Marvel is bigger!"

Not to mention its crazy how people can still say DCEU films don't respect the source material. BoP has nods too the comic books, Black Canary's mother was a superhero, Huntress's backstory is directly ripped from the comics, HQ's apartment was basically pulled from the most recent run, oh, but because of Cassandra Cain is different that means DC doesn't respect the source material .

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    I'm pretty sure a feminist icon shouldn't be a psychotic murderer along with being a willing accomplice to tons of crimes.
    A feminist icon should at least be a good person she's not even that.
    No, a lot of feminist icons were historically seen as reprehensible by society at large and there is an obvious reason for that; previously any model women had were devoted wives, daughters and mothers. These sort of role models reinforce patriarchal oppression, not challenge it.

One of the early feminist role models was actually Medusa, but pretty much every monster who is not directly linked motherhood has become a feminist icon. Witches, the Furies and the Amazons are feminist icons (If you know anything about the context of Amazons in ancient Greek literature, they were basically monsters) and some early iconic female characters that feminist cling too are Electra, who kills her father, and Queen Medb, a warmongering regent.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 02-21-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Ugh freaking armor again! Very tired of the “real world” Batman. We’ve been here before.

I'm guessing they're just trying to play it safe again. After all the Nolan films are the most successful iteration of the character and he wore armor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm guessing they're just trying to play it safe again. After all the Nolan films are the most successful iteration of the character and he wore armor there.
    As long as he can move better then Nolan's Batman did, I don't mind.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

If that's a tactical suit or something then okay, but if he's going to be stuck in that the whole time I'd be pretty disappointed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    No, a lot of feminist icons were historically seen as reprehensible by society at large and there is an obvious reason for that; previously any model women had were devoted wives, daughters and mothers. These sort of role models reinforce patriarchal oppression, not challenge it.

One of the early feminist role models was actually Medusa, but pretty much every monster who is not directly linked motherhood has become a feminist icon. Witches, the Furies and the Amazons are feminist icons (If you know anything about the context of Amazons in ancient Greek literature, they were basically monsters) and some early iconic female characters that feminist cling too are Electra, who kills her father, and Queen Medb, a warmongering regent.
    So basically most feminist icons are either monsters or terrible reprehensible people no one should emulate and that's somehow a good thing for Harley?

This seems very Year One. I hope not because I’m so tired of Batman origin stories. We’ve seen the Wayne’s get murdered on screen so many times that it has very little emotional weight.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This seems very Year One. I hope not because I’m so tired of Batman origin stories. We’ve seen the Wayne’s get murdered on screen so many times that it has very little emotional weight.
    This kinda Screams Zero Year. The cowl is very Capullo and those gang members pics earlier kinda felt very Red hood gang

Has Affleck come out with new reasons for leaving recently??

I think Pattinson's Batman is supposed to be in his second year, so that's probably as close as you can get with a rookie Batman without retreading Year One.

Astonishing Member

It’s a stunt suit but I still don’t love the look so far. I hope once the suit is seen in it’s proper context with an official publicly released photo it’ll grow on me.

Right now, all I can muster is an “eh?” I need to see the full suit properly before I can make a final judgement.

Though it may not be the suit he wears in the entirely of the movie, and this design may be his prototype before he moves on to his more refined suit later on.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-21-2020 at 05:12 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    So basically most feminist icons are either monsters or terrible reprehensible people no one should emulate and that's somehow a good thing for Harley?
    These characters are only 'villainous' in so much as they reject patriarchal governance and have their own agency. They aren't actually terrible people to a modern audience.

As for emulating HQ, well, yeah, the character has flaws, like an actual person, and yet she can overcome them to become a hero. She's a lot more relatable then a character like Wonder Woman.

You can be a criminal, hurt people for pleasure and still be a good person? News to me.

I love the Lex Luthor character, but I accept he's evil and does really bad stuff.